Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with tech2 auto to manual conversion  (Read 4216 times)

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with tech2 auto to manual conversion
« Reply #60 on: 26 December 2021, 14:08:06 »

My 3.2 manual ran perfectly fine with a 2.6 ecu and the inlet, injectors and throttle body are identical. Similarly, that ecu was used for diagnostic purposes in at least two other cars without issue.

Your initial query almost four years ago was to replace the 2.6 with a 3.0. No mention was made re gearbox, but the suggestion was made to swap the 2.6 sensors and harness onto it, but that fitting a 3.2 made more sense as everything was guaranteed to fit.

Two years ago, you were adamant that you wanted to fit a 3.2 ecu. Again you were told that it wasn't necessary. Yet here we are...

TB has explained how the 2.6 ecu can be 'corrected'. It already contains the map required. Yet you tried to have the 3.2 ecu programmed.

The issues stem from the drip feeding of information. For example:
Are you still running lpg?

How is it running the 3.2 ecu if you haven't changed the transponder?

It’s possible that the details are getting lost in translation :-\

As Jack the Ripper would say, let's go by parts

We start from a 2.6 manual to which I mount the 3.0 with everything you need from 2.6 to work. I have been like this for about 2 years until it had a head gasket failure.
As I had constant adjustment problems with LPG I decided to leave the option of going with a 2.6 ECU and 3.0 engine to go to a full 3.2 as it would have left the factory to rule out problems.
And so I am now, the car is as if it had left the factory, so for any problem the possibility that the electronics is not what it should carry is ruled out
And yes, the ECU 2.6 makes the engine work, but it does not go as it should, now it runs faster than before. And it is logical, any modification requires remap and the omega is no exception
When I say that the ECU 3.2 is working with everything, it is understood that it has its immo and transponder, I thought it was taken for granted

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 26 December 2021, 14:20:28 »

OK. To be clear:

1. The car is not currently fitted with lpg?

2. The car functions correctly, including cruise control, with either ecu?  (this assumes the chip and transponder match the ecu being used regardless of which ecu).

3. The 2.6 ecu does NOT require remapping. It already contains the programming, but needs to be told that it is now running a 3.2 so that it can use the correct parameters in order to use the correct map.
Onanists always think outside the box.

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 26 December 2021, 17:39:39 »

OK. To be clear:

1. The car is not currently fitted with lpg?

2. The car functions correctly, including cruise control, with either ecu?  (this assumes the chip and transponder match the ecu being used regardless of which ecu).

3. The 2.6 ecu does NOT require remapping. It already contains the programming, but needs to be told that it is now running a 3.2 so that it can use the correct parameters in order to use the correct map.

Yes, but until gasoline goes well I'm not using it

No, cruise control does not work

I already think it is too late for the 2.6 ECU remap, unless the problems could come from a faulty 3.2 ECU

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 26 December 2021, 18:07:53 »

Remapping the 2.6 ecu is NOT required.

It already contains the ability to run the 3.2 as a 3.2.

It simply needs telling that it must follow the correct map for the 3.2 with a manual gearbox. The map is already there in the programming.

Assume you live on a block, and there is a shop on the opposite side of the block. As long as you can remember, you always turned left from your door to walk to the shop. And when you left the shop you always turned left to return home.

Now imagine if someone told you that if you turned right, you would still arrive at the same place.

You are the 2.6 ecu, and someone needs to tell you that you can turn right, ie think that you are a 3.2.

BTW, I wager that the cruise control would work if you refitted the 2.6 ecu  :-X

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26 December 2021, 20:58:48 »

Remapping the 2.6 ecu is NOT required.

It already contains the ability to run the 3.2 as a 3.2.

It simply needs telling that it must follow the correct map for the 3.2 with a manual gearbox. The map is already there in the programming.

Assume you live on a block, and there is a shop on the opposite side of the block. As long as you can remember, you always turned left from your door to walk to the shop. And when you left the shop you always turned left to return home.

Now imagine if someone told you that if you turned right, you would still arrive at the same place.

You are the 2.6 ecu, and someone needs to tell you that you can turn right, ie think that you are a 3.2.

BTW, I wager that the cruise control would work if you refitted the 2.6 ecu  :-X

I know what you mean but that information is late for me, you always said to use the ECU 2.6 without reassigning. However, it doesn't matter, I already have everything from 3.2 in the same way. Now to solve the fault 0430

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 06 January 2022, 17:45:58 »

Well, it is already solved, you are not going to believe it. In the end it was ... the distribution! Bank 1 was one tooth behind. It seems that the tensioner was bad because when I put it on its marks by doing 2 laps it was bad again. Looking closely, when I moved the crankshaft I had some play until I moved the cams and I was already unbalanced. When I finally get everything to fit, when starting it sounded very bad and I stopped it immediately. Buy a new distribution kit and the first time everything is ok. It seems incredible to me that the car worked perfectly, smoothly and without problems and it was the ECU 3.2 that pointed out the problem because with the ECU 2.6 until the idle I had it right.  :o

So nothing, mystery solved and thank you all very much for helping me  :y :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 06 January 2022, 17:56:37 »

That's a relief  :y

And why you should always use a reputable locking kit ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.