Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bit of diesel advice  (Read 6538 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Bit of diesel advice
« Reply #15 on: 06 November 2016, 21:11:43 »

Is the DPF required for the MOT (or Spanish equivalent) or can they be removed ?

I doubt they could be removed for the ITV(MOT). They don't even like non standard tyre sizes.

Would be doing a min of 20 mile journeys. I hate myself for admitting it but I often leave our current diesel running when I stop somewhere rather than switching it off. (yes I know that it illegal).  I also have some pangs about the cleanliness / environment thing. I have been really impressed by the diesel hire cars I have had including the Passat. Needs must when the devil drives is probably appropriate.

So I need good service history.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 November 2016, 21:27:57 »

You need to know how it's been driven (route type) ideally get what Nissan DIYers use to read car ecu fully. Level of ash might give a clue, this is the product of the soot burn. It cannot be removed unless you take the DPF off, I'm expecting to take mine off to clean the ash out at around 150/160k

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 November 2016, 09:19:28 »

Just saying a thirsty V6 and burger van is not exactly eco, so if you don't like diesel then go on performance, noise type, smell, engine note.

I don't think the exhaust emmisions matter, for me anyway.

If it was not for my miles, I would have gone petrol.

Diesel has far more harmful crap coming out the back than petrol, no matter how big the engine or the mpg.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 November 2016, 09:21:14 »

Only thing to be aware of is that Nissan use the Renault diesel engines and they can be rather troublesome, the 1.5 is particularly bad although at least the 2.0 is a chain setup.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 November 2016, 14:30:19 »

Sorry, can't agree. I'm really enjoying diesel driving experience, so much torque polluting the world and all its inhabitants. It suits my driving style, it's got enough go for me more than enough. Over 60mpg on run is great too  :y

Fixed it for you .. :)

Says person who drives a 3.2V6 which gets what 14mpg on gas, pulling a burger van. That's made out of huge amounts of plastic, don't think you should play the Eco card really.  :y

You having a sense of humour failure tunnie  ::)
Must be time of the month or something  ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 November 2016, 15:41:48 »

Just saying a thirsty V6 and burger van is not exactly eco, so if you don't like diesel then go on performance, noise type, smell, engine note.

Diesel has far more harmful crap coming out the back than petrol, no matter how big the engine or the mpg.

What is this stuff .. ah I know .. that stuff I put in twice a year, whether I need it or not ...  :) usually midsummer and midwinter. :)

Tunnie .. you know full well this is an LPG converted V6, so compare LPG to Diesel when comparing the levels of pollution ?? and your comment "I don't think the exhaust emmisions matter" says more about you than anything else .. IMHO ...  :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 November 2016, 15:57:36 »

Petrol is far cleaner than diesel anyway

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 November 2016, 16:26:39 »

What is this stuff .. ah I know .. that stuff I put in twice a year, whether I need it or not ...  :) usually midsummer and midwinter. :)

Tunnie .. you know full well this is an LPG converted V6, so compare LPG to Diesel when comparing the levels of pollution ?? and your comment "I don't think the exhaust emmisions matter" says more about you than anything else .. IMHO ...  :)

If I could afford it, I'd commute in a V8 Range Rover Diesel. Sadly cannot afford said car....

But what we do on this tiny little island is dwarfed by China and other heavy industry around the world. So what comes out of the tail pipe on one little car here, has no bearing for me, why should it?  :)

I'm not exactly going to go a buy a 2.0 petrol, which gets say 35mpg. Just to be nice to the environment  ;D

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 November 2016, 17:27:04 »

Sorry, can't agree. I'm really enjoying diesel driving experience, so much torque. It suits my driving style, it's got enough go for me more than enough. Over 60mpg on run is great too  :y

I got my first ever diesel some weeks ago. Pleasantly surprised  :y  Especially fuel consumption, it's not brilliant at around 43mpg (it's AWD), but after a 3.2 MV6 it's a big difference
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 November 2016, 17:33:16 »

During fast A road driving  :-X, I just got 194 miles out of 44 litres of LPG  :y
I'm happy  ;)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 November 2016, 17:40:05 »

During fast A road driving  :-X, I just got 194 miles out of 44 litres of LPG  :y
I'm happy  ;)

I'll never use LPG

1. I need the space in the car

2. I drive abroad quite often and LPG not allowed in the Channel Tunnel

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

2boxerdogs

« Reply #26 on: 07 November 2016, 18:28:58 »

My 4x4 is diesel & is the perfect workhorse, the V8 Merc is of course petrol so judging by my choice of vehicles it is obvious what my thoughts of emissions & pollution are.😉

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 November 2016, 18:38:19 »

Sorry, can't agree. I'm really enjoying diesel driving experience, so much torque. It suits my driving style, it's got enough go for me more than enough. Over 60mpg on run is great too  :y

I got my first ever diesel some weeks ago. Pleasantly surprised  :y  Especially fuel consumption, it's not brilliant at around 43mpg (it's AWD), but after a 3.2 MV6 it's a big difference

MrsT complained there was little fuel in 3.2 at the weekend, it had done 270 miles and was near the red. Over 60 quid later it's full.

Jumped in the VW for work today, trip said 420 miles, it's only just passed half way on fuel gauge.  :D ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07 November 2016, 19:06:00 »

Not entering the Diesel/petrol/lpg debate,but is there some particular reason you want a +2 Qashqai?Those rearmost "seats" are a complete and utter joke!

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 07 November 2016, 20:06:27 »

Only thing to be aware of is that Nissan use the Renault diesel engines and they can be rather troublesome, the 1.5 is particularly bad although at least the 2.0 is a chain setup.
In what way, exactly?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.