Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: new double din headunt  (Read 4289 times)

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
new double din headunt
« on: 19 January 2008, 21:41:29 »

i have been looking round and considering the possibility of replacing the CCR2006 with a Kenwood DNX-7200.

in addition i wold also need an ipod lead, TCM control module, bluetooth control module and the steering wheel controls, the whols lot comes in at a little under £900......

i will still need to make up a facia panel, i have someone who may be able to do this for me.

any other suggestions for a double din unit that has sat nav built in, can handle ipod and bluetooth an has TMC facility as well

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
Re: new double din headunt
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2008, 07:01:22 »

the pioneer unit is cheaper to buy on this website:

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/pioneer-avicd3-double-monitor-navigation-p-1180.html

And this one here looks like it has an input for sat nav?

http://www.alpine-europe.com/index.php?id=iva-d105r&no_cache=1&tx_comproductcatalog_pi1[show]=features#ridercontent

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2008, 14:57:56 »

Thinking of getting rid of mine if your intrested.

ALPINE MEDIA SYSTEM IVA-C800R + NVE-N077PS SAT NAV.

Its single DIN with 7" fold up screen. It was heading for my Cossie but decided against that, thought about my MV6 but managed to source a NCDC 2013 with the CID screen, so the Alpine's all packed up with its bits, ready to go some where?

Chris

« Last Edit: 20 January 2008, 14:59:07 by zirk »

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2008, 18:49:48 »

Its single DIN with 7" fold up screen. It was heading for my Cossie but decided against that, thought about my MV6 but managed to source a NCDC 2013 with the CID screen, so the Alpine's all packed up with its bits, ready to go some where?

Chris

how much were you looking for?

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2008, 15:13:16 »

Chris

how much were you looking for?

Hi Sir Jay,

It stands me just short of £500, bought it of a guy about 5 months ago, it was proffesionaly de-installed from hes car with all its bits and wiring, manuals Sat DVD disk ect.. he also had the Head Unit serviced by Alpine to include a new Laser and Screen Clutch.

Dont know too much about the thing as I was going to do the homework prior to installing it, but I'm told they were over £3k when new.

If you or anyone else is intrested PM me and I'll take Pics of the units and post them.

Oh, and basiclly looking at getting most of my money back, if that makes sense.

Chris.

dejongj

• Whipsnade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2008, 02:07:20 »

I was thinking of upgrading the system in my car as well. Coming out of my BMW 740 which has the 14 speaker DSP package with 2 subwoofer it does sound a bit tinny and muddled...

I was thinking about an;
Alpine IVA-W202R as double din head unit, then add the bluetooth unit for mobile phone (iPhone compatible!!!) and the fast link wire for the iPod (or iPhone in my case) for the music side.

And I was thinking of selling my TomTom GO910 and get an Alpine Blackbird instead which can be docked (amazing!) in the head-unit which then gives full integrated SatNav....

And to top it off Alpine also do some steering wheel and display adaptors for the ultimate integration....

Oh and I might add a subwoofer or two...Small ones as I prefer the HiFi depths (short and punchy) compared to the boy-racer slow and wooly big bass boxes....

Anyone already got this installed?

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2008, 07:26:07 »

I was thinking of upgrading the system in my car as well. Coming out of my BMW 740 which has the 14 speaker DSP package with 2 subwoofer it does sound a bit tinny and muddled...

I was thinking about an;
Alpine IVA-W202R as double din head unit, then add the bluetooth unit for mobile phone (iPhone compatible!!!) and the fast link wire for the iPod (or iPhone in my case) for the music side.

And I was thinking of selling my TomTom GO910 and get an Alpine Blackbird instead which can be docked (amazing!) in the head-unit which then gives full integrated SatNav....

And to top it off Alpine also do some steering wheel and display adaptors for the ultimate integration....

Oh and I might add a subwoofer or two...Small ones as I prefer the HiFi depths (short and punchy) compared to the boy-racer slow and wooly big bass boxes....

Anyone already got this installed?

I have the box installed, but want to change it to one of the smaller bass box units that are now on the market e.g., Alpine/Kenwood and pioneer are doing some at the moment, my exiting Alpine unit is hooked up to the steering wheel, but after all the gubbins go in, there ain't a lot of room at the back :y

you can just see the top of the alpine V12 amp, and the bottom of the pic is the top of the B box, TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

« Last Edit: 23 January 2008, 07:29:04 by mickdundee »

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 January 2008, 11:52:37 »

With regards to the sub.
I would recommend either a sealed 10" or even a pair of 8" subs. This will give you a must faster and tighter bass response, but being a sealed unit, will need more power to achieve the same eefect as a ported unit (sealed takes up a whole lot less space though).

Other option is a compact "active" (built in amp) sub. The best of these being the Infinity Basslink (damn good, used to have one) or the Vibe CBR units.
The Infinity is the more compact of the units and can be flat or vertically mounted.

The Administrator.

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 January 2008, 18:03:35 »

With regards to the sub.
I would recommend either a sealed 10" or even a pair of 8" subs. This will give you a must faster and tighter bass response, but being a sealed unit, will need more power to achieve the same eefect as a ported unit (sealed takes up a whole lot less space though).

Other option is a compact "active" (built in amp) sub. The best of these being the Infinity Basslink (damn good, used to have one) or the Vibe CBR units.
The Infinity is the more compact of the units and can be flat or vertically mounted.

Cheers LB will have a look at them too :y

dejongj

• Whipsnade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 January 2008, 22:23:11 »

With regards to the sub.

Those Infinity's look very interesting indeed on paper! I was thinking of the the smaller Alpine's (as the rest is Alpine on my shopping list and they are small), but the specs of those (frequency response) is very interesting indeed. I think one of those will do the trick actually!  :y

Might have to take the existing head unit out to see what space is there before i get it all. Or do you think it will go in?

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 January 2008, 23:01:36 »

If you are putting another double DIN headunit in then I can confirm space will be rather tight... ;)

As for the Basslink, it is excellent and was far better than I expected.
The reivews are pretty much universally positive too.
The Administrator.

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 January 2008, 09:14:30 »

If you are putting another double DIN headunit in then I can confirm space will be rather tight... ;)

As for the Basslink, it is excellent and was far better than I expected.
The reivews are pretty much universally positive too.

yes i will be going double din again, and it looks like the Kenwood will be the one i go for.

Got in the car today and the cd player has decided to show up CDC SAFE, i have put in the code i have for when the power goes down and this has not sorted out the issue.

This looks like the one i will be going with: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kenwood-DNX-7200-KCA-BT100-GTM-10-KCAIP300_W0QQitemZ130193149744QQihZ003QQcategoryZ156954QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yes it is a lot of money, but i has everything i want and will allow me to get rid of the parrot kit and the ipod kit, this in turn will tidy up the dash  :y

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 January 2008, 09:39:00 »

Sure seems to do about everything Jay :y
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.