Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: clothes shopping  (Read 1492 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
clothes shopping
« on: 28 December 2010, 11:08:25 »

With a Mrs and two daughters oh what joy lol

Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
Re: clothes shopping
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2010, 11:10:13 »

dont envy you mate ;D ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2010, 11:26:04 »

Who ya kidin, you love it  ;D::)

I let the Mrs do mine, she never tries anything on in the shops so is always going to and fro with returns anyway.  :y

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2010, 11:26:24 »

Went through it yesterday and it should be banned for men to go clothes shopping >:(
Retired

Omega 37

• Intermediate Member
  • Northampton
    • CD 2.2, HP Firenza & TR6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2010, 11:27:26 »

I'm off now with the wife & 3 daughters. Will walk round for a half hour then wait for them in the pub  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2010, 11:27:41 »

Who ya kidin, you love it  ;D::)

I let the Mrs do mine, she never tries anything on in the shops so is always going to and fro with returns anyway.  :y

Just to add, she knows not to buy anything pink, or with the slightest bit of pink on it.  ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2010, 11:54:45 »

Went through it yesterday and it should be banned for men to go clothes shopping >:(

you mean for themselves or have to follow the women round while they try on clothes fom all over town & then go back to the first shop they went into?  :-/  ;)  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2010, 11:56:08 »

Clothes shopping is a pink job. As is most shopping, except tool shopping.  Mrs TB does all mine.
Grumpy old man

albitz

« Reply #8 on: 28 December 2010, 12:01:19 »

Tried it for an hour yesterday, didnt like it, went home. :)
Daz - going shopping with three females - I would rather sandpaper my eyes while chewing a ball of silver paper, with my feet in a vat of boiling oil. :o ::) ;D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 December 2010, 12:05:04 »

Why are we really asked, "What do you think of this?" when in reality they like it but want you to agree even when you don't Lmap "women,who'd have em!
 ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 December 2010, 12:07:47 »

Why are we really asked, "What do you think of this?" when in reality they like it but want you to agree even when you don't Lmap "women,who'd have em!
 ;D

A bloke in front of me was once asked the same question. His reply was ...... "I don't need to like it, you're the one going to be wearing it! "  ;D  ;D

albitz

« Reply #11 on: 28 December 2010, 12:13:01 »

Its a loaded question. If you answer "no, i dont like it" then you get get told your horrible, you never did have any taste, and whats wrong with it blah blah blah.
If you answer " yes thats nice" then you get - your just saying that to hurry me up, you dont care, you should care, your horrible, blah blah blah........ ::) ;D ;D ;D
Daz, just leave them your card, go home and put your feet up and suffer the pain of the bill for the days spending when you get your statement. ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 December 2010, 12:16:38 »

sandpaper my eyes while chewing a ball of silver paper, with my feet in a vat of boiling oil. :o ::) ;D
Is the an Irish mating dance, Mr Albs? ;D
Grumpy old man

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #13 on: 28 December 2010, 12:23:57 »

;D

A bloke in front of me was once asked the same question. His reply was ...... "I don't need to like it, you're the one going to be wearing it! "  ;D  ;D

But Andy that is why British men lack style and clothes sophistication, as you fail to obtain an interest in buying clothes for yourself.  An Italian or Frenchman takes a pride in the clothes he buys and wears, and it is reflected wherever he goes!   Dare I say that most British men dress like slobs, which is bad enough in Britain, but when they are abroad; well it is plain embarrassing! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: 28 December 2010, 12:24:38 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 December 2010, 12:27:23 »

;D

But Andy that is why British men lack style and clothes sophistication, as you fail to obtain an interest in buying clothes for yourself.  An Italian or Frenchman takes a pride in the clothes he buys and wears, and it is reflected wherever he goes!   Dare I say that most British men dress like slobs, which is bad enough in Britain, but when they are abroad; well it is plain embarrassing! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;)

The question was directed to the bloke by the woman. The bloke's choice of clothes wasn't up for debate   ;)

albitz

« Reply #15 on: 28 December 2010, 12:29:31 »

sandpaper my eyes while chewing a ball of silver paper, with my feet in a vat of boiling oil. :o ::) ;D
Is the an Irish mating dance, Mr Albs? ;D
No - Irish mating dances are much stranger than that. :y ::) ;D ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #16 on: 28 December 2010, 12:29:33 »

;D

The question was directed to the bloke by the woman. The bloke's choice of clothes wasn't up for debate   ;)

I understood that Andy, but the chaps attitude said it all and reflects many a British man's application to the essential art of clothes shopping! ::) ::) ::) ;)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 December 2010, 12:31:24 »

Come on Daz tell the truth you love it really, has to beat mullin around under a rangey in the freezin cold ;D

albitz

« Reply #18 on: 28 December 2010, 12:31:55 »

But British men can carry of a pair of shorts and a moth eaten T shirt with style, and still believe ourselves to epitomise sartorial elegance. :y ::) ;D

The downside of the Italian and frenchmen taking more time than women on their personal appearance is that it shows that they are much more self absorbed than us and very probably are all gay. ;) ;D
« Last Edit: 28 December 2010, 12:34:17 by albitz »

