Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitting Sony H/U trouble  (Read 8736 times)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: Fitting Sony H/U trouble
« Reply #30 on: 05 August 2009, 09:43:16 »

could I be that lucky? I'll go and try later when the big guy in the sky stops peeing on me  ::) :P

cheers for the help fellas  :y :)

Good Luck & Make sure to post your results 

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 August 2009, 17:01:23 »

The CDC2 fitted to ccrt700 is more resilient against failure from CDRs (use top quality blanks, not the 10p shite, and burn at slow speed) than some other changers. (TheBoy now waits for Dave DND to shoot him down )

Still aiming . . . And I`ll let you off with that one.  :o

You would be forgiven for thinking that, but its actually the same laser and mech inside - the only difference on CDC2 is the main PCB that changes the protocol between variants.

However, what has probably made you think this is that the CCRT700 was an exceptionally expensive upgrade in its day, and as a result the units tend to have had a much easier life, and are not yet as knackered as the rest of them. The better condition the laser is in, the more chance it has of reading the CDR`s, however, its demise is still just as rapid with continue use.

;)
Surely the laser setup is the same in all CDC2s (with the control board varying (either in hardware/firmware) to suit different applications?

We know the CDC3 (be it part of CCR2006/NCDC201x/CCRT2008 or standalone for ccr600/800 and ccrt700) is prone to laser failure.

Certainly, in my limited experience, the cdc2 seems to be more robust than the cdc3 after a dog load of cheap, nasty cdrs have been thrown through it.
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #32 on: 05 August 2009, 17:10:38 »

The CDC2 fitted to ccrt700 is more resilient against failure from CDRs (use top quality blanks, not the 10p shite, and burn at slow speed) than some other changers. (TheBoy now waits for Dave DND to shoot him down )

You would be forgiven for thinking that, but its actually the same laser and mech inside - the only difference on CDC2 is the main PCB that changes the protocol between variants.

However, what has probably made you think this is that the CCRT700 was an exceptionally expensive upgrade in its day, and as a result the units tend to have had a much easier life, and are not yet as knackered as the rest of them. The better condition the laser is in, the more chance it has of reading the CDR`s, however, its demise is still just as rapid with continue use.

;)
Surely the laser setup is the same in all CDC2s (with the control board varying (either in hardware/firmware) to suit different applications?

We know the CDC3 (be it part of CCR2006/NCDC201x/CCRT2008 or standalone for ccr600/800 and ccrt700) is prone to laser failure.

Certainly, in my limited experience, the cdc2 seems to be more robust than the cdc3 after a dog load of cheap, nasty cdrs have been thrown through it.

Sorry, I thought you were comparing CDC2 connected to CCRT700 against CDC2 connected to other head units and not against the CDC3

CDC2 is actually a Sony chassis (still like em now TB?) and is certainly more resiliant than the CDC3 which is a Philips chassis which seems to fail quickly even with correct media !

www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05 August 2009, 17:43:53 »

;)

Sorry, I thought you were comparing CDC2 connected to CCRT700 against CDC2 connected to other head units and not against the CDC3

CDC2 is actually a Sony chassis (still like em now TB?) and is certainly more resiliant than the CDC3 which is a Philips chassis which seems to fail quickly even with correct media !

Nah, Sony still suck. And Sony owners are too in touch with their feminine side..... ;)
Grumpy old man

Ratty

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • '99 2.5 CDX Mini-FL Est
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05 August 2009, 18:22:55 »

Nah, Sony still suck. And Sony owners are too in touch with their feminine side..... ;)

:o :o :o :( :( :o :o
« Last Edit: 05 August 2009, 18:23:08 by ratsalad »
John

Martin_1962

« Reply #35 on: 05 August 2009, 18:38:14 »

DOPS 005

Only difference is the lead - used in Facelift cars

Ratty

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05 August 2009, 21:17:05 »

Are you saying the DOPS005 would do the job Martin?
John

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #37 on: 05 August 2009, 22:44:43 »

DOPS 005

Only difference is the lead - used in Facelift cars

No, I disagree. Whilst the DOPS005 would be the norm for a standard 36pin Mini ISO setup, it will still not function with the CCRT700 display. The remaining lower sections of ISO block remain the same, so still better off hacking the plug to fit.
www.dndservices.co.uk

Ratty

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 August 2009, 16:48:36 »

Update: got a local installer to have a look and fit this for me (the wiring went right over my head  :-[ ) he managed to get it in and powered up but as has been said on here he couldn't get the display working which confused him as he said he's fitted loads of the Connects2 units in the past and had no problem, he says he needs to know the pin-outs for the DOPS004 so he can trace the lines, does anybody know this info? I fired off an email to Connects2  but as yet I've had no reply.
John

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #39 on: 07 August 2009, 17:05:25 »

There are only so many times this can be said.

The CCRT700 display is configured differently to any other Vauxhall display and you WILL NOT get the display to work with the adaptor. Its not a case of swapping wires, the commincation protocol (language) is different.

yes, your installer has probably fitted thousands of these in the past, but with the different display fitted.
www.dndservices.co.uk

Ratty

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 August 2009, 17:10:20 »

:( sorry, didn't mean to come across like a broken record, I know you've said it before but he seemed to think it should work, so I just asked again to be certain...

sorry  :-[
John

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #41 on: 07 August 2009, 17:22:57 »

If I am right, and the installer knew roughly what he was doing, the DOPS004 should have given you steering controls at least?

If so, thats as good as it gets with your setup I`m afraid.

If not, get rid of the DOPS004 and give me a yell, I have a box here that will work for you.
www.dndservices.co.uk

Ratty

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07 August 2009, 17:25:50 »

yep the steering controls are working...

now, you've got me interested in this box you've got, tell me more :D
John

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #43 on: 07 August 2009, 17:41:27 »

It was the Autoleads PC99-X44  which is the steering control adaptor that works with the Omega.

Didn`t have the extra Mini ISO pins on the top, just teh bottom two ISO sockets, making it plug and play. And as it doesn`t do the display, it is probably cheaper too.

However, you now have steering controls and an upgraded sound system

:y
www.dndservices.co.uk

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #44 on: 07 August 2009, 17:44:10 »

:o :o :o :( :( :o :o

And remember if you ever meet TB in public, don`t for gods sake ever say the word SONY to him - I don`t know what they did to him, but its definately a sore point

;D ;D

A bit like saying BOSE to me I suppose   ::) :P
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.