Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Astra Door Microswitch  (Read 635 times)

Figureman52

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottingham
    • 2.6 CD Saloon
    • View Profile
Astra Door Microswitch
« on: 23 May 2022, 18:29:39 »

Help please. SWMBO's 1997 Astra Mk3 has started unlocking itself randomly and sometimes not locking all the doors. I am assuming it is the microswitch. I have removed it to get a replacement, the number seems to be Burgess 29/97 but I cant find a reference for this on the Web. Can anyone give me any pointer where I might get a suitable replacement.

Thank you.

Figureman52

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottingham
    • 2.6 CD Saloon
    • View Profile
Re: Astra Door Microswitch
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2022, 19:35:04 »

This is the switch.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2022, 00:58:03 »

Assuming Astras are a similar setup to Omegas, that picture looks very much like the central locking micro switch on the back of the exterior door handle bracket, which I have never had any issue with at all, rather than micro switches in the solenoid / motor itself. Usually the random locking and unlocking is due to a fault within the solenoid / motor itself, which I have had problems as you describe - the faulty solenoid is generally the one that doesn't lock or unlock (funnily enough ;D). Personally, I'd visit your local breakers and for little money, arm yourself with a couple of solenoids, and try them on your own car to ensure they are working correctly before reassembly. I've just replaced the complete central locking solenoid / motor previously on several of my Omegas (in fact, just done one a couple of weeks ago with one sourced from a breakers) when they have been playing up with ones from scrapyards, rather than messing about trying to repair the old ones.
No doubt someone with better knowledge of Astras (dave the builder?) may be able to enlighten you further?
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Figureman52

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottingham
    • 2.6 CD Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2022, 18:23:13 »

Well, the car unlocked itself about 5 minutes after I locked it without this switch being connected!

Looks like a trip to the breakers then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.