Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Retrofitting TM and CK-7W  (Read 7718 times)

feeutfo

Re: Retrofitting TM and CK-7W
« Reply #90 on: 20 June 2011, 13:18:38 »

Big bottles, only one here though, as "I" was driving. So Groomer had no excuse.  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 20 June 2011, 19:01:36 »

Sounds like an excuse for a curry! ::) ::) :D :D
The last curry I had with Gayboy, Saturday evening, I could barely drink...  ...I hadn't recovered from the night before when I went out for a quiet drink with my best mate, and ended up in the curry house.

I was a bit dopey Saturday morning  :-[

Man Up! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Were you on little bottles again? :-? :-?
No, no little bottles again - unless you count the bottles of Becks in the hotel Friday night (because the best Hotel in Brackley sells shite beer on draft).

I think its age catching up with me - recovery takes longer  :-[
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 20 June 2011, 21:21:13 »

Ah, a few things become clear. Non of them helpful though  :-[

1 clearly I have no clue what most of this thread means.  ;D
2 I fully intended go get my similar project under way before meeting TB sat last by getting stuff plugged in , trim panels off, loom in place etc. Sadly no time, I didn't bring it as I  didn't feel it fair to ask him to do the stuff I could prepare anyway. But no matter as it pessed down all day anyway.
3 we discussed it briefly and TB mentioned yours needed a mixer, and being thick I dint fully appreciate I would need one as well, and hence that he was doing me a real favor with the boards so thanks again.  :)
4 my fobia about these things ment I've only just summoned the strength to read this  :-[;D
5 although I thought it would be helpful to make a start, seems from what TB was saying, I'll likely be making more work for finishing the project ie  soldering connections.... And probably braking kick panels as well by the sound of it....?  :-[
6 looks like the lakes is next opportunity...? What can I do in the mean time?

...and this other protect... I wonder?  ::)

It will be a couple of weeks before I can get the boards milled up, as I'm reliant on favours from others (as I don't have the equipment to do it, and the old etching method is difficult to get decent etching fluids).

Given the close proximity you are to me, and the fact that you will, no doubt, be busy playing with everyone's bushes at the Lakes, we can have a play before or after the meet, rather than try to fit too much in on a busy weekend?

Depending when you plan to do these installs I might be able to pop over and destroy help out  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #93 on: 20 June 2011, 23:44:22 »

Ah, a few things become clear. Non of them helpful though  :-[

1 clearly I have no clue what most of this thread means.  ;D
2 I fully intended go get my similar project under way before meeting TB sat last by getting stuff plugged in , trim panels off, loom in place etc. Sadly no time, I didn't bring it as I  didn't feel it fair to ask him to do the stuff I could prepare anyway. But no matter as it pessed down all day anyway.
3 we discussed it briefly and TB mentioned yours needed a mixer, and being thick I dint fully appreciate I would need one as well, and hence that he was doing me a real favor with the boards so thanks again.  :)
4 my fobia about these things ment I've only just summoned the strength to read this  :-[;D
5 although I thought it would be helpful to make a start, seems from what TB was saying, I'll likely be making more work for finishing the project ie  soldering connections.... And probably braking kick panels as well by the sound of it....?  :-[
6 looks like the lakes is next opportunity...? What can I do in the mean time?

...and this other protect... I wonder?  ::)

It will be a couple of weeks before I can get the boards milled up, as I'm reliant on favours from others (as I don't have the equipment to do it, and the old etching method is difficult to get decent etching fluids).

Given the close proximity you are to me, and the fact that you will, no doubt, be busy playing with everyone's bushes at the Lakes, we can have a play before or after the meet, rather than try to fit too much in on a busy weekend?

Depending when you plan to do these installs I might be able to pop over and destroy help out  :y
After lakes probably, by the sound of it. But I'll stick the box in the car just in case.  ;)      .... Is there a curry house in the lakes?   No never mind.  ;D
« Last Edit: 20 June 2011, 23:45:18 by chrisgixer »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 21 June 2011, 11:42:50 »

I'm going to have to leave it all alone until after I've been into hospital next week... Just went out to try and swap those 2 wires over and within a few minutes (as long as it took to get the unit out and unplug it) I was in agony :'( :'(

Hopefully someone (TB!) will take pity on me at the Lakes and have a look for me  :-* ::) ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 21 June 2011, 16:42:08 »

Scrub my last... Except for the volume issues with the Nokia plugged in, which I'm sure the mixer circuit will fix, all is working :y

Well... I'm getting audio from the TM now and, for the brief time I plugged the Nokia kit in to test it, from the Nokia too :y

I can only assume that one of the pins in the TM plug wasn't connecting properly as I haven't changed anything :-[ :-[

There is a "Tick" behind the TM audio though and it hasn't fired up by itself, although I think this is a duff mast as I only passed the one and it seemed to be lighting up the button OK on a longer journey last week :y :y

And before anyone asks, yes it is in automatic mode ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 21 June 2011, 18:46:01 »

Thats the second one I've seen that always seems to be in manual mode, even though in automatic.  Seems to be an actual fault with the TM unit.

