Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water inside car.  (Read 1033 times)

gavlar001

• kent
    • omega 2.6 mv6
    • View Profile
Water inside car.
« on: 27 December 2020, 22:29:20 »

Hi everyone and a merry xmas to you all.Inside the 2001 mv6 i noticed that 2 cloths i left in the drivers side door panel were soaking wet after all that rain we've had and also it mists up inside the car real bad and doesnt clear in the morning very well.Is its the door seal if so is it the fixed one to the body of the door seal i need to change.I found a new gm door seal weather strip on ebay (90459562) C WEATHERSTRIP, FRONT DOOR, RH is this what is needed.Any ideas Many thanks gavin. :y

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: Water inside car.
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2020, 22:30:25 »

Check the scuttle drains before anything else. :y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2020, 22:50:35 »

Check the scuttle drains before anything else. :y

Wouldn't that would make the whole car damp, rather than a specific spot? Checking the scuttle drains are clear is normal maintenance.

For the stated problem, I would be taking off the door card and checking the top weather seals are good, the felt in the window tracks are OK and clean, the wiring and hinge lock mech grommets are in place, the door mirror has all its components and that the thin plastic vapour shield is still whole. I think it's highly likely that the shield is damaged, because most people who have been inside the door don't bother with it. A badly torn one can be replaced with any reasonably thick plastic sheet- damp proof membrane, rubble sack etc - stuck down with ordinary sealant if you don't have the 'proper' STUFF. Refit the door card, replacing all damaged clips and fasteners.

gavlar001

• kent
    • omega 2.6 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2020, 22:52:33 »

Well done mate i think ive checked them a month ago but,on my toyota the scuttle got blocked blew the ecu unit. The cloths were absolutely soaking as they were just left in the drivers door pocket near the speaker.Just wondered do the door seals had a habit of leaking from above in this area as they were dry the day before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.