Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Now here's a nice chap.....  (Read 5658 times)

STEMO

Re: Now here's a nice chap.....
« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2015, 15:51:52 »

Happy birthday you moany old git  ;D

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2015, 15:56:47 »

No bugger wished me happy birthday either, Ken, back in August..... >:(
We are has beens, chuck outs, on the scrap heap... does not matter all our hard work gave most of these people of today a secure job.
They will all get their come-uppence at a later date ;D ;D ;D
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 October 2015, 16:03:15 »

nitro. I have your exquisite cake here but cannot get to the Post Office to send it. Think of it as a virtual cake. Happy Birthday too.

Have you made sure you are claiming any due allowances for the care of the MIL? The one that springs to mind is attendance allowance.
https://www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance/how-to-claim
I think it is only right and proper that you claim whatever you can as it is an onerous task and one that saves the state a fortune.If you aren't it is time to claim a penny from the state but don't emigrate with her as that is another benefit you then can't claim.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

ted_one

« Reply #18 on: 06 October 2015, 16:27:07 »

Many thanks for the cake,it will be the first cake that I won't put on any weight when I eat it. :y As to your advice on the attendance allowance,it's much appreciated, but because of our joint income there wouldn't be much point in getting involved in the process which undoubtedly will seek to frustrate us,and as my wife is a nurse practioner we are pretty much in control of the day to day routine, as the MIL lives in an annexe and just needs a bit of help here and there at the moment. :y

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 06 October 2015, 16:36:42 »

Happy birthday you moany old git  ;D
Succinct as ever, but a solid sentiment...

Happy Birthday Ken :y

ted_one

« Reply #20 on: 06 October 2015, 16:40:51 »

Also many thanks to STEMO for his kind birthday wishes  :P....the longer I live more bitter I'm becoming :o And Terbs  I'll buy you a birthday drink at Friday nights get together to make amends :y

ted_one

« Reply #21 on: 06 October 2015, 16:44:15 »

Cheers Al. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06 October 2015, 16:49:46 »

Free television licence.....winter fuel payments......free prescriptions......free eye tests...etc...etc...are all over and above what people who have worked all their lives are entitled to. They are extra benefits.

I'm happy for the genuinely needy to have these extra perks. :y

However, such benefits are not linked to income and I'm very much against wealthy pensioners being given 'freebies' simply because they have reached a certain age. :-\

We have some piss poor pensioners in this country so let's help them.

We also have a large proportion of financially well off pensioners who can't believe their luck that the government are happy to add to their impressive wealth. :-\

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 06 October 2015, 16:56:23 »

Free television licence.....winter fuel payments......free prescriptions......free eye tests...etc...etc...are all over and above what people who have worked all their lives are entitled to. They are extra benefits.

However, such benefits are not linked to income and I'm very much against wealthy pensioners being given 'freebies' simply because they have reached a certain age. :-\

We also have a large proportion of financially well off pensioners who can't believe their luck that the government are happy to add to their impressive wealth. :-\
Glad to hear that you'll refuse such embellishments and donate it all to charity. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06 October 2015, 16:59:39 »

Glad to hear that you'll refuse such embellishments and donate it all to charity. :y

Indeed I would should I be a wealthy old fart.
Think of me as one of the deserving poor. :P

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 06 October 2015, 17:01:27 »

Incidentally, I'll be 63 next year and will be able to claim my winter fuel allowance. You have to claim it, it's not automatic.

ted_one

« Reply #26 on: 06 October 2015, 17:33:05 »

Can't really agree with those sentiments....noble as they may be, I look at it with a different slant, and  that's due the madness of the EU, if it's good and works for outsiders from other countries, then I'm having it as well....selfish? possibly, but take a trip to my health centre any day or any NHS healthcare facilities and see how many non British subjects are taking advantage of our system and that is only one instance.
In all honesty we are all aware that it extends throughout our social services etc and in many cases it's totally abused, so it's a big yes to the even playing field you are suggesting,but it's not going to happen as long as Mrs Hitler carries on pushing us around and wheeling more and more people in the direction of good old Blighty ::) It may be a cliché,but charity does begin at home and I was born here in 1948(a good year for all of us)  and paid into a system that was intended to take care of the indigenous population,but now???

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 06 October 2015, 17:40:14 »

There are always going to be anomalies. The vast majority of pensioners deserve everything they can get, and I'm pretty sure that there's aren't that many 'rich' pensioners although, of course, rich is subjective.
Let's take child benefit. We lost ours cause wifey earns more than 50K, but a couple, both earning 40K were allowed to keep theirs.

I am in agreement with Nitro, if you've earned it, claim it.

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 October 2015, 17:47:14 »

Varche...i will refrain from carrying your logs in for your fire while you sit there with feet up and laughing at me working up a sweat  lol.......What my argument is..if thats what we call it....is that anyone who moves abroad still gets the winter fuel allowance...but if you are a disabled person receiving d.l.a....i believe you loose it,,so how can they justify carrying  on paying one benefit..winter fuel allowance but not the d.l.a.,,,,it beats me    how they come up with these ides..Yes most of us have worked hard and deserve our pensions and because the pension isnt that great some deserve pension credit as well.....but how dare they call our pension a benefit....it is not as we all worked hard for that and it is our right to receive our pension. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 October 2015, 17:48:03 »

There are always going to be anomalies. The vast majority of pensioners deserve everything they can get, and I'm pretty sure that there's aren't that many 'rich' pensioners although, of course, rich is subjective.
Let's take child benefit. We lost ours cause wifey earns more than 50K, but a couple, both earning 40K were allowed to keep theirs.

I am in agreement with Nitro, if you've earned it, claim it.

Probably not in Wakefield or Barnsley but spread around the country the numbers are significant.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 19 queries.