Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The right to complain....  (Read 6707 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: The right to complain....
« Reply #15 on: 16 July 2015, 21:43:48 »

Too many people have too much time on their hands to make trouble! Nature does, what nature does.

Round here we now have several birds of prey and I often see one feasting on normally a ring dove. Unfortunately, pigeons seem to be just that bit big for it to cope with now it has eaten all of the local population of ring doves, so there are still plenty of those around.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 July 2015, 22:03:11 »

Or who gives a break. Just stop feeding the dam birds and the problem goes away.
 no food-=no birds simples.

Have you actually read what you've posted there. ;D ;D ;D ( that local water must glow in the dark ;D )

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 July 2015, 22:08:49 »

Without being able to visualise what is happening, I'm erring on the side of the complantive.  If she is enouraging birds (and he has said Pigeons) then she should be put in front of her family and shot.

Sky Rats are taking over.  We must arm ourselves against them (and Dog eating Gull's too!!!!)
I second the above motion.... Can I have a nice berretta over n under... Please,hofficer.

1 post says she's doesn't feed pigeons
2 why does the neighbours assume because she has a bird table she is feeding pigeons
3 even if she is feeding pigeons, why would any sane person presume the a house 3 gardens away is directing pigeons to then shit on their conservatree
4 why hasn't any person in the process wondered if it's even slightly possible that
A it might not be pigeons
B the culprit bird may have nothing to do with being fed in anyone's garden
C what Dna evidence (or otherwise ::) ) is there that the food in said poop came from said garden.
D could it possibly be, by some wild stretch of the imagination, that some random bird took a dump without giving a shit who's conservatree it lands on.
E why haven't the council got anything better to do? Like, oh I don't know, telling people they have no right to complain about something so pathetic about a bird taking a dump. ;D

I`m with you on this one Chris  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 July 2015, 00:09:59 »

Well if it was me I'd have Warbies on overtime baking enough bread to feed a flock of the flying rats and see if they couldn't whitewash the conservatree into oblivion.  ;D ;D
I wonder if they like Naga Chicken? ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 July 2015, 00:15:00 »

Well if it was me I'd have Warbies on overtime baking enough bread to feed a flock of the flying rats and see if they couldn't whitewash the conservatree into oblivion.  ;D ;D

Probably.  Birds, unike most Mammals (Humans Included) are not allergic to Capsaicin.  Birds will happily eat the Chilli from the Plant.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 July 2015, 00:18:01 »

There are moves afoot for pigeon lofts, bird tables, and sling shot batteries armed with nasty looking brown and white substances laden with berries and bird seed. ;)

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 July 2015, 00:21:16 »

But where is the sense at the council offices. (Ok contradiction in terms there ) where we have council money from tax payers paying somebody to .... Oh ffs... (Gixer gives up and leaves the room ;D )

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 July 2015, 00:21:53 »

I'm really split on this? Cannot agree with going to the authorities, but I'll be popping next door shortly to complain too. Little old lady keeps putting slices of bread out in the front garden every afternoon. Don't get me wrong, I love our little feathered friends, but 'every' darned afternoon there's about 20 or 30 gulls wheeling around above my cars, have you seen the size of their dumps..???  >:(
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 July 2015, 00:24:12 »

Hmmmm. Lincoln. ...Out of range for a sligshot? :D

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 July 2015, 00:25:09 »

I'm cutting down a neighbours tree in Autumn..... The neighbour doesnt know it yet.  I can handle the sap, I can handle the leaves, I can't handle the bird shit which lands on my car every 5 minutes the car is parked there.

Overhanging my property, so it's going!
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 July 2015, 00:32:56 »

Hmmmm. Lincoln. ...Out of range for a sligshot? :D

It is annoying though, true enough. :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 July 2015, 06:13:17 »

We have had a problem with flying shitting machines (pigeons) down at my end of our street earlier on this summer.
A mates moggy got 3 of them in his garden.
3 more met a 0.22 hard point pellet each early one morning while they where happily cooing and shitting all over the place.

A couple of days later, i'm talking to the local rug munchers down the road and the conversation drifts to what pets we have.
Me, I have a big daft (or evil if your not friendly) German Sheppard.
It turns out my rug munching friends down the road keep pigeons and quite a few have gone missing recently  ::) :-X

Gonads makes his polite excuses and leaves .................  :D :D 

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 July 2015, 09:00:43 »

Lucky he don't live around here....Red Kite plague...
Those who come to Wycombe meet will have seen the vast amount of Red Kites circling around the sky.
You want to see the size of the bombs they drop on your car here......probably break his conservatory roof ;D ;D

A few of our neighbours put out food for them......me and grandson counted seventeen circling and dropping into her garden next door....and they ain't arf big !!!!!!! ???
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 July 2015, 09:39:45 »

There are moves afoot for pigeon lofts, bird tables, and sling shot batteries armed with nasty looking brown and white substances laden with berries and bird seed. ;)

Hmm. How much airspace is there above you? Could maybe arrange a really big "pigeon".

My glider takes 70 litres of water ballast in each wing.. Mix in a bit of lime... ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 July 2015, 10:08:02 »

What gets me is the lack of moral courage of some to actually go and talk to the person concerned and explain the issue.  Then by some miracle a two-way dialogue occurs and problems get resolved or points of view clariffied without this p!ss-arsing around with the council. 

Some people need to grow a set of balls.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.