Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega replacement ?  (Read 6045 times)

05omegav6

Re: Omega replacement ?
« Reply #60 on: 12 February 2013, 09:58:10 »

...and I'm suprised to see a balancer shaft on a v6 :-\

It is a tractor, remember. :y
Probably rough as a badgers yaris without ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #61 on: 12 February 2013, 10:20:20 »

See, where you're all seeing something overly complex, I'm seeing something that's really quite clever in design terms - it keeps the engine compact as the chains all sit within the area of the heads & (very short) engine block and with several short chains rather than one enormous one you probably get a lot less wear on the slippers and less propensity to rattle..

..still not sure I'd want the repair bills, mind ;D but let's face it - Entwood is hardly going to be able to tow the pikey palace with a clit, is he ;)

(Then again, cost of clit vs. cost of land yacht plus pikey palace - you could probably have a lot of hotel time for that.. but let's not get into that argument ;D ;D )

05omegav6

« Reply #62 on: 12 February 2013, 10:27:48 »

Well that's that settled :y

VXR8 with Holden Commodore rear lights and bumper to enable fitting of the factory spec 2100kg towbar, which bolts straight on :y

And before anyone says 'type approval', by the time it becomes an issue, the EU will have collapsed :y

Hopefully...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #63 on: 12 February 2013, 10:37:02 »

Well that's that settled :y

VXR8 with Holden Commodore rear lights and bumper to enable fitting of the factory spec 2100kg towbar, which bolts straight on :y

And before anyone says 'type approval', by the time it becomes an issue, the EU will have collapsed :y

Hopefully...

if I were there ,a British made car with relatively cheap parts available anytime and lots of friends knowing about it would be my first choice..  :y

and you have plenty of choices.. why not Jaguar..

05omegav6

« Reply #64 on: 12 February 2013, 10:44:20 »

Trouble is, that only leaves the following choices:

Toyota Avensis; Honda Accord and CRV; Nissan Primera, Note and Micra; Vauxhall Astra and Jaguar/Range Rover  :'(

All of which are plastic wwd tat, except for the Tata options, but neither are, by their own admission that well built or reliable :-\ besides, the Range Rover is also a bit too 'Cheshire' ::)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #65 on: 12 February 2013, 10:44:32 »

See, where you're all seeing something overly complex, I'm seeing something that's really quite clever in design terms - it keeps the engine compact as the chains all sit within the area of the heads & (very short) engine block and with several short chains rather than one enormous one you probably get a lot less wear on the slippers and less propensity to rattle..

..still not sure I'd want the repair bills, mind ;D but let's face it - Entwood is hardly going to be able to tow the pikey palace with a clit, is he ;)

(Then again, cost of clit vs. cost of land yacht plus pikey palace - you could probably have a lot of hotel time for that.. but let's not get into that argument ;D ;D )

Aaron, discussing about the quality of a luxury car of German engineering is pointless ofcourse..

and no doubt the pikey palace will lift off the clit in any pothole or irragular roadshape ;D  remember its 950 kg and with 4 passengers and load maximum 1400-1450 kg.. ;D

ps: did you tried clit 3.0 v6 ::)
« Last Edit: 12 February 2013, 10:46:50 by cem »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #66 on: 12 February 2013, 10:45:38 »

Toyota Avensis; Honda Accord and CRV; Nissan Primera, Note and Micra; Vauxhall Astra and Jaguar/Range Rover  :'(

All of which are plastic wwd tat, except for the Tata options, but neither are, by their own admission that well built or reliable :-\ besides, the Range Rover is also a bit too 'Cheshire' ::)

whats wrong with Jaguar ???

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/jaguar/xj/used-jaguar-xj-4-2-v8-se-4dr-auto-gloucester-fpa-201302115290005?logcode=p
« Last Edit: 12 February 2013, 10:50:40 by cem »

aaronjb

« Reply #67 on: 12 February 2013, 10:55:06 »

I would love to have a go in one of those - standard or modified (there's footage of a supercharged version with full clutchless sequential gearbox somewhere!).. two of my favourite cars (of those that I've owned) were my Renault 5 GT Turbo & Renault 19 16V. Admittedly I may have somewhat rose coloured spectacles on when thinking about them as I was only 19 at the time!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #68 on: 12 February 2013, 11:03:52 »

I would love to have a go in one of those - standard or modified (there's footage of a supercharged version with full clutchless sequential gearbox somewhere!).. two of my favourite cars (of those that I've owned) were my Renault 5 GT Turbo & Renault 19 16V. Admittedly I may have somewhat rose coloured spectacles on when thinking about them as I was only 19 at the time!

give me those 3.0s anyday..  but they are very rare and cost a fortune.. :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #69 on: 12 February 2013, 13:22:59 »

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/jaguar/xj/used-jaguar-xj-4-2-v8-se-4dr-auto-gloucester-fpa-201302115290005?logcode=p

::)

In that example, it is older than my Omega, has less room in it, is a lower spec, and is a god awful colour...

feeutfo

« Reply #70 on: 12 February 2013, 14:46:01 »

...and, most importantly, it's not a vxr8

05omegav6

« Reply #71 on: 12 February 2013, 16:51:21 »

I would have hoped that much was obvious ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #72 on: 12 February 2013, 17:03:06 »

In that example, it is older than my Omega, has less room in it, is a lower spec, and is a god awful colour...

::) ;D  I like the color..  very useful for our sun.. and for that price you cant even buy the hood here..

05omegav6

« Reply #73 on: 12 February 2013, 17:07:24 »

ie Not white ::)

::) ;D  I like the color..  very useful for our sun.. and for that price you cant even buy the hood here..

Parts aren't exactly cheap then ::)

feeutfo

« Reply #74 on: 12 February 2013, 17:30:32 »

I would have hoped that much was obvious ;D
I would of hoped too tbh :-\
"I want a vxr8/phaeton/Lexus"....or whatever, is not really an open statement ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.