Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDC 2015 and built-in nokia phone  (Read 7998 times)

zYx

• Kent
  • Member of Mayday
    • Black 3.2
    • View Profile
    • Grischke Solutions
NCDC 2015 and built-in nokia phone
« on: 04 January 2008, 23:01:40 »

Hi there,

In my new omega I have NCDC 2015 with built-in nokia phone like on pictures below

and for some reason my t-mobile SIM card is not recognized or can't find any network. This nokia phone operates only in 900mhz networks, maybe that's why, and I only can find vodafone network.

Anyway, I found something like this Connects2-BTAV01-Bluetooth-Interface-for-A2DP
Do you think I could replace that hidden nokia box with the above unit? Or maybe you have some other ideas. I don't want to use any additional devices, I wan't my phone to be fully (well, almost) integrated with my factory radio, so when I've got incoming phone call the music will cut off.

So, there is a built-in microphone somewhre in my car and i think that it is connected to this nokia box, so possibly I might to replace that with something with mic-in.

This is the the socket in my radio NCDC 2015 unit

At the moment I can control nokia-phone with the NCDC 2015 unit and on CID screen info, but i don't need that, I just want to make and receive calls. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 04 January 2008, 23:39:11 by zYx »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: NCDC 2015 and built-in nokia phone
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2008, 23:21:50 »

NCDR2015 with Telematics unit.... That's one very rare bit of kit!

Firstly the 900Mhz frequency is dedicated to Vodafone and O2, Orange and T-Mobile operate on the 1800Mhz frequency so that could be your problem though I did think that the Telematics could handle either frequency.

If you are looking at some other form of integration (mute 2015, display 'external audio' on the CID and route the sound through the 2015you will need either a bluetooth kit (Parrot or many of the later Nokia's) or a kit and cradle and the appropriate Autolead, this is necessary because the autolead has two transformers inline because the Bose enabled headunits suffer distortion otherwise.

The microphone is built into the centre light in the headlining but to be honest it will only work properly with the original telematics unit. Most kits utilise there own microphone that isn't obtrusive, you just push the cable behind the A post and headlining.

You can connect the standard GPS/GSM roof aerial into the nokia kit with a £14 cable from VX - it's probably already present and connected to the telematics unit in your car.

zYx

• Kent
  • Member of Mayday
    • Black 3.2
    • View Profile
    • Grischke Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2008, 23:37:16 »

Thanks for reply.
The Connects2-BTAV01-Bluetooth-Interface-for-A2DP is only for A2DP, meaning - music only. I've used this 'Telematics' unit whilst I was in Poland and the microphone worked great - comparing to my previous JVC AVX33 radio, when I was talking to someone they could not undestand me what I was saying.

Anyways, I know I could've use pins TL+ an TL- but how MUTE pin works? Does it need some kind of low voltage to cut off the music or what?

Have you got any ideas what 'autoleads' could I use?

Maybe this one? http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop/Parrot-CK3000-Evolution-Bluetooth-Car-Kit_productJJ3198ZZcategoryJJ/Hands-Free/Parrot/

Thanks
« Last Edit: 04 January 2008, 23:44:10 by zYx »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2008, 23:47:52 »

Will have to check but for a nokia to NCDR I think it's something like 06-108B.

Telematics probably would work with T-Mobile sim in Poland because it would have been 'roaming' on the 900MHz (GSM) network.

Might be worth registering on the www.siocommunications.co.uk forum and asking Terry for some advice, he knows this sort of stuff inside out.

I think (again not 100%) that when the mute line goes +ve the relay / logic in the headunit is triggered to mute and accept input via line-in (mono for phones / trafficmaster)

« Last Edit: 04 January 2008, 23:52:53 by VXL_V6 »

zYx

• Kent
  • Member of Mayday
    • Black 3.2
    • View Profile
    • Grischke Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 04 January 2008, 23:53:02 »

I've already been lookin for some advise regarding SIM cloning but obviously t-mobile won't work anyway, so I have to find another solution.

Thanks for the link - will check that out.

