Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Warranty claim on the Tata.  (Read 10463 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Warranty claim on the Tata.
« Reply #45 on: 25 March 2021, 09:51:38 »

Any visit to the dealer is a potential new car sale... Even if reliability reputation/perception is poor.

Especially when you consider that most Land Rover owners are fanatics and forgive the brand for it's frailties.   ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 25 March 2021, 10:05:23 »

Any visit to the dealer is a potential new car sale... Even if reliability reputation/perception is poor.

Especially when you consider that most Land Rover owners are fanatics and forgive the brand for it's frailties.   ::)

I've now dealt with every problem that the vehicle had/or could have, very fortunate to have found someone who has over 40 years experience of the brand , have to say it is a terrific vehicle to drive & tow with, certainly much nicer than the Hyundai & the V8 Merc which it replaced.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 25 March 2021, 11:13:30 »

Cars, like all computer filled gubbins, are only as good as the programmers... Some are in the same office, some work for Apple :D
Trouble with modern software development methodologies mean that all new software is inherently more unfinished and less tested than that of a decade ago, which itself was worse than a decade before.

That is the same for PCs/Macs, home technology devices, and embedded stuff used in cars etc.

Agile software development, a series of little sprints delivering poorly tested code to a large mainline........but removes the need to do proper planning

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 25 March 2021, 11:13:57 »

The E class saloon was hardly a tow car ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 25 March 2021, 11:32:42 »

The central locking system for Jaguar/Land Rover must be a fantastic little earner for them this has been documented for years, I've had all mine replaced now on the Range Rover + the bonnet alarm sensor which is another known problem , the indi I use has assured me that the ones he has fitted will not fail he gave up using the original ones about 5 years ago .
I've only managed to find 2 companies who make them for mine (and guess yours is same if it has passive entry but not soft close), Brose who are the OEM, and are shit, or a chinky one who's name escapes me currently, who are even more shit, if ever that was possible ;D

I fitted some patterns to mine, in the hope they would last longer. But they didn't ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 25 March 2021, 11:33:56 »

FTFY
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 25 March 2021, 11:36:58 »

What makes you assume I towed with the Merc ?  Are you more stupid than you appear to be ?
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 25 March 2021, 11:37:49 »

Cars, like all computer filled gubbins, are only as good as the programmers... Some are in the same office, some work for Apple :D
Trouble with modern software development methodologies mean that all new software is inherently more unfinished and less tested than that of a decade ago, which itself was worse than a decade before.

That is the same for PCs/Macs, home technology devices, and embedded stuff used in cars etc.

Agile software development, a series of little sprints delivering poorly tested code to a large mainline........but removes the need to do proper planning
Thats a pretty good summary of Agile, I might use that one in some presentations ;D :y

I was just having a gander through our local internal vacancies, and every single one mentions Agile, so must be the current wankword bingo top dog at our place.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 25 March 2021, 11:38:09 »

Give it a few more years and there will be nobody left who remembers stuff being tested before it was launched so it worked as expected.The people who expected things to not need to be replaced every six months won't be missed by manufacturers either.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 25 March 2021, 13:53:30 »

What makes you assume I towed with the Merc ?  Are you more stupid than you appear to be ?
I know you didn't  ;D you listed it with the tow cars.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 25 March 2021, 14:04:19 »

I know you didn't  ;D you listed it with the tow cars.

Give me strength , you are one dumbf**k.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 25 March 2021, 14:28:02 »

Have a drink and chill out.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 25 March 2021, 21:16:46 »

Thats a pretty good summary of Agile, I might use that one in some presentations ;D :y

I was just having a gander through our local internal vacancies, and every single one mentions Agile, so must be the current wankword bingo top dog at our place.

Every time I hear this word I passive aggressively ignore it. Maybe I'll raise my eyebrows, or nod. Maybe they'll think my team are implementing it. ;D

It might be fine for something trivial like a web site, but for a complex software system that actually has to be designed, it helps if you know where you're going beyond the next fortnight otherwise you end up with a mess that's been chainsawed about all over the place, and is impossible to debug or maintain. Not such an issue for a web site where users can always hit the refresh button. More of a problem for an embedded system that needs to run for years unattended. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 26 March 2021, 13:06:57 »

It might be fine for something trivial like a web site, but for a complex software system that actually has to be designed, it helps if you know where you're going beyond the next fortnight otherwise you end up with a mess that's been chainsawed about all over the place, and is impossible to debug or maintain. Not such an issue for a web site where users can always hit the refresh button. More of a problem for an embedded system that needs to run for years unattended. ::)
OMG, you dropped the D-bomb.  Apparently any form of design designed to be used beyond the next sprint can't possibly be agile, thus the word must not be used.

Despite the fact I have recently been infected with Oxford, courtesy of Mr AZ, even I can still see you are speaking far too much common sense than is allowed nowadays :P
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 27 March 2021, 08:24:12 »

The central locking system for Jaguar/Land Rover must be a fantastic little earner for them this has been documented for years, I've had all mine replaced now on the Range Rover + the bonnet alarm sensor which is another known problem , the indi I use has assured me that the ones he has fitted will not fail he gave up using the original ones about 5 years ago .
I've only managed to find 2 companies who make them for mine (and guess yours is same if it has passive entry but not soft close), Brose who are the OEM, and are shit, or a chinky one who's name escapes me currently, who are even more shit, if ever that was possible ;D

I fitted some patterns to mine, in the hope they would last longer. But they didn't ;D

Have no idea of what make they are but seems confident that they are fit for purpose ,he also mentioned that there are a lot of  inferior pattern suspension pumps available which are "total crap" as mine had recently had its one replaced he confirmed it is a genuine one thankfully, although they are not that expensive to replace if required.
« Last Edit: 27 March 2021, 08:27:09 by Rangie »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.