Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: which sat nav do you have?  (Read 4212 times)

JonArgraig

• Omega Knight
  • Isle of Angelsey
  • The Camera Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: which sat nav do you have?
« Reply #15 on: 17 February 2008, 22:16:12 »

Tomtom 6 on my XDA in the Mazda hire car, PC based Sat nav on a touch screen in my dash in the Mondeo and for the Omega (When the RAC give it back) I have the Traffic Master GPS (Voice only) with the tracking system

iggy21uk

• Omega Knight
  • Berkhamsted - Herts
  • Omega Spotter -  tats gone tanning
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 February 2008, 12:50:52 »

Bought a Navigo Sat Nav for £60.00 came with Turbo Dog software running  in Windoze CE took that off loaded IGO 08 on SD card
much better.
[size=10]Opelscanner Can owner / Cam lock kit owner [/size] [/i][/b]

dejongj

• Whipsnade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 February 2008, 19:06:04 »

Nissan Xavi Birdview in my Murano
Tomtom 910 as portable in hire cars and the Vauxhall

But upgrading ICE as soon as I can make up my mind, and it will be either the Kenwood DNX8200 (based upon Garmin) or the Alpine IVA-W505 with Blackbird II portable/dockable satnav...Probably gonna be the later one as I do like a portable system for hire cars...

tomoco

• Omega Knight
  • leicester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 February 2008, 20:34:23 »

Got a TomTom go Euro 3rd edition about 3 weeks ago. Been messing about with it on places i know how to get to 1st. gonna test it properly on saturday (the cambelt party) just outdide Telford. So far its behaved very well.
The free years web updates are good, speed camara's, updated maps etc...

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 February 2008, 22:12:51 »

i found with the tom tom while in the city of london it couldnt give me the right directions, buildings to tall, one min it was turn left then a sec later it told me to go right, i was dripping with sweat and went round in circles for half an hr, i found it the best to use over all though over about 4 ive used including garmin and navman and sony

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #20 on: 23 February 2008, 09:03:36 »

i found with the tom tom while in the city of london it couldnt give me the right directions, buildings to tall, one min it was turn left then a sec later it told me to go right, i was dripping with sweat and went round in circles for half an hr

Classic problem of using a hand held sat nav in a city or built up areas with tall buildings and tunnels.

Not a problem you will encounter with a dedicated In Car System  :y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
  • Woke up this morning a post whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 February 2008, 09:37:02 »

i found with the tom tom while in the city of london it couldnt give me the right directions, buildings to tall, one min it was turn left then a sec later it told me to go right, i was dripping with sweat and went round in circles for half an hr

Classic problem of using a hand held sat nav in a city or built up areas with tall buildings and tunnels.

Not a problem you will encounter with a dedicated In Car System  :y

Agreed !  ;D

Even the 'old and slow and useless' Carin system as fitted to pre-facelift Omegas can navigate quite successfully without a GPS signal.
 ;D
Hotel21 wrote 'Its doubtfull in the extreme if it is the head gasket at fault.  If it were burning 5 litres per week the car would leave a smokescreen behind it!'

Mikejr

• London
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 February 2008, 20:17:02 »

Just bought my W reg Elite and it came fitted out with the SmartNav system incl. touch-screen link http://www.smartnav.com/satellite-navigation/gps-touch-screen.asp Only used it a couple of times so far but am well impressed. Prefer it to my Dell Axim 51v with CoPilot 7. Maybe just because the screen is closer to my ancient eyes and I can read it better  :)

Will see over the next few weeks how well it performs regarding re-routing etc due to traffic congestion on our fortnightly trips to Norfolk. Once we get past Easter all roads to Norfolk from London get really busy i.e. M11, A14, A11, A47 or M11, A11, A14, A143 or M25, A12 so will be interesting to see whether it advises any other routes.
2000 Silver Omega Elite 2.5

zYx

• Kent
  • Member of Mayday
    • Black 3.2
    • View Profile
    • Grischke Solutions
« Reply #23 on: 26 February 2008, 15:34:18 »

I used to have Dell Axim X51v with TomTom, then I sold it and bought TT 520 + Western and Central Europe map and I must say that it is the best satnav I've had as at the moment I'm testing Route66 and Garmin on my N95-2 and it is just crap compairing to TomTom.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.