Night ;)
« Last Edit: 04 January 2008, 23:53:38 by zYx »

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 January 2008, 01:38:19 »

Out of interest, the wife bought £10 top up for one of the kids new phones last weekend. O2 gave her a free sim card. It's a deal they have at the moment, she didn't even have to ask for it.  :y
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 January 2008, 04:09:32 »

Fairly certain the 2015 is GSM only (900Mhz) and not PCN (1800Mhz) as you say T-mobile will work on GSM when roaming, but not at home.?

I could be wrong.

zirk.

zYx

• Kent
  • Member of Mayday
    • Black 3.2
    • View Profile
    • Grischke Solutions
« Reply #7 on: 05 January 2008, 07:19:26 »

Fairly certain the 2015 is GSM only (900Mhz) and not PCN (1800Mhz) as you say T-mobile will work on GSM when roaming, but not at home.?

I could be wrong.

zirk.

That's how it looks like. It is mentioned in manuals that it is only 900mhz.

Out of interest, the wife bought £10 top up for one of the kids new phones last weekend. O2 gave her a free sim card. It's a deal they have at the moment, she didn't even have to ask for it

I am not interested to have two different sim card with different numbers. Also Telematics does not accept 'meter card' in other words pre-paid?  :-X

I could've set up a call divert but even with thousands of free minutes they will charge me 20p/min. So... no thanks.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 January 2008, 09:42:07 »

The telephone is GSM900 only on the NCDR2015.......yet the CART2007 and CCRT2008 are 900 and 1800 capable.

zYx

• Kent
  • Member of Mayday
    • Black 3.2
    • View Profile
    • Grischke Solutions
« Reply #9 on: 19 January 2014, 12:46:02 »

Right. I'm gonna dig it out :P

I still got that smart-phone and maybe 6 years later, somebody knows how to modify it so we can use Bluetooth with NCDC 2015?

I did use this phone with Vodafone 900MHz for w bit, but it was far from practical. I'm with T-Mobile.

Any news on this 6 years later? Couldn't find any concretes.

blackviper90210

• Omega Baron
  • Bromsgrove, West Midlands
    • 03 3.2 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 January 2014, 13:00:52 »

NCDR2015 with Telematics unit.... That's one very rare bit of kit!

Firstly the 900Mhz frequency is dedicated to Vodafone and O2, Orange and T-Mobile operate on the 1800Mhz frequency so that could be your problem though I did think that the Telematics could handle either frequency.

If you are looking at some other form of integration (mute 2015, display 'external audio' on the CID and route the sound through the 2015you will need either a bluetooth kit (Parrot or many of the later Nokia's) or a kit and cradle and the appropriate Autolead, this is necessary because the autolead has two transformers inline because the Bose enabled headunits suffer distortion otherwise.

The microphone is built into the centre light in the headlining but to be honest it will only work properly with the original telematics unit. Most kits utilise there own microphone that isn't obtrusive, you just push the cable behind the A post and headlining.

You can connect the standard GPS/GSM roof aerial into the nokia kit with a £14 cable from VX - it's probably already present and connected to the telematics unit in your car.

I've fitted the parrot mki9200 to my 56 plate vectra elite and now my 03 omega elite, both with BOSE. I've never suffered any issues or distortion of any kind. Using the autoleads too
AKA - Mr Bracket

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 January 2014, 16:41:53 »

Right. I'm gonna dig it out :P

I still got that smart-phone and maybe 6 years later, somebody knows how to modify it so we can use Bluetooth with NCDC 2015?

I did use this phone with Vodafone 900MHz for w bit, but it was far from practical. I'm with T-Mobile.

Any news on this 6 years later? Couldn't find any concretes.
Bluetooth kits work fine for voice calls when correctly wired into the aux-in of 2013. Converting the 2015 to a 2013 (programming option, although a couple of buttons are wrong).

