Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Which car for France?  (Read 11572 times)

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
Re: Which car for France?
« Reply #60 on: 14 April 2012, 11:54:59 »

By the way - got one of the telepeage (liber-t) auto payment gadgets a couple of years ago. really saves time, no queing and bothering passenger to pay and get tickets

Got it from here http://www.aprr.fr/fr/souscrire_telepeage_liber_t/les-avantages (need to translate or practice your french) which was the only ones who will supply to UK. You can apply online, pay 10 euro's for gadget no additional costs. Charges your credit card for only the month you use and the toll. I love it and so do'es Swmbo as I don't have to wake her.
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 14 April 2012, 17:53:41 »

By the way - got one of the telepeage (liber-t) auto payment gadgets a couple of years ago. really saves time, no queing and bothering passenger to pay and get tickets

Got it from here http://www.aprr.fr/fr/souscrire_telepeage_liber_t/les-avantages (need to translate or practice your french) which was the only ones who will supply to UK. You can apply online, pay 10 euro's for gadget no additional costs. Charges your credit card for only the month you use and the toll. I love it and so do'es Swmbo as I don't have to wake her.
This time, we're planning on avoiding tolls, as we always miss so much. So me and a mate are taking an easy trip down, over 2 or 3 days, just the 2 of us (for various reasons, the girls are flying, along with the other members of the party, but will be with us on way home).

Mate is taking his Morgan, so this occasion won't be the 'blat it all in a day' type trips I've done before, something the Omega excels at. Probably a couple of 2hr stinks a day. My mate is a diabetic, so I have to ensure he takes something with sugar in quite regularly.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 14 April 2012, 22:46:43 »

This time, we're planning on avoiding tolls, as we always miss so much. So me and a mate are taking an easy trip down, over 2 or 3 days, just the 2 of us (for various reasons, the girls are flying, along with the other members of the party, but will be with us on way home).

Mate is taking his Morgan, so this occasion won't be the 'blat it all in a day' type trips I've done before, something the Omega excels at. Probably a couple of 2hr stinks a day. My mate is a diabetic, so I have to ensure he takes something with sugar in quite regularly.

Well, you certainly don't want to be trying to keep up with that in an insignia on the B roads. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 15 April 2012, 09:15:56 »

Well, you certainly don't want to be trying to keep up with that in an insignia on the B roads. ;D
Indeed, despite all the cut-up old dining room tables that Morgan use to make cars, his 240bhp in under a tonne will leave the Omega for dead, let alone an Insignia.  Not really going to be able to make it up in the bends either ;D
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 15 April 2012, 10:07:36 »

Indeed, despite all the cut-up old dining room tables that Morgan use to make cars, his 240bhp in under a tonne will leave the Omega for dead, let alone an Insignia.  Not really going to be able to make it up in the bends either ;D
The danger being if the Insignia doesn't like a bend it'll just pretend it's not there. :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 16 April 2012, 20:27:38 »

Morris Marina! 8)
Curry makes the world go round!

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 18 April 2012, 22:09:58 »

Late to this one as we've been away..

LPG readily available from most hypermarkets in France

As long as you are back before the end of July I have roof bars and a 1/2 width roof box you are welcome to borrow if required.

Fuel costs of LPG will save you a fortune compared to an insignia ... let alone the comfort points .. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 19 April 2012, 20:53:37 »

Late to this one as we've been away..

LPG readily available from most hypermarkets in France

As long as you are back before the end of July I have roof bars and a 1/2 width roof box you are welcome to borrow if required.

Fuel costs of LPG will save you a fortune compared to an insignia ... let alone the comfort points .. :)
I have GM roofbars and a pikey box.

As to fuel costs, I'd expect around low 20s from TBE, maybe tad less, with roofbox.  I'd expect easily 50+ from Insignia.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 19 April 2012, 20:54:19 »

Anyway, the decision was taken out of my hands earlier.
Grumpy old man

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 19 April 2012, 23:18:57 »

What you got to take then?
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 19 April 2012, 23:42:24 »

You haven't broken TBE have you? :o
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

feeutfo

« Reply #71 on: 20 April 2012, 20:09:03 »

Has he been yet?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 01 July 2012, 22:22:29 »

Just shy of 2500 miles driving an Insignia.

Downsides:
Dull, boring, uninspiring, brake failure, appalling rear visibility

Upsides:
Errrrr....
« Last Edit: 01 July 2012, 22:25:40 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 01 July 2012, 22:25:17 »

Joking aside, upsides:
Easily 700 miles from a tank
2500m later, I'm not crippled. Surprising comfortable. And thats without really properly adjusting the seats for me
Easy, effortless drive, if somewhat down on power
Some fun in the twisties, yet unexciting
Grumpy old man

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 01 July 2012, 22:53:22 »

Joking aside, upsides:
Easily 700 miles from a tank
2500m later, I'm not crippled. Surprising comfortable. And thats without really properly adjusting the seats for me
Easy, effortless drive, if somewhat down on power
Some fun in the twisties, yet unexciting

You should try a VXR, oh my they're bloody lovely  :-* :-*
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.