Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: overheated? hope not  (Read 296 times)

vagrant

• View Profile
overheated? hope not
« on: 11 August 2009, 19:17:19 »

ok hey guys. this is a long and sad story and i need some help.
Ive got an 97 omega b 2,5 v6. a few months ago the engine overheated(that was cause i was a dumbass) but i fixed it and i went well for about 500 miles. then a few days ago i started having some problems when i tried to start the engine. at first i thought it was the battery but after a while i figured that there was something wrong with the starter. but i had a spare one so i wasnt worried. but i didnt have any time to change it from yesterday till this morning so i had to drive it like that today(knowing that i could not stop the engine if i wanted to get home). so since i live in spain you could guess that the temperatures are slightly high. then while i was stuck in traffic the temperature hit 100. but the fans were working so it cooled the water down. so i got home without much problems but as i was going up this hill towards my house(now literally less then a minute away from my house) the temperature went mental-all of a sudden in a matter of seconds it got to 105 and i heard something go boom. so i obviously turned the engine off and went to see what happened.

the fans were not working and theres this water tube pretty much right beneath the air filter and the tube is the thing that actually exploded. so i hope that if the temperature was at 105 the engine had not overheated(since 120 is actually when it becomes nasty). now i know there was a certain amount of oil in the water when it overheated last time so i hope that this is the case-if there was some oil left somewhere around the tubes cause the water had some oil in it. but on the other hand i hope that the oil has not entere the water cause all the water on the street was pretty much clear. so at 105-do you think that the car could have overheated?? tnx! :'( :'( :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.