Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who has a half decent VX Parts Department?  (Read 1975 times)

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Who has a half decent VX Parts Department?
« on: 21 March 2007, 12:22:01 »

My bad day seems to be getting worse....

I am looking for a small and - to vauxhall - insignificant - part to compelte my vetra v6 rebuild.

My local dealer ( evans Halshaw) cant find it on there computer ( no surprise there)

My other 3 local places are reg vardy owned and " the reg vardy group dont stock the part"

So i am onto plums.

Can anyone here help me out by maybe getting it and posting it onto me?

I can supply part number and (over)payment via paypal of cash in advance..... ;)

If theres anyone able to help - without going out there way too much - can they pm me ( btw the part is only a junction pipe!)

Thanks

markie
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
Re: Who has a half decent VX Parts Department?
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2007, 12:39:31 »

Markie,
I should be able to get into local stealer tomorrow morning if you don't get a better offer.
Drop me a PM with part number etc, and Ill give them a call later this afternoon.
Ross

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2007, 13:23:57 »

I have a very good dealership up the road from me.  I am sure that between Ross and me, we can get you sorted :)
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2007, 13:33:22 »

I have a very good dealership up the road from me.  I am sure that between Ross and me, we can get you sorted :)

Andrew - Thanks - appreciate your input on this one  :) seems like Ross has got a good un with regards to his dealer.....

How come i seem to have the worst batch of vx dealers nationwide - i spoke with 4 of them this morning and got attitude and blase approach to assisting me...Ross is even more "remote" than me and his dealer can oblige.....Reg Vardy were so up themselves that they boasted that "the group" dont stock or hold this part" well 'scuse me but i only phoned you Mr Reg Vardy because the vauxhall website have you as my 2nd, 3rd and 4th nearest "dealer"

Ross I owe you one  ;) Andrew - again - Thanks for your kind offer  ;)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2007, 13:37:56 »

Ross I owe you one  ;) Andrew - again - Thanks for your kind offer  ;)

No problem Markie. It's on it's way ...... to me at least.
Let's just say that OOF has struck again!  :y  :y

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 March 2007, 13:40:25 »

No worries mate - that's what we're here for!

It seems that you are somewhat saddled with poor dealers.  Maybe Vaux should take away the Reg Vardy franchise or at the very least make them improve their customer service.  Afterall,  it is the after sales service that makes a dealer good or bad and, by definition, the parent company.

Still, with that rant over, I hope you get it sorted.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 March 2007, 14:51:58 »

Reg Vardy = Pendragon = Crown Hill = Speeds = Williamson = CD Bramall = Altwood = Lex Services = Evans Halshaw

All the same group (Pendragon), all paying peanuts, all employing monkeys....so basicaly, you have visited the same outfit each time....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 March 2007, 15:19:45 »

Crown Hill
>:(  >:(  >:(
Grumpy old man

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 March 2007, 18:16:52 »

i have CD bramall and Evans Halshaw........ >:( >:( >:( >:(

total muppets who are as much use as a one legged man in an a$$ kicking contest

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2007, 18:24:06 »

Yes, will agree with the comments about Pendragon.

I (and other Credit Managers) know of Pendragon well enough..... ;)

Markie, if you have any problems, drop me a PM, I am sure I can get you another part...  :)
The Administrator.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 March 2007, 18:26:37 »

Yes, will agree with the comments about Pendragon.

I (and other Credit Managers) know of Pendragon well enough..... ;)

Markie, if you have any problems, drop me a PM, I am sure I can get you another part...  :)

Thanks Dave  :)

Ross has obliged me on this one - I didnt want to ask you yet again Dave to do vx own job   :-[

cheers

Markie

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 March 2007, 18:30:12 »

Markie, bit out of your way really but Vaux Monorep in Southall here I have found to be excellent!!!

I have been 'setup' on their computers... so when i went back without the card a few weeks later got TC prices  :)

Also they are the only garage i found that had stocked Senator oil filters!!  :o

All in all very good, even get a nice Vx bag and they help you to your car when your buying massive quantities of Anti-free and oil  :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 March 2007, 19:31:40 »

Markie, bit out of your way really but Vaux Monorep in Southall here I have found to be excellent!!!

I have been 'setup' on their computers... so when i went back without the card a few weeks later got TC prices  :)

Also they are the only garage i found that had stocked Senator oil filters!!  :o

All in all very good, even get a nice Vx bag and they help you to your car when your buying massive quantities of Anti-free and oil  :D
Bridge in Banbury are usually very accomodating. Don't stock much, but always willing.  Shame I hate Banbury so much....
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 March 2007, 21:08:44 »

Bridge in Banbury are usually very accomodating. Don't stock much, but always willing.  Shame I hate Banbury so much....

Join the club i went to college there..... bunch of Banbarians!  ;D (local nickname  ;))

Lawman

• Cleland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 March 2007, 22:12:26 »

Markie, I'll help, I'll just have to head to my local Evans Halshaw garage in Aird.....no...

Of course, how silly of me...I'll pop down to the Vauxhall garage in Motherwell, oh wait, that's Reg Vardy and it's the worst garage in the world! :o

;D

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 March 2007, 22:13:39 »

Parts dept at Dobies Carlisle always helpful.  I spend most of my days there in the back office looking at exploded diagrams to help narrow down part no's.  So if you're ever stuck just yell.   :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 March 2007, 22:24:43 »

Well I've gotta say that my local dealers' (W J King) parts dept. are spot on, I gave them some part numbers for when I was doing my cam cover gaskets, I got one part number wrong (the number I gave was for a bolt holding the thermostat to the block instead of the thermostat seal) - and I got a phone call to not only mention it was the wrong part but that did I want the right one instead  :)

They're also very helpful in terms of giving a hand carrying out batteries and the like ... all in all it's another reason why I'm now be on my third miggy ...

For more obscure parts, have a look on car parts connexion here - I found the rain sensor for mine at under half the price of one ordered on demand from Vx - although they might not have the bit you want, it's another place to check ...
« Last Edit: 21 March 2007, 22:25:56 by sounds2k »

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 March 2007, 23:33:28 »

I am going tomorrow (Thursday) to my Vx dealer, very very helpful lot. I will be working nearby for the day so if you still need help PM me the P/N by the end of the day tomorrow and I'll see if they can help....
Alas, no more Omegas....

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 March 2007, 11:24:35 »

And this is the very dealer I was talking about above - although not the same branch as Tunnie mentions.

Tunnie - how did you get "setup" on their computer for TC prices?  This I would be most interested in as I need to get some oil, filters and possibly an Omega exhaust!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 March 2007, 18:40:05 »

And this is the very dealer I was talking about above - although not the same branch as Tunnie mentions.

Tunnie - how did you get "setup" on their computer for TC prices?  This I would be most interested in as I need to get some oil, filters and possibly an Omega exhaust!
I think the cheeky git nicked my card to do it  >:(   ;)
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.