Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP NEEDED TURN OFF ALARM  (Read 2212 times)

denisaok

• East London
    • View Profile
HELP NEEDED TURN OFF ALARM
« on: 03 March 2008, 18:54:05 »

hi all
new to this forum i have a 2001 omega elit and i fitted an an omega k9 aftermarket alarm i will also be adding remote start .i have found away to get round the immob but  the problem that i am having is that the factory fitted alarm keeps arming with out me turing it on.

Dose anyone know how to turn off the factory fitted alarm
To ask a question and feel idiotic for a moment is better than not to ask and be idiotic for a life time.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: HELP NEEDED TURN OFF ALARM
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2008, 21:02:24 »

Easy - Unplug it !!

Especially as you have got around the immobiliser  :y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

denisaok

• East London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2008, 21:25:51 »

thanks Dave

i dont know how to unplug it ?
i have unpluged the sounders .my 1998 omega  turn off the factory alarm as soon as started the car but this one dose not and i have to use the factory fob .it only sets when the k9 alarm locks the door
To ask a question and feel idiotic for a moment is better than not to ask and be idiotic for a life time.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2008, 22:28:16 »

By the sound of it, you have two alarm systems fitted and they are interacting with each other.

Choose which one you want to use, install it correctly and remove the other one.
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2008, 15:40:59 »

The factory alarm is integrated into the central locking controller and it arms whenever the doors are locked using either the fob or the driver's side cylinder lock (presumably the aftermarket alarm is using this signal to operate the central locking so is also setting the factory alarm).

You can remove the sounders from the car (the power sounder and a conventional alarm horn) and a relay that flashes the indicator lights but the alarm will still be there and potentially taking power if it's going off all the time.

Same module also controls courtesy light, delay timer for boot lights and aux. socket, etc. along with all central locking functionality and control of the electric windows too, IIRC.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
  • Woke up this morning a post whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 March 2008, 16:41:40 »

Don't think it does the windows but :

TIS says that only the drivers door has a switch connected to the central locking, none of the other doors are anything but actuators.

Find connector X61 (drivers footwell methinx) locate wires:

Brown/red and brown and white in positions 1 & 2 of the connector, these two feed the state of the switch back to the ecu. If you've got the balls, I think cutting one or both of these will shut your alarm up.

If you do this you will need to make your new alarm activate the locking on connector x61 position 10 black and Blue, this should in theory fire the locking.

This is only my opinion perhaps the other guys with TIS could comment.

« Last Edit: 04 March 2008, 16:49:45 by jules »
Hotel21 wrote 'Its doubtfull in the extreme if it is the head gasket at fault.  If it were burning 5 litres per week the car would leave a smokescreen behind it!'

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 March 2008, 17:23:53 »

Don't think it does the windows but :

Possibly not, but the ECU does provide total closure of the windows.

TIS says that only the drivers door has a switch connected to the central locking, none of the other doors are anything but actuators.

Find connector X61 (drivers footwell methinx) locate wires:

Brown/red and brown and white in positions 1 & 2 of the connector, these two feed the state of the switch back to the ecu. If you've got the balls, I think cutting one or both of these will shut your alarm up.

If you do this you will need to make your new alarm activate the locking on connector x61 position 10 black and Blue, this should in theory fire the locking.

You might also be able to use the set of contacts at X62, as I think these are closed when the door is locked / unlocked from inside, and won't set the alarm.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 March 2008, 17:28:46 »

You're right, connector x61-24 is a feed to the sunroof and the window lifters.
Hotel21 wrote 'Its doubtfull in the extreme if it is the head gasket at fault.  If it were burning 5 litres per week the car would leave a smokescreen behind it!'

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 March 2008, 19:31:10 »

And the alarm has volt drop sensing to so it wont work anyway!

denisaok

• East London
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 March 2008, 23:45:19 »

Hi Guys
Thanks for you replys made me think more i have not got tis but i have been working off haynes manual to see if i could work it out .i will cut brown+white & brown+red 2mor day off so will do it then . i did find that if i unpluged 1st loom that the alarm can not be armed and imob still works got a passs 4 on the alarm + i got the toad imob so dont think its going any where. so if above dose not work hopefully i will just have to get central locking motors going mates got vx breakers so should be able to get any parts needed.i dont think the current sening will be a prob as that should only work if alarm is triggered hopefully . i also have to connect the black+green wire unlock i think .

Thanks a lot again for your help will keep you posted :y

denisaok

• East London
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 March 2008, 21:39:45 »

Hi all

cut the wires an it didnt work but then got tester out to see what each wire was doing an when .Found that the black + red wire pin 2 locked the doors without setting the alarm so taped into that with lock trigger from k9 alarm and let the open trigger on the white an it works fine .Just got to workout a way to get total closer working

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 March 2008, 07:47:34 »

You're right, connector x61-24 is a feed to the sunroof and the window lifters.

Connect alarms closure pulse here ?

denisaok

• East London
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 March 2008, 07:54:39 »

Thanks

denisaok

• East London
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 March 2008, 23:59:29 »

[smiley=dankk2.gif] again all for your help I now have the k9 alarm system up an running remote start and pager working fine  and factory fitted alarm no interfering with it. I have also now started to fitted the multimedia setup in it just go the to rear screens left to do kids crying that they can’t play their psp2 so will be busy weekend got to get it done before i pick them up next weekend [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.