Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My list of jobs for the CDX  (Read 2846 times)

sassanach

• Omega Knight
  • trowbridge
    • View Profile
Re: My list of jobs for the CDX
« Reply #30 on: 07 May 2008, 21:57:46 »

granted its a snug fit, from memory the tank is 975mm long by 450dia.i will also lay odds that most tanks come from the same source.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 May 2008, 21:58:49 »

Re the 100 ltr tank ...  :)

When mine was measured by the place that is doing the work (goes in on Saturday) they said I would have to have an 85 ltr tank (68 ltrs useable gas) as that is the max that fits between the suspension "bulges".  

Could this be due to their suppliers being different to others, or what ?? 15 ltrs is not a lot I know .. just wondering about the discrepancy .. :)

Feel free to pop in for a cuppa if you're in the area. :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 May 2008, 21:58:51 »

When mine was measured by the place that is doing the work (goes in on Saturday) they said I would have to have an 85 ltr tank (68 ltrs useable gas) as that is the max that fits between the suspension "bulges".  

Could this be due to their suppliers being different to others, or what ?? 15 ltrs is not a lot I know .. just wondering about the discrepancy .. :)

i wonder if the mountings will make a difference?

there are two types, a frame that bolts to the floor, that would increase the height of the tank by about half an inch or the straps that bolt directly to the floor.
Kevin i am not sure that you would be able to do what you intended, i had a 70 litre last time and i have been told the diameter is the same its the length that will differ, if thats the case then the ability to carry long things is lost

Iainv6

• Kinross
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 May 2008, 21:58:51 »

Man, i was worn out after only READING about how much work you put in over a few days :o

Hope you get you're 10k in before going to France with the family, and you have a great one :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07 May 2008, 22:01:51 »

Kevin i am not sure that you would be able to do what you intended, i had a 70 litre last time and i have been told the diameter is the same its the length that will differ, if thats the case then the ability to carry long things is lost

IIRC, the tank James had in his facelift was about right. It was long (only just fitted between the suspension turrets) but not that high. :-/ That was a 70 litre, IIRC.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

sassanach

• Omega Knight
  • trowbridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 May 2008, 22:03:49 »

i used a frame and it makes b+++er all difference to the height,i would also go for a 4 hole tank as it fills quicker,  :) usefull when your filling a 140 litre tank, as fitted to my caddy

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 May 2008, 22:07:05 »

i used a frame and it makes b+++er all difference to the height,i would also go for a 4 hole tank as it fills quicker,  :) usefull when your filling a 140 litre tank, as fitted to my caddy

Why do 4 holes fill quicker, out of interest? Is it just down to being able to fit a larger diameter filling valve to the tank than is possible in a 4 in 1 multivalve? Is the pipework to the filler still the same (8mm?).

Kevin

sassanach

• Omega Knight
  • trowbridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 May 2008, 22:15:16 »

the filler pipe on mine looks more like a hydraulic pipe, its pre-made.so im presuming its larger internally.i also have a 4 hole tank in the mig and i could tell the difference in filling time between it and the previously fitted  spare wheel tank.(using the same pump)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 May 2008, 22:25:33 »

Feel free to pop in for a cuppa if you're in the area. :y

Kevin

Many thanks for the invite .. but it'll be a flying visit ... SWMBO made some promises without consulting me .. so now I'll be watching the clock all morning ...  :(

Martin_1962

« Reply #39 on: 07 May 2008, 22:27:45 »

Why do 4 holes fill quicker, out of interest? Is it just down to being able to fit a larger diameter filling valve to the tank than is possible in a 4 in 1 multivalve? Is the pipework to the filler still the same (8mm?).

Kevin

It is bigger 14mm AFAIR

As to that pump - I moved mine back a little to the next bolt, only on one and not two but it is still there and the evaporator fits OK.

I did need to chop the corner off the air box for pipework and remount one of the mounts.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.