Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help in any way possible thanks  (Read 1479 times)

Joshmo295

• Ireland
  • 3.2 omega/ Ford Sierra
    • Ford want an omega
    • View Profile
Please help in any way possible thanks
« on: 27 April 2021, 13:23:52 »

Hello everyone I’m in a bit of a pickle, I was driving on a dual carriageway yesterday and a lad driving a blue jeep crossed into my lane and I hit the side of him, my insurance is Gona right the car off but I had a 3.2 Vauxhall omega white ex police car that had all the extras heated seats after market radio, lsd elites alloys,
Could anyone estimate the value of the car please

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Please help in any way possible thanks
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2021, 14:47:14 »

Do not allow insurance company to take car, tell them you will keep car for a reduced pay-out, or buy the salvage... It's an uphill battle but do-able, I repeat DO NOT let insurance company take or remove car no matter what they threatening to do, it's your car,not theirs no matter what they say.

I've been down this road twice with Omega and kept salvage both times by standing up to them.
Hoof'land storeman.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2021, 14:59:28 »

Do not allow insurance company to take car, tell them you will keep car for a reduced pay-out, or buy the salvage... It's an uphill battle but do-able, I repeat DO NOT let insurance company take or remove car no matter what they threatening to do, it's your car, not theirs no matter what they say.

I've been down this road twice with Omega and kept salvage both times by standing up to them.

What he says .....

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2021, 15:16:40 »

Without more information, I think it'll be difficult to price a car.

Pretty much any car with a long MOT (or whatever it's called in Ireland) would be minimum £250. The upper limit depends on the mileage, condition and other factors. If it's a good car, then I would argue what their price is up, based on the fact it's difficult to get a car in such a condition anymore (if true, expand into how long you where looking, how many you went to see etc; ). I also can not account for the price differences where you are, as I have no local history.

Another key point to remember, based on what you said, he came into your lane. It's not your fault. Therefore, your insurance company should help you fight for more money, as they don't have to pay for it. You're happier, they have a happier customer - it's a win win.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2021, 18:38:58 »

I  told the insurers the same when my Desmond was written of by a guy who left his handbrake off. ::) I offered to buy the car back, took a bit of back and forth negotiating but in the end they agreed. They offered me £900, (which they wouldn't budge on) and they then sold it back back to me for £25.  :D Got it repaired and it lasted another two years before i wrote it off.  :'(. As others have said, do NOT let them take your car away. Good luck.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2021, 09:42:49 »

Hello everyone I’m in a bit of a pickle, I was driving on a dual carriageway yesterday and a lad driving a blue jeep crossed into my lane and I hit the side of him, my insurance is Gona right the car off but I had a 3.2 Vauxhall omega white ex police car that had all the extras heated seats after market radio, lsd elites alloys,
Could anyone estimate the value of the car please

Scroll through the Facebook sites and Donedeal , you'll find examples for sale .
Try Gareth Mcaleer 00447917408717 he'll give you an idea of it's worth in parts or if he can supply the items needed to repair it  if it's written off .
The drift boyos like the Omega especially the 3.2 with the spec you have so the values have risen to follow demand .
€2000 minimum  and then fight it out with evidence to prove ..

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2021, 23:13:15 »

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what 'extras' are fitted. It will always be an ex job car and is valued as such. Also the insurers may well decide that the 'extras' are modifications, and if undeclared, will use them as an excuse not to pay out.

The car being written off is based on a percentage of the cost of repairing it. If it's the whole side of the car, then that would write off a much newer car, the front wing and some paint is enough to push an Omega over the threshold.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Jan Suhr

• Intermediate Member
  • Nyköping, Sweden
    • 2 Omega Caravans 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2021, 07:49:08 »

This is why it is so important to get an authorized independent evaluation of old cars that are in good condition.
It will cost you a small sum to get it but if you have such a document it is a lot easier to get the proper amount for your car. It might also raise the insurance fee but it is worth it.

My 3.2L Omega, in mint condition, is valued to €6000 and my insurance company accept it.

If you don't have an valuation and your car is stolen, burned to the ground or totalled beyond recognition you will get the market value and that is in our case €400 at the top.
Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
www.protouring.se

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2021, 11:00:48 »

This is why it is so important to get an authorized independent evaluation of old cars that are in good condition.
It will cost you a small sum to get it but if you have such a document it is a lot easier to get the proper amount for your car. It might also raise the insurance fee but it is worth it.

My 3.2L Omega, in mint condition, is valued to €6000 and my insurance company accept it.

If you don't have an valuation and your car is stolen, burned to the ground or totalled beyond recognition you will get the market value and that is in our case €400 at the top.

Got to agree with you there, I had  my Mercedes E 430 on an agreed value policy model year 2000 with 30,000 miles ,I had to provide a complete set of photos inside & out they agreed a value of £9000 and my mileage was limited to 4000 per year, the policy was only around £250 per year.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2021, 11:55:47 »

True enough, but an ex police car will never fall into that category unless it was documented to be involved in some significant event.
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.