Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Now here's a nice chap.....  (Read 5661 times)

STEMO

Now here's a nice chap.....
« on: 05 October 2015, 21:58:01 »

......from the taxpayers alliance. In a speech today he says that some pensioner benefits must be cut right now. Fair enough, but won't that harm future election chances? No. Why? Read on.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34439965

;D

STEMO

Re: Now here's a nice chap.....
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2015, 22:06:00 »

I'm sure you fine fellows will chip in to keep me warm this winter  :(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2015, 22:18:26 »

He's got a point though however un PC it is.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2015, 22:22:27 »

He's got a point though however un PC it is.  :)
Who has?

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2015, 22:39:19 »

When the winter fuel allowance was introduced you received it at the age of 60.....I always thought that was stupid as I was still working and never believed that I or anyone else of that age who was working was entitled to it or deserved to get it as a right when there were/are/ much older people who are retired on a state pension that could do with the money to help them....now being retired 6 years I would not worry or miss it if they decide to stop it....why dont they raise the age of receiving it to around 80 years old as thats when we realy need to keep warm........Why is it that if you move abroad say to spain that you still get the winter fuel allowance,,the goverment say its because it is too difficult to stop it to those who live abroad...And yet if you receive the D.L.A. and then move abroad the goverment stop it without a problem  :-\..Have these morons that run our country ever tried to live on the state pension on its own,,,paying rent...utility bills and food bills..i bet they havent,,,because when i worked the 51 years that i did we were never offered a private pension to pay into,,and that depended on what job you worked at and if you could afford it...The pension payment system like a lot more payment systems (unemployment ) is way out of date and needs to be given a complete revamp,,because i dont care what anybody says about it,,,,,,there are thousands of vunerable pensioners out there (not all )that need that extra money and they not only deserve it but it is there right to receive it for the years they worked to help this country....And to say that the state pension  is,,,,a,benefit,,,is a down right disgrace...it is a hard earned income that we all deserve and have a right to receive....

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2015, 11:46:16 »

When the winter fuel allowance was introduced you received it at the age of 60.....I always thought that was stupid as I was still working and never believed that I or anyone else of that age who was working was entitled to it or deserved to get it as a right when there were/are/ much older people who are retired on a state pension that could do with the money to help them....now being retired 6 years I would not worry or miss it if they decide to stop it....why dont they raise the age of receiving it to around 80 years old as thats when we realy need to keep warm........Why is it that if you move abroad say to spain that you still get the winter fuel allowance,,the goverment say its because it is too difficult to stop it to those who live abroad...And yet if you receive the D.L.A. and then move abroad the goverment stop it without a problem  :-\..Have these morons that run our country ever tried to live on the state pension on its own,,,paying rent...utility bills and food bills..i bet they havent,,,because when i worked the 51 years that i did we were never offered a private pension to pay into,,and that depended on what job you worked at and if you could afford it...The pension payment system like a lot more payment systems (unemployment ) is way out of date and needs to be given a complete revamp,,because i dont care what anybody says about it,,,,,,there are thousands of vunerable pensioners out there (not all )that need that extra money and they not only deserve it but it is there right to receive it for the years they worked to help this country....And to say that the state pension  is,,,,a,benefit,,,is a down right disgrace...it is a hard earned income that we all deserve and have a right to receive....

As an expat who lives in Spain I can't let that go without comment. I agree with the rest of what you say about vulnerable pensioners.

Firstly Spain is every bit as cold in winter as Britain. In 2005 we experienced long periods where the temp was below 7degrees C minus at night. The coldest I saw on my Omega that winter was minus 10C at 11.a.m. but that night it was minus 14C.

Secondly very few houses here have decent insulation or heating systems for that matter. Central heating is very rare. Most people in our village still heat their homes with open fires. They are hardy folk who also cope with 40 plus summer temps somehow. We have a couple of decent log burners which work quite well and we are hardy too.

Thirdly as members of the UK population that have paid taxes(a lot) during our lives , why shouldn't we get the same benefits as say pensioners who choose to live in the UK? What difference does it make where you choose to see out your days? Sometimes I think the politics of envy are at play.

Fourthly , it is a poor state of affairs that a country has to give its pensioners handouts to keep alive after a lifetime of work. We have four sets of UK relatives who struggle every winter to keep warm enough. It is a fact that the UK state pension is the worst in Europe despite Britain being one of , if not the richest country in the EU. 

Finally and most importantly , you are behind the times. The government already did some very clever average calculations for foreign countries where expats might live and by including hotter dependencies, a lot do not qualify for the winter fuel allowance. So should I manage to ever become a state pensioner I will never get that benefit.

It is heading towards winter, if you want you could come out and experience our lovely warm winters. I will show you where the logs are. Then you can report back to HMG that maybe they have got it wrong ;D

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

ted_one

« Reply #6 on: 06 October 2015, 12:13:12 »

Politicians =Just a bunch of bent wonkers!! all two faced liars who make sure that their own bank balances stay well padded out by pleading poverty and making the rest of us suffer to cover their inept running of this country,just scum as far as I'm concerned.....do what they do,look after number one first and do it by any means available...sort of like the way pikeys do ::)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 October 2015, 13:48:36 »

Politicians =Just a bunch of bent wonkers!! all two faced liars who make sure that their own bank balances stay well padded out by pleading poverty and making the rest of us suffer to cover their inept running of this country,just scum as far as I'm concerned.....do what they do,look after number one first and do it by any means available...sort of like the way pikeys do ::)

Big +1 :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 October 2015, 13:51:35 »

What I don't understand, is why they expect pensioners to live on £100 or so per week, yet they say 'a living wage' is about three to four times that amount ???

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 06 October 2015, 14:12:10 »

What I don't understand, is why they expect pensioners to live on £100 or so per week, yet they say 'a living wage' is about three to four times that amount ???
Old age pension is about £153 a week from next year, and rises by either CPI or 2%, whichever is higher, each year thereafter. Any one who is on less, and is in need, can get pension credit.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 October 2015, 14:18:37 »

Is that the initial pension, then we get (or I do) secondary pension and graduated on top of that ???

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 06 October 2015, 14:25:17 »

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 October 2015, 14:51:38 »

Thanks, mate. Looks like no change there, then. :(

ted_one

« Reply #13 on: 06 October 2015, 15:28:24 »

The thing that bothers me a bit about younger people in general,is that they think none of this will affect them because like it or not it WILL! because as sure as eggs is eggs, you're gonna get old  and then it will be to late to do any thing about it....think they call it rose coloured glasses : 8):)I like Terbs and quite a few others on here have attained the right to collect around £600 pounds a month by working all my life and paying into the system, which equates to 52 years of grafting to date and taking other peoples crap...i.e that's successive goverments and tight assed bosses!also it seems that a lot of people begrudge us that right.I am still doing some casual work and of course I'm still paying in to the system,so in a way I'm financing my state pension ::) Oh! and by the way it's my 67th nail in my coffin today and none of you tight bastids have given me my presents yet :)

ted_one

« Reply #14 on: 06 October 2015, 15:51:13 »

Just another point.....my wife is one of the people who won't get her state pension until she's 66,and she's still in her fifties and so will be paying into the system until then.Again worked all her life and had no children, so no maternity leave taken ,also takes care of her 89year old mum who lives with us so no demands or care costs involved there. We have always made our way through our working lives and never claimed a penny from the state, and I am aware that we are not unique in that sense but it does get right up my nose when some slime ball politician thinks he's come up with another way of moving the goal posts >:( :) HE.. won't be cold this winter because ...we will be indirectly paying to keep his lazy lard arse warm the ttwwaatt!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.