Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Warning light behaviour- Indicators and warnings blinking  (Read 1032 times)

GrahamK

• Shropshire
  • 2003 2.6 CDX Saloon
    • View Profile

I have a strange symptom with my turn left indicators. Right ones work as expected.
When turning left, the actual indicators work fine but inside the car, the right indicator flashes along with the main beam and both fog indicator lights. The MID text also blinks in time too.
I've changed the instrument binnacle to another one and it does the same thing?
This type of fault was usually an earth issue in the old days, but the actual indicators and repeaters all work fine?

Any ideas?

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile

Have you checked the left clusters ?
the wrong bulb type can cause issues
(combined 21/5 watt twin element in a holder that requires single element or vice versa )
and poor contacts, damp, shorting

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile

I was going to say damp or earth problem. Turn all your lights on and have a wander around your car, see if the main lights are dimming with the indicator pulse. If so, start there.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

GrahamK

• Shropshire
  • 2003 2.6 CDX Saloon
    • View Profile

Thanks both, I'll have a look at that.

I had an issue with the scuttle being full of water last summer and the passenger footwell was sopping. It's all dry now, but I understand the flasher relay is down under there. Could that be an issue?

Regards,

Graham.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Flasher relay is mounted halfway up the A pillar and behind the glove box... iirc big yellow brick of a thing.  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile

on mine ,which is also a 2003 2.6 its in the box under the column with the other relays .its only a single flasher unlike some vauxhalls which had a twin yellow type.( maybee some omegas too as dg suggested)
if the indicators are working fine then theres nothing in the flasher unit that can cause that issue,also if you have tried a different dash cluster then thats not it either. check bulbs and rest of lights as suggested and see if you find anything.checking at night time idealy to see if any lights glow dimly that shouldnt !
also check wiring to dash connector and maybee the indicator stalk too.it just plugs in but req removal of plastic cowling.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.