Not the end of the world, as easy to change...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 21 June 2011, 18:47:09 »

After lakes probably, by the sound of it. But I'll stick the box in the car just in case.  ;)      .... Is there a curry house in the lakes?   No never mind.  ;D
Depends on when you next have a few spare hours...  ...anything for a break from messing with bloody computers ;D
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 21 June 2011, 19:59:28 »

Thats the second one I've seen that always seems to be in manual mode, even though in automatic.  Seems to be an actual fault with the TM unit.

Yup... But it looks like the TM loom was fine after all ::)

Oh... And all the connections for the CK are fine too, although it's going to need cutting into to fit the mixer (I assume) ::) Are we going to be able to fit it all at the lakes? :-?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 21 June 2011, 22:00:23 »

Oh... And all the connections for the CK are fine too, although it's going to need cutting into to fit the mixer (I assume) ::) Are we going to be able to fit it all at the lakes? :-?
I can give you the mixer to fit, assuming I have them done by then.  It just needs (switched) 12v, 0v, audio from Telematics, audio from Nokia, and audio towards the HU.  So as long as you have those available, its a straightforward job electrically.  Finding somewhere to mount it though.....

Because the Telematics has no mute line, Trafficmaster can interrupt your Telamatics call (Nokia call is OK, as Nokia has mute line).
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 21 June 2011, 22:02:02 »

And yes, you need to cut into the Telematics audio wires for the mixer.
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 21 June 2011, 22:05:57 »

I can give you the mixer to fit, assuming I have them done by then.  It just needs (switched) 12v, 0v, audio from Telematics, audio from Nokia, and audio towards the HU.  So as long as you have those available, its a straightforward job electrically.  Finding somewhere to mount it though.....

Because the Telematics has no mute line, Trafficmaster can interrupt your Telamatics call (Nokia call is OK, as Nokia has mute line).

So, the only connections that aren't already there are the telematics audio, which I assume you can point me towards? Are those spliced into or cut?

The others are all available at the nokia kit end of the loom :y

As for TM interrupting telematics call, it used to on the saloon anyway ;) If on a call and traffic info pops up a quick press of the button shuts it up or listen and ignore the caller ::) :D
« Last Edit: 21 June 2011, 22:07:32 by Lazydocker »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 21 June 2011, 22:17:50 »

Your CCRT shouldn't have done that, as it should not be interupted when in a call. But then those CCRTs are unreliable ;D.  So, yes, same applies, quick press to shut it up :y

The power (12v and 0v) is spliced (or nicked from Nokia bit).

The audio is cut to feed via mixer circuit.

A field insn't ideal, as anything powerful enough to shrink heatshrink tends to pop out the campsite trips - esp there, as we had a fair amount of trouble last year, because we have to share hookups, and most tents are using high power Peltier type coolboxes.  We can attempt it, but it might need redoing when you get home.
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 21 June 2011, 22:23:10 »

Your CCRT shouldn't have done that, as it should not be interupted when in a call. But then those CCRTs are unreliable ;D.  So, yes, same applies, quick press to shut it up :y

The power (12v and 0v) is spliced (or nicked from Nokia bit).

The audio is cut to feed via mixer circuit.

A field insn't ideal, as anything powerful enough to shrink heatshrink tends to pop out the campsite trips - esp there, as we had a fair amount of trouble last year, because we have to share hookups, and most tents are using high power Peltier type coolboxes.  We can attempt it, but it might need redoing when you get home.

We've got a static ;)

But anyway, I'll try to remember my little gas blow torch... I normally use it for heat shrink with a gentle waft ::) Can you bring your gas soldering iron please?

As the audio is cut to feed via mixer, I assume that the Nokia audi will go through the same audio cables to HU (so will now be shielded ::)) and the existing Nokia audio that I spliced into the TM loom will become redundant? Not a problem, I'll just cut and insulate instead of digging it all out again ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 21 June 2011, 22:30:00 »

correct.

I wouldn't be using blowtorches or gas soldering irons on it. Gas soldering irons too big for the task, blowtorches, too much other stuff nearby!
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.