Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloody disgrace  (Read 6520 times)

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • 2.2 CD Auto, Pug 308Hdi
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody disgrace
« Reply #15 on: 08 October 2015, 07:35:36 »

One man has been charged with his murder and several other offences, a second man has been charged with the lesser offences.

Really glad to see that the memorial fund set up by the police federation has raised over £79000 :y well on its way to its target of £100K and hopefully far beyond. No amount of money can bring him back but it is one less thing to worry about especially with two young daughters to bring up

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/man-charged-with-murder-of-pc-dave-phillips/ar-AAfdizw?ocid=spartandhp
An ounce of experience is worth more than a pound of enthusiasm.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 October 2015, 09:58:35 »

Wait now for the lawyers to get that charge reduced to causing death by dangerous driving for a guilty plea.  >:(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 October 2015, 10:28:27 »

I see that the accused turned up at court smiling for the camera's,plenty of remorse there then >:( >:( >:(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

KSR

• South west
    • Omega 2.5 TD & Corsa C
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 October 2015, 10:44:57 »

Bat to body.  repeat until gaining desired effect.  >:(

2boxerdogs

« Reply #19 on: 09 October 2015, 13:31:50 »

I see that the accused turned up at court smiling for the camera's,plenty of remorse there then >:( >:( >:(
.    This is just typical ,no doubt some other idiot will start a support page on social media.I am really beginning to despair of the society we live in

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 October 2015, 13:36:35 »

.    This is just typical ,no doubt some other idiot will start a support page on social media.I am really beginning to despair of the society we live in

Scum breeds scum. No morals, no ambition, and anyone that says no to them is an arsehole. They are entitled...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

05omegav6

« Reply #21 on: 09 October 2015, 13:42:56 »

If he's that much of cant then he should be released indefinitely into Police custody as a mop or football.

05omegav6

« Reply #22 on: 09 October 2015, 13:44:28 »

Scum breeds scum. No morals, no ambition, and anyone that says no to them is an arsehole. They are entitled...
Entitled to what exactly? Apart from a slow and painful demise :-\

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 October 2015, 00:10:28 »

Personally, I fully support the correct professional procedures being followed to the letter as this is what separates us from 3rd rate, 3rd world dictatorships. They are innocent until proven guilty.

But once found guilty our prisons are far too soft and we should bring back 8 hours hard labour, 5 days a week, for many types of prisoners. I've heard making them build a sandbag wall by taking sandbags from one end and placing them at the double at the other is very rewarding for the prisoners and the guards 'encouraging' them. It makes the prisoners feel their life is not being wasted in jail, by seeing with all their daily hard effort the sandbag wall going round and round the exercise yard, by the day, month, year and decade. :y :y :y

A minimum amount of a minimum 'quality' must be build per day and week to receive any basic 'privileges'.

Reading about this WWII British 'Glasshouse' system even the most hostile, arrogant and badly behaved prisoners, 'realised' the 'benefits' of conforming especially as when they 'misbehaved', one of guards would 'accidentally' lean on the wall with his boot, so it had to be 'rebuilt' to count towards the daily and weekly quotas and you continued the day's work until that quota was fulfilled :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 October 2015, 08:35:01 »

With you entirely Rods. Beatings and torture aren't the way to treat anyone, if and when they get released they will only be angrier and set to do more damage.

Gentle training as you suggest, much more civilised and if anything more of a punishment as it requires effort on the part of the prisoner...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 11 October 2015, 09:12:22 »

We used to have a failsafe method to stop re-offending for murderers.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 October 2015, 11:27:10 »

And then we became civilised.  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 11 October 2015, 12:15:39 »

I'd like to see how civilised you felt towards someone who killed your mother/wife/kid.

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • 2.2 CD Auto, Pug 308Hdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11 October 2015, 12:47:52 »

The death penalty may not be the ideal solution, although no one ever came back to murder again

More than can be said for killers given a life sentence only to be released and kill again
An ounce of experience is worth more than a pound of enthusiasm.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11 October 2015, 13:37:06 »

I'd like to see how civilised you felt towards someone who killed your mother/wife/kid.

Not very it's true, but that said I still wouldn't support the death penalty.

Life sentences should mean exactly that though.  No parole, no early release, no rights, just banged up in a bare cell for the rest of your days so you can sit there and comtemplate what you did wrong.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.