Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fault p0430  (Read 2585 times)

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
Fault p0430
« on: 26 December 2021, 06:27:47 »

Hello, it seems that the problems do not stop growing. Today I got the error p0430 that seems to be the catalyst, I have looked for information and it seems a recurring fault of this 3.2 engine. The funny thing is that with the ECU 2.6 this error did not appear and the idle was more stable, would it be a failure of the ECU?

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: Fault p0430
« Reply #1 on: 26 December 2021, 08:04:50 »

Common for the pre cats (smaller cats before the main ones) to bring this code on. Tankful of decent fuel and a good blast sometimes clears it but otherwise its a case of resetting... Or moving the O2 sensors to behind the main cats.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2021, 08:21:13 »

Common for the pre cats (smaller cats before the main ones) to bring this code on. Tankful of decent fuel and a good blast sometimes clears it but otherwise its a case of resetting... Or moving the O2 sensors to behind the main cats.

The fact is that just yesterday I gave it a bit of reed since the idle was oscillating, and today when I came to work the fault light appeared. Is idling related to catalysts?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 December 2021, 10:32:45 »

Is this a new ECU?  The idling could still be block learns learning.  Shouldn't take many miles for it to learn.

P0430 is unlikely to be related to idle, unless the issues with idle have destroyed the cat.

Get a cheap OBDII reader on it, and look at the LTFT (should be 0%), and the rich/lean status of all 4 lamdas - front ones should be cycling through rich/lean at about once a second, and rear ones constant lean.

Report back :y
Grumpy old man

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 December 2021, 11:03:59 »

Is this a new ECU?  The idling could still be block learns learning.  Shouldn't take many miles for it to learn.

P0430 is unlikely to be related to idle, unless the issues with idle have destroyed the cat.

Get a cheap OBDII reader on it, and look at the LTFT (should be 0%), and the rich/lean status of all 4 lamdas - front ones should be cycling through rich/lean at about once a second, and rear ones constant lean.

Yes, it is. So I thought, I should learn, so I did a quiet and fast turn, but it was still the same, oscillating slightly something that I did not do with the ECU 2.6  ???
The STFT settings are correct, the LTFTs somewhat high although if I used GLP they would not go high as if it happened to me before.
To say that the LPG uses it little by way of test, I am circulating with gasoline so that the ECU learns. Of course, the car now responds much better, that's why I was surprised by failure 0430
I have already reset the fault, I will observe the fuel settings as they have been reset as well. I have seen that it seems a common failure, any problem in canceling the second probe? It is usually done when a car is decat
« Last Edit: 26 December 2021, 11:09:07 by olm »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 December 2021, 11:47:00 »

It's probably a historic code. 0420/0430 is pretty much guaranteed to come on at some point on the 3.2.
Onanists always think outside the box.

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 December 2021, 12:44:39 »

It's probably a historic code. 0420/0430 is pretty much guaranteed to come on at some point on the 3.2.

That's good  :(

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 December 2021, 14:18:51 »

Short route by road, LTFT bank 1 = 7.8%, bank 2 = 4%. The STFT fluctuate correctly and the probes were changed a couple of years ago, would they get contaminated with the previous 3.0 engine head gasket failure?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 December 2021, 14:22:10 »

Unlikely as the head gaskets generally fail externally.  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 December 2021, 14:28:59 »

This car is pure petrol? Not LPG converted?

If so, check for airleaks in the intake, post MAF.  And exhaust blows.  As the LTFT should be around 0%

Reset the LTFT by putting a fault on the car (eg, unplug MAF), run car for a few seconds. Then plug MAF back in and clear the fault codes with a reader.  That will reset trims (and the block learns)
Grumpy old man

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 December 2021, 15:31:59 »

This car is pure petrol? Not LPG converted?

If so, check for airleaks in the intake, post MAF.  And exhaust blows.  As the LTFT should be around 0%

Reset the LTFT by putting a fault on the car (eg, unplug MAF), run car for a few seconds. Then plug MAF back in and clear the fault codes with a reader.  That will reset trims (and the block learns)

Yes, it is LPG but I am running on gasoline, I have to recalibrate the LPG but until it goes well I will not
What MAF values ​​are normal for this car? One important thing, the idle is almost perfect with the ECU 2.6, with the 3.2 it is quite unstable, what is happening? It seems surreal to me

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 December 2021, 16:35:12 »

OK, good to leave LPG out of the equation for now.

So look for airleaks as suggested.

I'm not saying the MAF isn't faulty, but if it was purely MAF, I'd expect both LTFT to be approx the same.  The MAF on a 3.0/3.2 with A/C off is about 12kg/hr
Grumpy old man

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 December 2021, 13:42:25 »

OK, good to leave LPG out of the equation for now.

So look for airleaks as suggested.

I'm not saying the MAF isn't faulty, but if it was purely MAF, I'd expect both LTFT to be approx the same.  The MAF on a 3.0/3.2 with A/C off is about 12kg/hr

Hi. the MAF is 4gr/s, which gives a value of 14.4kg / h. Checked vacuum pipes and all new gaskets since the engine was redone.
But I have noticed one thing, STFT of probe 2 always marked n / a%, I thought it was a failure of the app or something, but doing a test with LPG I have seen that it marked 93.7% in bank 1 which is worse. So I think the fault is going to be there, now, probe or cat? Cats often fail?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 December 2021, 12:22:36 »

STFT of probe 2 always marked n / a
By Probe 2, do you mean Sensor 2 on each back, ie, post cat?

Your LPG lamda sesnors with be Sensor 1 on each bank.
Grumpy old man

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 December 2021, 13:30:08 »

STFT of probe 2 always marked n / a
By Probe 2, do you mean Sensor 2 on each back, ie, post cat?

Your LPG lamda sesnors with be Sensor 1 on each bank.

Yes.
Another question, seeing that the main problem is idling, how is it regulated in these engines? What can I look at that influences?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.