Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: scrap prices,  (Read 3754 times)

candyman

• Carrickfergus, N Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: scrap prices,
« Reply #15 on: 17 February 2015, 23:37:48 »

I'm about to scrap my winter hack feista and have been told not to expect much! That's how I know the recent prices.
ongoing projects- 99 3.0 elite est, 90 xr4x4 est twin turbo. expensive ornament- mz baghira supermoto. mk2 granada 2.8 gradualy disappearing in storage

powerslinky

« Reply #16 on: 18 February 2015, 06:39:29 »

Drove by local scrappy yesterday  . . . large place  . . . almost empty of cars  . . . usually means he has cleared out at best possible rate  & that prices are gonna fall even more ::)

As Andy says  . . time to start storing the scrap copper & brass in the shed till things improve again   :(

What we have gained on fuel being low  . . . we lose on something else  ::) ::)

brendan1983

• Hampshire
    • Omega CDX Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 February 2015, 08:23:55 »

I got a quote last week for what I could get for my omega should it catastrophically fail the mot - top offer I had was £95
2003 CDX & Yamaha Thunderace

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 February 2015, 09:11:38 »

Wow prices low!  >:(

Which irritates me all the more that the Elite V6 in my local scrappy 'had' to crush it (ok, I'd got loads of parts off it, but only yesterday evening I was thinking - 'ooh worth picking up some spare wishbone and caliper bolts, as them ones on the scrap car were excellent... oh, never mind' I know for a fact the other two in have heavy miles and will be in the same state as mine. Yes I know, I can pick up blts anywhere, but point still stands - there was a fair few bits bn bobs on the car that may have come in for me or another OOFer - and for the scrap yard to maybe get under a ton a ton, well that's just silly. Oil cooler plate, air con rad and piping and spoiler would have got them the entire car's scrap value. All three I'd have had if I'd had the time.
Oh, and the alloys (yes FL Elite 17" alloys) got scrapped at probably £15 each or whatever, before I got chance to make an offer.

Scrap's low, but at the same time they're not helping themselves if they're leaving literally hundreds of £sworth of stuff still on the things when they cube them. Ah well, I got loads, shouldn't grumble, and some of those parts have gone onto OOFers and are now fitted to cars for hopefully years to come  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 February 2015, 14:18:58 »

Omega's are top weight saloons , no wonder they scrap them quick . Shame to see so many good examples cubed  :( Cant save them all but there are still a few breakers selling just omega parts , but for how long  :(
Omegatitis

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 February 2015, 14:30:55 »

Got £150 for my PFL 18months  ago, (drove it there). Lots of good stuff on it but the majority of people just have,nt got the room to keep it whilst they break it. Also, when it starts to get to the partly dismantled stage, some of the neighbours start to get a bit huffy. :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 February 2015, 19:53:19 »

All scrappies are pikeys. Ring again tomorrow, and next day and so on.

Goldie, they initially offered free collection, but after a few days of calling, we got to a sensible price.
Grumpy old man

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 February 2015, 21:52:15 »

Big time...sorry rear bumper not great so no good for you.........I took Paddy flannery advice and tried Motorwise on the net and and they will pick it up and quoted £153  ..scrap....so thanks for that info,,,, :y :D :D

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 February 2015, 23:44:54 »

Big time...sorry rear bumper not great so no good for you.........I took Paddy flannery advice and tried Motorwise on the net and and they will pick it up and quoted £153  ..scrap....so thanks for that info,,,, :y :D :D
How about that round bit hanging off the bumper in this pic... if its there can you just rip it off for me if its z594  :y

its a bath plug  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 18 February 2015, 23:47:16 by BIGtime »

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 February 2015, 11:31:38 »

Bet you that Omega would clean up nicely , sonly moss  ::)
Omegatitis

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 February 2015, 11:34:19 »

Bet you that Omega would clean up nicely , sonly moss  ::)
Thats not mine..thats a pic from a link in parts section of someone who wants a bumper  ;D ;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #26 on: 19 February 2015, 19:23:49 »

best leave my hot water tank sitting on the patio then, since October last year ::), until the prices pick up :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.