Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitted aftermarket stereo in elite ( executive) BOSE equipped  (Read 1426 times)

Gintonic

• Macedonia
    • Omega B FL, 3.0 manual
    • View Profile

Good evening , how are you everyone, I hope all well.
I love this forum , it's always very helpful and always gives precious info which saves a lot time.
Today  I managed to fit an aftermarket stereo unit Pioneer  whuch replaced the factory unit ccr 2006 ( V6 3.0 manual FL). This unit I had installed in my Opel Rekord B from 1965, but it was barely used since I use that car in very short trips , and because of the loud exhaust pipes and no isolation , it had no use. Not to mention the period incorrectness in the interior
It is Sunday , so no stores open , I used what I could find in garage , but at the end final result was satisfactory.
So I used some electrical pins isolation tape and solder
Took out the old unit , released the original jack to come forward.
So I connected the input of the radio on to + 12 v from battery, same with the black wire GND , and the BLUE wire from the radio I connected to the red and white two wires, so the amp should get power.
Connected the 4 speaker connections as it should, and final result was a blast. Very very strong and clean sound much better then previous. No sound distortion, which happened to me when I connected the non bose factory radio from other omega here are the pictures how it looks, again , I know I should have bought a proper connector so it would look more professional but today is Sunday , my only day free, so I took what I had

Sorry for the long post , I hope was helpful

Gintonic

• Macedonia
    • Omega B FL, 3.0 manual
    • View Profile
Re: Fitted aftermarket stereo in elite ( executive) BOSE equipped
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2021, 20:29:43 »

I got instructions from the Omega owners FB page, very nice and patient guy, Tanveer, helped a lot
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.