Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How good is the Bose set up  (Read 5662 times)

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
Re: How good is the Bose set up
« Reply #15 on: 03 March 2008, 17:03:41 »

got my GID For my ccrt700 which wires goto the ccrt700? i am wondering will it now work with what i got

CCRT700 with code
BOSE Amp & Speakers & Loom
CCRT Display

i aint interested in the telephone side of it i just want the bose setup i think the phone side of it isnt of any use to me as i have a nokia car kit anyway!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 March 2008, 18:27:07 »

got my GID For my ccrt700 which wires goto the ccrt700? i am wondering will it now work with what i got

CCRT700 with code
BOSE Amp & Speakers & Loom
CCRT Display

i aint interested in the telephone side of it i just want the bose setup i think the phone side of it isnt of any use to me as i have a nokia car kit anyway!

You got the CDC2 for CCRT700 (different to CDC2 for CCR600)?  Did Bose loom come from ccrt700 car?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 March 2008, 18:27:56 »

In fact, to be honest, if you don't want phone, use a CCR800 instead! Much easier!
Grumpy old man

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 March 2008, 07:19:43 »

i would prefer a ccr800 but cant find one atall!!!!!!!!
yes i also have cdc 2 for ccrt700

i wish someone would tell me which pins / color wires do the ccrt display though!
« Last Edit: 04 March 2008, 07:59:55 by tmx »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 March 2008, 18:30:58 »

i would prefer a ccr800 but cant find one atall!!!!!!!!
yes i also have cdc 2 for ccrt700

i wish someone would tell me which pins / color wires do the ccrt display though!
Its a bit more involved than that. If you can wait a while, I'm doing a guide.

Plenty of CCR800s about, and a much easier retrofit.
Grumpy old man

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 March 2008, 23:36:05 »

How good is the BOSE set up from an elite saloon and what should be included in a full kit.

What sort of price do they usually go for.

Cheers
N

I think Bose sounds excellent :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

dejongj

• Whipsnade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 March 2008, 00:00:21 »

How good is the BOSE set up from an elite saloon and what should be included in a full kit.

Cheers
N

I can't stand the sound of Bose, something just not right about it. Think you you can much, much better with less hassle from different manufacturers....Both in-car and in your home...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 March 2008, 08:24:15 »

Cheers
N

I can't stand the sound of Bose, something just not right about it. Think you you can much, much better with less hassle from different manufacturers....Both in-car and in your home...
Yet to hear a Bose sound I'm happy with in the home.

Can't speak for other cars, but in both my Omegas, its clear, defined, not over bassed, and reasonable volume levels achievable.

There undoubtedly are better sounding systems out there - not heard one, as all Car Audio shops seem to think more bass is some kind of peniile extension to a spotty chav - but I prefer the 'factory fit' look.  Yet to see an aftermarket system that looks anything less than chav, esp with most having distracting animated displays. Yeah, that'll impress the girls. Not. Unless her name is Mercedes.
Grumpy old man

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 March 2008, 12:44:12 »

Cheers
N

Yet to hear a Bose sound I'm happy with in the home.

Can't speak for other cars, but in both my Omegas, its clear, defined, not over bassed, and reasonable volume levels achievable.

There undoubtedly are better sounding systems out there - not heard one, as all Car Audio shops seem to think more bass is some kind of peniile extension to a spotty chav - but I prefer the 'factory fit' look.  Yet to see an aftermarket system that looks anything less than chav, esp with most having distracting animated displays. Yeah, that'll impress the girls. Not. Unless her name is Mercedes.

i think your right there factory fit looks much better than a kenwood chav master and bass is stupid

dejongj

• Whipsnade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 March 2008, 23:26:47 »

There seem to be this myth that non-Bose incar aftermarket equipment = excess bass = chav

Common guys stay objective and balanced you know it yourself that it is pure nonsense...Since when is the church organ player comparable with a chav? About as deep bass as you can get if you know your stuff! But anyway it is not about bass, it is about sound quality.....And in my experience that does not go together with Bose....Sounds great until you hear what it really can sound like....Just like with anything in live, it is all about a reference and experience...
« Last Edit: 07 March 2008, 23:28:33 by dejongj »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 March 2008, 23:40:56 »

There seem to be this myth that non-Bose incar aftermarket equipment = excess bass = chav

Common guys stay objective and balanced you know it yourself that it is pure nonsense...Since when is the church organ player comparable with a chav? About as deep bass as you can get if you know your stuff! But anyway it is not about bass, it is about sound quality.....And in my experience that does not go together with Bose....Sounds great until you hear what it really can sound like....Just like with anything in live, it is all about a reference and experience...
Alas, you need to try to try persuading the manufacturers that.  As it stands, most 'digitally enhance' and 'bass boost' and other such gay marketing terms, all destroying the original sound.

As I said, there are better systems out there. Not many, but there are. Then, of course, you lose the factory fit look.
Grumpy old man

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #26 on: 08 March 2008, 00:20:51 »

Well I'm happy with the Bose+CCRT700 system in my Elite.

and as an audio engineer,  I get to hear what stuff ACTUALLY sounds like, for a living... not what "It CAN sound like"

as a factory fit system, there are very few to really do significantly better, especially given the acoustic vagaries of the car as a listening space...

I have at a mastering engineer friend who went out and bought a Miggy-Elite after he'd heard the bose system in my old one...   because

"I could actually bear to listen to it and not spend my time mentally critiquing it's faults, but actually enjoy the music. !"

it's capable of a large enough clean dynamic range to listen to the Foo-fighters latest album without missing anything... and without wincing on the louder transients....  likewise the Berlin Phil performing Mahler....

so that makes it fine in my book.

« Last Edit: 08 March 2008, 00:21:35 by MaxV6 »
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #27 on: 16 March 2008, 20:32:08 »

I have a full bose CCR800 set up available now...if you want the shelf (which has the blind too as well as the bose speakers) then £135 collected, extra £15 for postage :) It has the code and is fully functional...6 cd blaupunkt stereo, head unit all wiring and the 6 speakers and shelves...all in very good condition too...
« Last Edit: 16 March 2008, 20:34:07 by ShieldOfSteel »
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

jemis

• Teesside
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 March 2008, 21:25:31 »

I have a full bose CCR800 set up available now...if you want the shelf (which has the blind too as well as the bose speakers) then £135 collected, extra £15 for postage :) It has the code and is fully functional...6 cd blaupunkt stereo, head unit all wiring and the 6 speakers and shelves...all in very good condition too...

Is the shelf the dark grey one and will I need anything else to fit it or is it a case of plug and play.

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #29 on: 17 March 2008, 21:36:13 »

Its a very nice cream colour mate, looks very stylish...and yes if you have CCR600 then the CCR800 is plug and play :)
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.