Author Topic: iPhone  (Read 2090 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone
« Reply #30 on: 21 February 2013, 10:21:16 »

My advice, ask yourself what you are going to use it for.

If its a bit FB, calls, basic internet and email then any smart phone will fit the bill there.

The big issue for me is the iphone cost, its not cheap and monthly cost is considerably higher than many other options.

We use them at work because:

1) Blackberry are past it and may well not exist shortly (although were an option up until the end of last year)

2) Integrated email/appointments etc

3) 4s is used as we have some custom apps which have not been re-written to support the 5

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 February 2013, 11:30:12 »

ESP if I'm paying. I don't want to give you all too much notice now do I. ;D :y

Darn! Nobody told me you were paying. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #32 on: 21 February 2013, 15:10:13 »

ESP if I'm paying. I don't want to give you all too much notice now do I. ;D :y

Darn! Nobody told me you were paying. >:(
Shhhh not so loud. ::) ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #33 on: 21 February 2013, 15:13:20 »

My advice, ask yourself what you are going to use it for.

If its a bit FB, calls, basic internet and email then any smart phone will fit the bill there.

The big issue for me is the iphone cost, its not cheap and monthly cost is considerably higher than many other options.

We use them at work because:

1) Blackberry are past it and may well not exist shortly (although were an option up until the end of last year)

2) Integrated email/appointments etc

3) 4s is used as we have some custom apps which have not been re-written to support the 5

As i was advised by the Groomer, all roads do lead to the gay crApple form over function device. They just do. :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 February 2013, 15:41:14 »

As i was advised by the Groomer, all roads do lead to the gay crApple form over function device. They just do. :)

Unless you want to use it to talk to someone (odd, I know). I find the audio quality from my colleague's one barely possible to comprehend, even when he has a perfect signal.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #35 on: 21 February 2013, 15:54:30 »

Unless you want to use it to talk to someone (odd, I know). I find the audio quality from my colleague's one barely possible to comprehend, even when he has a perfect signal.
The 5 is much better. ...although I didn't notice a real problem on the 4 tbh.
However, the phone application is truly appalling. 02 don't allow free 0800 numbers, and have an automated message asking to re dial using  800/without the zero. On any other phone you can edit the number by moving the curser to the start of the number and just delete the zero. But no, not the iPhone. You have to delete each digit and start again. Rubbish.

Good job i don't use the phone much. ::)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 February 2013, 16:04:01 »

Not for personal use...  ;D ;D ;D :y

Unless somebody can find me one for sub18 a month with my current call/data package

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 February 2013, 18:03:07 »

You're missing the point. Iphones are gay. Other brands are not gay.
ooooooh suit you sir :D :D :D
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21 February 2013, 18:43:16 »

I've had my (gay) iPhone 3GS for well over 3 years now. It does what I need it to do, and it does it better than any other phone, with the exception of newer/faster iPhones.

Its robust - although I have had to order yet another new case where its lost an argument with a desk partition, and it does not sport a crack in the iPhones case, and a chunk out of the screen ;D - functional, reliable and easy to use.

As things stand right now, if I had to replace it, it would be a gayPhone 5, as the 4S is too expensive for older technology. Android is the only viable alternative (RIM are dead, and MS are not getting the traction), but there is no usable email/PIM available for that platform without giving an Ad company full rights to your world.

I tend to buy my smartphones outright, and use a very cheap (free ::)) tariff which is 250mins/unlimit text/1Gb data on the O2 network.  I don't really use it too much for work, as work provide me with a Vodafone SIM, which is pretty useless around these parts, so its on permement divert, and left in the drawer ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21 February 2013, 18:51:25 »

My biggest complaint is that it is intrinsically tied to iTunes, which under Windows is truely abysmal. If you're really gay, and have a Mac, then its not so bad.

I've been through most smartphones (and not-so-smart, like Nokia N series), having been an early adopter 10yrs ago. gayPhone aside (and a 15 month love affair with an HTC WM5, until it broke), never kept any more than a few months, as I couldn't live with them.

crApple are the scum of the earth, along with Google, but the iPhone just does what it claims. Even if it is very gay.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.