Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disconnecting Seat Belt Tighteners  (Read 1603 times)

polilara

• Finland
    • 2.6 Y26SE Elegance 2001
    • View Profile
Disconnecting Seat Belt Tighteners
« on: 16 November 2021, 19:08:56 »

I am going to change my worn textile seats to pretty good leather ones. Face Lift 2001 Saloon both. Saw in this
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90569.0

that tighteners are mounted to the seats. Do I have to pay attention to something when disconnecting them. Do I have to use my original tighteners or does the car recognize the new ones?
« Last Edit: 16 November 2021, 19:23:56 by polilara »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Disconnecting Seat Belt Tighteners
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2021, 20:30:48 »

Face lift to face lift is fine  :y

Only caveat if your current driver seat is manual with no memory and the new seats have memory... You will require  longer bolts for the driver seat.
Onanists always think outside the box.

polilara

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2021, 16:42:59 »

Thanks DG

Present seats in front have both electrical height control while other movements etc. are manual. New seats have more electricity. That is all I know. Just to confirm the tightener question. I am talking about the item you fasten the seat belt into. It is a safety thing like airbag. Did you mean that, too? If I disconnect tightener from its pug and connect it back later do I need Tech2 or anything else to get the car to accept it. Can I use the tighteners coming with new seats and connect them without the need to use any code reader instruments.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2021, 17:05:58 »

If you mean the seat belt pretensioner, there are various vids on it. Here is one:

https://youtu.be/IGJGlnj8w_s
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2021, 18:29:07 »

Thanks DG

Present seats in front have both electrical height control while other movements etc. are manual. New seats have more electricity. That is all I know. Just to confirm the tightener question. I am talking about the item you fasten the seat belt into. It is a safety thing like airbag. Did you mean that, too? If I disconnect tightener from its pug and connect it back later do I need Tech2 or anything else to get the car to accept it. Can I use the tighteners coming with new seats and connect them without the need to use any code reader instruments.
Something lost in translation...

Pretensioner and side airbags same across all face lift seats.

What does more electricity mean?

polilara

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 November 2021, 11:02:17 »

More electricity means what I heard from the seller: The driver's seat is moving with motors front and back+some other movements perhaps Backrest etc. electrically, do not know. Have to visit him and check. Whatever it is they are leather and in good condition. If swapping from FL to FL is ok then all ok.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2021, 11:55:55 »

More electricity means what I heard from the seller: The driver's seat is moving with motors front and back+some other movements perhaps Backrest etc. electrically, do not know. Have to visit him and check. Whatever it is they are leather and in good condition. If swapping from FL to FL is ok then all ok.
Right. You have standard seats. The new seats have memory/full adjustment. Ergo you need the longer bolts for the driver seat.

Electrically, you need to follow the guide.
Airbag/pretensioner, all is OK.

Obviously, it goes without saying that best practice is to disconnect the battery for 30 mins to discharge the airbag capacitors before unplugging anything. ;)
« Last Edit: 18 November 2021, 11:57:33 by Doctor Gollum »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2021, 12:22:13 »

Right. You have standard seats. The new seats have memory/full adjustment. Ergo you need the longer bolts for the driver seat.

Obviously, it goes without saying that best practice is to disconnect the battery for 30 mins to discharge the airbag capacitors before unplugging anything. ;)
Where's the fun in that?
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2021, 12:37:06 »

Where's the fun in that?
I know,  ;D but one day some snowflake will smack himself on the bonce and blame everyone else...   ::)

polilara

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2021, 15:29:11 »

OK, found it, nice, really nice. I solder together those mentioned and both end of each wire should still be connected there where they are now located?
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90680.0

polilara

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 December 2021, 16:07:54 »

So seats changed. My originals did not have memory and these new either.

I'm happy, like new.

Referring to this:
https://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=149020.0
I am not sure what the material is. Feels more leatherette. They are original seats from FL 2001 which I have, too. Perhaps center parts real leather?

Referring to this:
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90680.0
I did not do any soldering yet as I did not understand the text well enough. At least all the movements work like tilting the seat, back rest and moving front/back. The connectors were similar so just plugged... Heating not yet tested, could that be the problem or why this soldering? Below fig of connectors of my original drivers seat. Do "Elite Seats" differ from these?

And last comment: Both driver side and passenger side required longer bolts.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 December 2021, 17:39:32 »

The soldering is to bypass the mirror position memories as cars built without memory seats use different mirror wiring. AIUI ;) if the seats are working fine, then I wouldn't worry about the soldering.  ;) (that may be a specification difference between UK and Euro cars...)

JOB well jobbed 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.