Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric rear blind  (Read 2170 times)

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
Electric rear blind
« on: 17 August 2006, 02:14:04 »

I've always fancied one of these, but never actually seen one in the flesh, so to speak. Theres one on ebay at the minute which shows photos of the blind both raised and lowered. At the rear of my own parcel shelf is what looks like a long speaker grille, is this where the blind would fit? I have always thought i would need the complete shelf, and of course the switch, but if this is the case then it would make it an easier (and cheaper?) mod!
Any advice much appreciated.  [smiley=shocked.gif]

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Electric rear blind
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2006, 06:57:16 »

I've always fancied one of these, but never actually seen one in the flesh, so to speak. Theres one on ebay at the minute which shows photos of the blind both raised and lowered. At the rear of my own parcel shelf is what looks like a long speaker grille, is this where the blind would fit? I have always thought i would need the complete shelf, and of course the switch, but if this is the case then it would make it an easier (and cheaper?) mod!
The blind fits just in front of the vent/'long speaker grille' and you would need the complete rear shelf. (plus the switch of course!)

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2006, 10:09:20 »

The blind actually sits about an inch or so in front of the Speaker grill If you manage to get the Blind unit alone with out the shelf, it will mean you would have to modify your rear shelf slightly, The top edge when down actually sits in a recess in the shelf so you could get away with drawing the outline and cutting out the shape of the top edge.

The only thing that would be a pain are the missing fixing brackets, although it shouldn't be too hard to create some fixing points for the blind itself.

What I would recommend if possible is try to get one with it pre-installed as it saves alot of time, and if you want to sell the car at any point the shelves can be swapped over again.

HTH  :)
« Last Edit: 17 August 2006, 10:11:47 by nixoro »

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2006, 21:27:13 »

Ah well, just my luck, I will need the whole lot! Postage to NI is a bit of a problem for what would be a bulky item, so I may start saving my pennies!
Cheers for the help guys, at least now I know what's what!
 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2006, 21:29:05 »

Check you have the loom before spending out - there will be a connector under parcel shelf on left side...
Grumpy old man

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2006, 23:45:48 »

Ok pal, will do. If it is there is it safe to presume the switch will work without further mods??

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2006, 08:44:52 »

If the connector is there, so will all the wiring back to switch - so plug in switch and fit blind and thats it :) (assuming nobody has been messing about with the loom)
Grumpy old man

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2006, 10:14:50 »

Even if the loom isn't already there, you don't need to panic.

If you find you still can't live without the blind it's not a major job to wire up. The controller is mounted with the motor on the blind so all you need is a reversing supply in order for it to work.  ;)
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 August 2006, 10:19:34 »

The wiring is a ignition 12v, 0v and a wire from the push-to-make switch
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.