Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Down

Author Topic: One for the BMW haters- fill yer boots!  (Read 29725 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: One for the BMW haters- fill yer boots!
« Reply #136 on: 02 February 2017, 21:01:32 »

.......and a nice moist pussy. :)
Here do...

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/210684088790838065/

Thanks, Al........but I'm not a big fan of a hairy pussy. Wet yes.....Hairy no. :D ;)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 02 February 2017, 21:22:04 »

Being on a PCP, gives different rights/options for disposal. Your contract is, as you know, with the finance company, and theirs is with the dealer as the car supplier.

Not sure if you would be entitled to financial recourse... mileage/value/payments made, but you should find it easy enough to get out of the contract as they have provided you with something clearly not fit for purpose.

Have found Alphera pretty easy to deal with in the past, so hopefully once they have the dealership by the gingangoolies, it should be resolved pretty quickly ;)

Good luck :y

Did I not say this a few pages back? ::) ::)

Failing all that, remember that you actually purchased the car from the finance company so get them on BMW's case
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 02 February 2017, 21:43:04 »

You did indeed, which is why they are handling it on my behalf  with the dealer. :y

I had a chat with CAB today, they confirmed that they (BMW Fin Serv) have 8 weeks to arrange a resolution before I involve the Financial Ombudsman service. Within a couple of days I should have a named case worker, who may well regret that they were allocated me as a customer  ;D.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 02 February 2017, 21:55:48 »

You did indeed, which is why they are handling it on my behalf  with the dealer. :y

I had a chat with CAB today, they confirmed that they (BMW Fin Serv) have 8 weeks to arrange a resolution before I involve the Financial Ombudsman service. Within a couple of days I should have a named case worker, who may well regret that they were allocated me as a customer  ;D.

TBH, you will probably find they get it resolved surprisingly quickly ;) It is the one really good thing about buying vehicles on finance
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 02 February 2017, 23:19:52 »

Indeed. Although my typical timeline for such things tends to run:

1. Polite letter requesting something within 14 days.
2. Polite letter explaining that we'll be off to court in 14 days as they ignored my first polite letter
3. File a small claims court claim and prepare my papers.

As yet, only one company has ever filed a defence against me. But ultimately I went on to turn up to court alone.

8 weeks feels like a helluva long time to me. ;)

STEMO

« Reply #141 on: 03 February 2017, 13:48:40 »

Indeed. Although my typical timeline for such things tends to run:

1. Polite letter requesting something within 14 days.
2. Polite letter explaining that we'll be off to court in 14 days as they ignored my first polite letter
3. File a small claims court claim and prepare my papers.

As yet, only one company has ever filed a defence against me. But ultimately I went on to turn up to court alone.

8 weeks feels like a helluva long time to me. ;)
Are you still paying the finance?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 03 February 2017, 13:53:14 »

I am, to not do so would damage my credit score, and ultimately, until its all resolved I am obliged to do so.

Fortunately, with my omega still available this isn't causing a cash flow problem at the moment. I might be in a bit of a pickle if I had got my act together and sold the mig before Christmas as I had planned to!

STEMO

« Reply #143 on: 03 February 2017, 13:55:51 »

I am, to not do so would damage my credit score, and ultimately, until its all resolved I am obliged to do so.

Fortunately, with my omega still available this isn't causing a cash flow problem at the moment. I might be in a bit of a pickle if I had got my act together and sold the mig before Christmas as I had planned to!
No such thing. The only person who sees you credit score is you.  :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 15 February 2017, 11:40:23 »

I thought I would resurrect this for a bit of an update. I've been giving the finance company weekly hurry-ups to see where they're at. The latest being today. Apparently they have replaced the battery, put 500miles on the car and nothing has re-appeared. However there is still an open escalation case (PUMA case they call it) with BMW UK, which doesn't seem to add up.  ???

What I suspect they're doing is slow playing me to try and get me to accept a replacement rather than a refund (they asked again about this and emphasised that it could be done quickly if I wanted it).

Shame that they don't know about the mighty Desmond  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 15 February 2017, 12:08:55 »

I thought I would resurrect this for a bit of an update. I've been giving the finance company weekly hurry-ups to see where they're at. The latest being today. Apparently they have replaced the battery, put 500miles on the car and nothing has re-appeared. However there is still an open escalation case (PUMA case they call it) with BMW UK, which doesn't seem to add up.  ???

What I suspect they're doing is slow playing me to try and get me to accept a replacement rather than a refund (they asked again about this and emphasised that it could be done quickly if I wanted it).

Say sure, if they do a replacement M1 or M2?  :D

For the same monies of course!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 15 February 2017, 15:06:41 »

TBH, a faster "more of the same" would just make me even more nervous about when it would next choose to die on me. :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 15 February 2017, 15:11:41 »

This one is an ugly little runt.

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • 2.2 CD Auto, Pug 308Hdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 19 February 2017, 15:32:18 »

This one is an ugly little runt.

Not at all old boy :o :o
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M1

the 1M on the other hand is a bit of a red headed step child :)
An ounce of experience is worth more than a pound of enthusiasm.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 01 March 2017, 16:11:57 »

I thought I would resurrect this thread from page 2 obscurity for a bit of an update.

I called BMW FS again today for their weekly reminder that I haven't gone away or died and....

It looks like the dealer has accepted the return of the car  :y.

Nothing is finalised yet, but they have a settlement figure on their system which is to be split between the dealer and BMWFS. I am not sure how this works exactly, it will be to do with the split of money from my deposit and monthly payments, some going to the dealer, some to the finance company. What I do know is that they have proposed a figure which is equal to all that I have paid, less one month's PCP payment.

IF this comes off (and I aint counting until the cheque has cleared), it is more than I would have fought them for. It will mean that I am only "down" about £430 (plus 6 weeks' insurance while they have had the car) and I have had use of the car for about 4.5 months and 5,000 miles. Even considering the aggravation it has caused me, I think this is, at least, a fair result. Then again, had I been rear-ended by an articulated lorry on the M42 one night, I'd probably feel very differently  :o.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.