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 December 2010, 12:33:49 »

But British men can carry of a pair of shorts and a moth eaten T shirt with style, and still believe ourselves to epitomise sartorial elegance. :y ::) ;D

That almost sums Daz up to a T, even though you did'nt name him directly ;D

albitz

« Reply #20 on: 28 December 2010, 12:35:23 »

He does suffer from delusions of normality. :y ;D ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #21 on: 28 December 2010, 12:39:32 »

The downside of the Italian and frenchmen taking more time than women on their personal appearance is that it shows that they are much more self absorbed than us and very probably are all gay. ;) ;D

I am glad you said that Albs! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 December 2010, 12:39:56 »

He does suffer from delusions of normality. :y ;D ;D

Now come on Albs, what do you expect :-/, he does come from Stoke on Trent ;D

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 December 2010, 12:41:05 »

Oh Lizzie, looks like you know what Daz likes :-/

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #24 on: 28 December 2010, 12:43:13 »

Oh yes Mike, the three years on the OOF has taught me at least one thing.   Daz loves anything in PINK!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 December 2010, 12:45:52 »

Oh yes Mike, the three years on the OOF has taught me at least one thing.   Daz loves anything in PINK!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

He could well be shopping for one of those outfits as we speak ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 December 2010, 12:49:29 »

An Italian or Frenchman takes a pride in the clothes he buys and wears
Which is a sure sign of their sexuality....
Grumpy old man

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #27 on: 28 December 2010, 12:51:12 »

An Italian or Frenchman takes a pride in the clothes he buys and wears
Which is a sure sign of their sexuality....

You are only jealous TB! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 December 2010, 15:06:09 »

;D

:o We were at Santorini airport waiting to check in , Two lines ,one English ,one Italian, guess which was the better dressed ? it really was embarrasing to look at the english,all these Italians looking at us as if to say WTF? why do english men think that football shirts are the height of fashion? it is always so easy to spot the english on holiday :o

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #29 on: 28 December 2010, 16:00:22 »

;D

:o We were at Santorini airport waiting to check in , Two lines ,one English ,one Italian, guess which was the better dressed ? it really was embarrasing to look at the english,all these Italians looking at us as if to say WTF? why do english men think that football shirts are the height of fashion? it is always so easy to spot the english on holiday :o

................and that is exactly what I meant! ::) ::) :y :y :y

It could be classed as a national disgrace. :-X :-X :-X :-X

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 28 December 2010, 16:14:23 »

;D

................and that is exactly what I meant! ::) ::) :y :y :y

It could be classed as a national disgrace. :-X :-X :-X :-X

oi..i wear my vest,shorts and jesus sandals with pride and when im feeling really patriotic i display a beer stain aswell >:( ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 December 2010, 16:35:52 »

;D

I'm sure that I fit your description, at least Mrs S says so. But dare I say it, the standard of British ladies' dress style, generally speaking, also compares unfavourably with some of our continental neighbours. 8-) 8-) 8-)
« Last Edit: 28 December 2010, 16:38:13 by ci643215 »

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #32 on: 28 December 2010, 16:49:34 »

;D

I'm sure that I fit your description, at least Mrs S says so. But dare I say it, the standard of British ladies' dress style, generally speaking, also compares unfavourably with some of our continental neighbours. 8-) 8-) 8-)

You are very right there S, and an Italian or French woman can so easily show us up! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  They certainly do not suffer from the Ladettes or night club babes that we do, that you so often see at home, in Spain and other foriegn parts! ::) ::) ::) ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 December 2010, 17:50:50 »

I reckon my piss stained Y-Fronts are the height of sexiness :P
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 December 2010, 17:54:44 »

Strange, that is probably almost exactly what Mrs TB says when she washes them. ;D ;D ;D :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 December 2010, 18:35:51 »

Have you being watching Bottom again  ;D

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 December 2010, 18:39:16 »

Well, did you get a new frock then Dazzle?
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 December 2010, 18:52:26 »

I decided to leave them too it for an hour,, so went and did my own shopping in Gap, then Next. . Then last but not least Game, where Modern Warfare & Enslaved where picked. After treating myself without swapping and changing my mind I gathered the other Loo-knee's. Came home had something to eat & a Stella or few to wash away the days experience.  >:( ;D

« Last Edit: 28 December 2010, 18:53:34 by Loo-knee »

Martin_1962

« Reply #38 on: 28 December 2010, 19:10:22 »

Clothes shopping - what is wrong with Asda - they have good T Shirts, wearable fleecy trousers and when I am a bit smaller and more mobile decent cheap jeans.

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28 December 2010, 19:16:31 »

Clothes shopping - what is wrong with Asda - they have good T Shirts, wearable fleecy trousers and when I am a bit smaller and more mobile decent cheap jeans.

why not go the whole hog and try age concern charity shop.

(apart from the unremovable smell of whizz and mothballs) ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #40 on: 28 December 2010, 19:39:54 »

why not go the whole hog and try age concern charity shop.

(apart from the unremovable smell of whizz and mothballs) ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.