Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lexus LS400  (Read 3255 times)

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
Re: Lexus LS400
« Reply #30 on: 04 March 2013, 23:23:34 »

we had an LS400 when they very first came out. It was superior to the new Bentleys in every way apart from it had no soul. It's just transport, and not anything to inspire or be proud of in any way shape or form. A bit like the automotive equivalent of Simon Cowell.

yes, that's the word - dull in every way

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #31 on: 04 March 2013, 23:31:38 »

we had an LS400 when they very first came out. It was superior to the new Bentleys in every way apart from it had no soul. It's just transport, and not anything to inspire or be proud of in any way shape or form. A bit like the automotive equivalent of Simon Cowell.

yes, that's the word - dull in every way
True, They are in no way a good looking car like tunni said , "Those things make a Facelift Omega look like an Aston Martin DB5 in comparison"

Even the new Lexus don't look that good. But are very well equipped and reliable that's the trouble with Japanese cars they have no soul. although they do look OK now days.  :-\

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 March 2013, 23:34:35 »

I had a lexus ls400 a few years ago, loved it fantastic car and a brute of an engine, smoth refined and very quite, ride was very wallowy when i first got it and, as the shocks were shot but new shockers sorted that. One thing to watch out for is the dash lights they can fail to light when the car is cold but as the temp starts to rise in the car they flicker into life, this is cured by replacing a couple of capacitors on the rear of the dash pcb, also the climate control lcd start to go black and clear as the temp rises in the cabin, these are common problems for the early cars and parts are horrendous from toyota/lexus.
Mine as a 93 k plate car and i still have some new parts for it in the garage so if you need any then get in touch. also if you need any other info please pm me.
I would have another tomorow if one came my way. :y
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

feeutfo

« Reply #33 on: 05 March 2013, 00:54:44 »

Mrs Gixer loves her is300. Although probably nothing like the car in question. :-\

I like the is300 too btw. Nice rasp from the quicker straight 6 engine. :)

omega3000

« Reply #34 on: 05 March 2013, 15:56:13 »

Mrs Gixer loves her is300. Although probably nothing like the car in question. :-\

I like the is300 too btw. Nice rasp from the quicker straight 6 engine. :)

Quite shocked how many of those 400's are for sale , sign of the times again with fuel consumption  :( Nice car though if you can afford to run it  :y

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #35 on: 05 March 2013, 16:35:52 »

Seen it , don't like it. Not this particular car it was sound but they are not feasible really now it's just like a boat the shape of a brick and feels old and very Japanese  ;D, good solid reliable cars though...

omega3000

« Reply #36 on: 05 March 2013, 23:47:05 »

Seen it , don't like it. Not this particular car it was sound but they are not feasible really now it's just like a boat the shape of a brick and feels old and very Japanese  ;D, good solid reliable cars though...

;D

I think you must get a V6 jag or a Merc  ???
There was a LS400 down the scrap yard a while back , even then i was drawn to it and popped the bonnet just to have a look at the V8  :P I tried pulling the grille off but it was put on so good i didnt get it off  >:(

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #37 on: 06 March 2013, 00:17:58 »

;D

There was a LS400 down the scrap yard a while back , even then i was drawn to it and popped the bonnet just to have a look at the V8  :P I tried pulling the grille off but it was put on so good i didnt get it off  >:(
Its a lovely engine even with over 100,000 on it was spotless under the bonnet and the engine had no noises and fume-less and the sound  :-* , If I'm not mistaken didn't someone called rats or something put a ls400 4.0 V8 in a PFL Omega ? 

omega3000

« Reply #38 on: 06 March 2013, 14:09:55 »

;D

Its a lovely engine even with over 100,000 on it was spotless under the bonnet and the engine had no noises and fume-less and the sound  :-* , If I'm not mistaken didn't someone called rats or something put a ls400 4.0 V8 in a PFL Omega ?

Just 2 pots have worn in at that mielage  ;D Still your search continues .. i put in a search for V8 in egay and hundreds of Land Rovers come up  ::)

Bixy1

• Intermediate Member
  • Leeds. West Yorks.
  • Hanging by a thread . . .
    • Diesel Vectra eventually.
    • View Profile
    • Cats Tails
« Reply #39 on: 07 March 2013, 20:44:30 »

Stonkin' car! Can't beat 'em.
Too cheap to run for me though. . . I wanted something reliable and thirsty . . . ::)
(Just a hint of irony there. . . )  8)
Cats Tails (The Adventures of Rommy and Reemy)
http://sbpra.com/derektmorgan
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.