I have made an adapter to allow bluetooth and Nokia Telematics to work together, but although it works fine in mine, attempts to reproduce for others have lead to it being a bit hit and miss due to mine being a prefacelft, it has an extra audio transformer.
Grumpy old man

Vega

• The Netherlands
    • Omega Saloon 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 January 2014, 17:46:04 »

Bluetooth kits work fine for voice calls when correctly wired into the aux-in of 2013. Converting the 2015 to a 2013 (programming option, although a couple of buttons are wrong).

Can you explain what the correct wiring is. And what about converting a 2015 to a 2013.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 January 2014, 22:11:26 »

The aux in and mute lines, as per wiring schematics. From memory, pins 34/35/36.

Tech2 can tell a 2015 that its a 2013. Needs depairing first, then reconfig of NCDC, Display and CDC
Grumpy old man

zYx

• Kent
  • Member of Mayday
    • Black 3.2
    • View Profile
    • Grischke Solutions
« Reply #14 on: 22 January 2014, 08:28:02 »

Maybe I will be able to do something using my arduino. What signal needs to go to mute to enable 'phone' in? Is it 5V or 12V?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 22 January 2014, 18:04:53 »

Maybe I will be able to do something using my arduino. What signal needs to go to mute to enable 'phone' in? Is it 5V or 12V?
Arduino? For what? Can't see that being of any use here  :-\

You've confuddled me now.

Aux in will take the input directly from any bluetooth car kit...  ...just not along with the Telematics without extra messing around
Grumpy old man

zYx

• Kent
  • Member of Mayday
    • Black 3.2
    • View Profile
    • Grischke Solutions
« Reply #16 on: 22 January 2014, 19:58:37 »

Arduino? For what? Can't see that being of any use here  :-\

You've confuddled me now.

Aux in will take the input directly from any bluetooth car kit...  ...just not along with the Telematics without extra messing around

I want to use arduino instead of Nokia box and use it as it was built in. I'm currently looking into this.

I already use Line-in from my CD changer without any programming.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2014, 20:08:58 by zYx »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 January 2014, 20:38:21 »

So you've built a full blown GSM phone onto your Arduino? Or have I misunderstood?

The (phone) Aux in is lo-fi, and for phone use only really.
Grumpy old man

zYx

• Kent
  • Member of Mayday
    • Black 3.2
    • View Profile
    • Grischke Solutions
« Reply #18 on: 23 January 2014, 10:32:04 »

So you've built a full blown GSM phone onto your Arduino? Or have I misunderstood?

The (phone) Aux in is lo-fi, and for phone use only really.

Not yet, but I'm planning to replace Nokia box with a BT device not a phone. I thought I ask here first to see if there are any better solutions available. I actually had the Nokia-box out for a while now. I've been using my glove box as a... glove box  :P

PS. TheBoy, what did Eurotunnel do to you?

« Last Edit: 23 January 2014, 10:39:23 by zYx »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 January 2014, 18:16:37 »

Bluetooth just for phone? 2nd hand BT kits can be picked up for £15 delivered, for handsfree.

As said before, the input isn't really suitable for anything more hi-fi than voice, and its mono
Grumpy old man

zYx

• Kent
  • Member of Mayday
    • Black 3.2
    • View Profile
    • Grischke Solutions
« Reply #20 on: 23 January 2014, 18:45:07 »

Bluetooth just for phone? 2nd hand BT kits can be picked up for £15 delivered, for handsfree.
What ones work well with Bose audio system, because I tried the Parrot MKi9200 some time ago, installed by a "professional" and I could hear a clicking noise in all speakers. Any idea why?

As said before, the input isn't really suitable for anything more hi-fi than voice, and its mono
That's all I want to use it for. I have an iPod audio plugged in to a cd-changer audio. I don't really like listening to music via Bluetooth...
The reason why I'm thinking of using arduino is because I'd love to use the 2015 buttons to call/answer/dial and to see the signal and the network on the LCD screen :P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 January 2014, 18:51:10 »

Any are suitable. Mine both have ancient Nokia CK-7W.

However, if your NCDC is still configured for Telematics, you'll get an annoying click at about 1-0.5Hz. I *believe* this is part of the HU's diagnostics of the Telematics, as in my experience it goes when properly set for a NCDC2013.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.