Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: So what has TB done to TBE  (Read 5130 times)

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
Re: So what has TB done to TBE
« Reply #60 on: 12 May 2011, 19:41:00 »

i think hes been driving down the road and reached out to admire his magic tree when in a split second a caravan caught his eye in a lay by,what a lovely example of a mobile home he thought and then as he looked back to the road OH MY GOD what road hes on the grass banking heading for a hedge(crash)straight through the hedge and down the field spinning out of control towards a tree CRASH the branches have gone through the radiator...smashed the covers and wrapped all around the pulleys forceing the cambelt off which has flown through the air and landed in a river.damn hes thinking how am i gonna get home now without ringing tunnie to pull me out and tow me home and then(what if)yes what if i use the branches wrapped round my pulleys as a cambelt it could just work,10 mins later and some chewing gum and brum brum the bullet fires into life..woohoo as he wheel spins up the field and just manages to get back on the road behind the lovely caravan he was not long before admireing.

moral of the story is you can laugh at his air fresheners but he really does like his MAGIC TREES 8-)

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 12 May 2011, 19:53:18 »

Herc, if you emerge from this with any sort of postcount, I'll eat my shorts  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 12 May 2011, 20:19:12 »

Herc, if you emerge from this with any sort of postcount, I'll eat my shorts  ;D
haha can i choose which pair.jonny its true i was there and saw the whole event ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 12 May 2011, 20:47:44 »

Well, it doesn't run properly on LPG any more, and I don't understand why.  Seems happy enough on petrol though, not that its moved...

Confused from Confusedville...
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 12 May 2011, 20:53:29 »

Well, it doesn't run properly on LPG any more, and I don't understand why.  Seems happy enough on petrol though, not that its moved...

So you've managed to break it again :o :o

What's it doing and what have you had off? :-?
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 12 May 2011, 21:02:37 »

Only LPG bits I've touched are removed the injectors whilst taking plenum and inlet manifold out.  Put it back as I found it, running small tubes the same way it was.  I did initially forget to plug in 3 injectors, but didn't start car at this point, as LPG ECU bleeped due to this.

Not put lappy on it yet, come in for some food, as I forgot to eat today  :-[
Grumpy old man

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 12 May 2011, 21:17:08 »

Only LPG bits I've touched are removed the injectors whilst taking plenum and inlet manifold out.  Put it back as I found it, running small tubes the same way it was.  I did initially forget to plug in 3 injectors, but didn't start car at this point, as LPG ECU bleeped due to this.

Thats ok, plenty in reserve  :D ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #67 on: 13 May 2011, 01:47:57 »

So what's it doing? Lumpy, switching back, stalling, what? Why take the inlet out?

feeutfo

« Reply #68 on: 13 May 2011, 01:49:29 »

So what's it doing? Lumpy, switching back, stalling, what? Why take the inlet out?
Fuddled injector plugs?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 13 May 2011, 09:34:13 »

I'll ignore any cold symptoms, as that probably still needs tweaking. When hot, it idles well on petrol, switch to LPG, and within about 10s it starts to hunt (so badly, occasionally it temporarily drops back to petrol).

Hold it at 1500 rpm on the throttle, switch to gas, and immediately you can feel what seems like a misfire.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 13 May 2011, 09:35:12 »

Fuddled injector plugs?
Checked, double checked, captain
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 13 May 2011, 09:38:38 »

I'll ignore any cold symptoms, as that probably still needs tweaking. When hot, it idles well on petrol, switch to LPG, and within about 10s it starts to hunt (so badly, occasionally it temporarily drops back to petrol).

Hold it at 1500 rpm on the throttle, switch to gas, and immediately you can feel what seems like a misfire.

So, are you 100% sure you've got everything connected up correctly as it was fine. I think the slight hunt is going to be near on impossible to cure, although at some point I'd love to experiment with the nozzle sizes/pressure to see if we can improve that :-/

Check the pipes are connected correctly again and that you haven't crossed them over by accident.

Of course, it could just be that it needs re-calibrating again as it was done with the poorly plugs/coil packs :-/
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #72 on: 13 May 2011, 09:43:42 »

246?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 13 May 2011, 09:44:07 »

So, are you 100% sure you've got everything connected up correctly as it was fine. I think the slight hunt is going to be near on impossible to cure, although at some point I'd love to experiment with the nozzle sizes/pressure to see if we can improve that :-/

Check the pipes are connected correctly again and that you haven't crossed them over by accident.

Of course, it could just be that it needs re-calibrating again as it was done with the poorly plugs/coil packs :-/
Now the bloody water pump has at last arrived, I've gotta pop the plenum off again to fit the cambelt...  ...or shoudl I wait until its due (need to check when, but its this year)...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 13 May 2011, 09:45:08 »

246?
246 coil pack has been replaced with a spare I happened to find in my garage... ...it had Gayboy's written on it with permenent marker, whatever that means...
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.