Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG kit prices  (Read 20614 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: LPG kit prices
« Reply #75 on: 14 January 2011, 23:21:47 »

Right... Chris, what size vertical tank did you have last time? I reckon it's ambitious to try and get a 70L one in :-/ Has the new beast got Bose? I would actually recommend a 80L cylinder as it mounts better but if you want the biggest possible a 90L will fit (as you know because mine is ;)) or even a 100L will go in. However, the 100L does have to sit slightly back from the seats and is tight.
60litre, can't remember the dimensions, iirc 70 might just fit in the space by measuring, but it's going to be a case of getting hands on one to see if it will foul the boot roof inside the wing before dropping down and in to the well. Also there may be some solid/no hole in the middle options in upright form from what I have seen. Valve sits on the outside.....?

I'll have a google.

Best bet for getting hands on may be to visit an installer showing interest :-/ :-/
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #76 on: 15 January 2011, 00:28:51 »

Right... Chris, what size vertical tank did you have last time? I reckon it's ambitious to try and get a 70L one in :-/ Has the new beast got Bose? I would actually recommend a 80L cylinder as it mounts better but if you want the biggest possible a 90L will fit (as you know because mine is ;)) or even a 100L will go in. However, the 100L does have to sit slightly back from the seats and is tight.
60litre, can't remember the dimensions, iirc 70 might just fit in the space by measuring, but it's going to be a case of getting hands on one to see if it will foul the boot roof inside the wing before dropping down and in to the well. Also there may be some solid/no hole in the middle options in upright form from what I have seen. Valve sits on the outside.....?

I'll have a google.

Best bet for getting hands on may be to visit an installer showing interest :-/ :-/
Tinley have offered.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 15 January 2011, 00:53:05 »

I'll have a google.

Tinley have offered.
Bit of a trek though... Mind you, probably not much further from yours as it is from mine. I've been to them in the past and they're very knowledgeable and helpful people, albeit a little on the pricey side ( in general) :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 15 January 2011, 00:58:41 »

Just spoke to Mick at tinly tech, he says he will supply a bigas kit suitable for a 218 bhp V6 engine for £700 including a 90 litre tank, thats with a discount for two kits.

Bigger or donut tanks will be extra, 70 litre donut is another £50.
  :-/
Just out of interest... Was that £700 all in or plus VAT and delivery? Only ask as I think the kit they're talking about is normally about £795+ the extras, plus extra for polyflex over copper (if pipework is even included) etc... Just something to bear in mind. ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #79 on: 15 January 2011, 01:32:02 »

Just spoke to Mick at tinly tech, he says he will supply a bigas kit suitable for a 218 bhp V6 engine for £700 including a 90 litre tank, thats with a discount for two kits.

Bigger or donut tanks will be extra, 70 litre donut is another £50.
  :-/
Just out of interest... Was that £700 all in or plus VAT and delivery? Only ask as I think the kit they're talking about is normally about £795+ the extras, plus extra for polyflex over copper (if pipework is even included) etc... Just something to bear in mind. ;)
I didn't ask if four or single hole tank either. Seemed steep to me though tbh.  :-/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 15 January 2011, 11:02:36 »

I didn't ask if four or single hole tank either. Seemed steep to me though tbh.  :-/
Really? I thought £700 was fairly reasonable if it's a complete kit and inclusive of VAT. Other thing, as stated, is to ensure that you get the lead and dongle (if required) to be able to calibrate and tune it.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 15 January 2011, 11:11:33 »

Mine would be for the 3.2 Elite, and not skimping on borderline vapurisers etc.  Tank - largest that will fit under bose shelf - I'm only getting 250 day to day from the 80l.  No stupid 'no drilling' injector mountings either. KW will be drilling mine - not that he knows it yet ::).  And while he's there.........

Not sure 4 hole tank needed - last year he was on about a very high flow multivalve.  My MV6 has a higher than normal (but not the very high flow), not noticed a problem.  This may be cheaper option?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 15 January 2011, 11:15:15 »

Really? I thought £700 was fairly reasonable if it's a complete kit and inclusive of VAT. Other thing, as stated, is to ensure that you get the lead and dongle (if required) to be able to calibrate and tune it.
I paid £580 for my complete kit last year, delivered. Stag 300Plus, 80l tank, slightly higher flow multivalve, polyflex, usb lead etc.  Only extras I had to steal from KW was longer tank bolts and some coolant elbows.

Not sure if I did well on price because I mentioned your name, plus I was co-founder of this place ::)
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 15 January 2011, 11:23:46 »

100L will fit width wise, but not sure if its going to be too high for Bose  :-/

feeutfo

« Reply #84 on: 15 January 2011, 11:26:14 »

I paid £580 for my complete kit last year, delivered. Stag 300Plus, 80l tank, slightly higher flow multivalve, polyflex, usb lead etc.  Only extras I had to steal from KW was longer tank bolts and some coolant elbows.

Not sure if I did well on price because I mentioned your name, plus I was co-founder of this place ::)
At that sort of price I don't mind fiddling around with the odd little issue, they charged me £830 for mine with upright 60l donut tank, and had a fair bit of buggering about with kit that was actually delivered, wrong tank first off, damaged tank second time round, pipe too short to reach the spare wheel well, some fittings wrong and then the lag issue and dis interest from Tilo in any form of support etc...

But, at £580 or there a bouts I don't see any reason to complain......   For once  ;D
« Last Edit: 15 January 2011, 11:28:22 by chrisgixer »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 15 January 2011, 11:49:52 »

Right, TB, you did get a slightly bigger discount than the rest of us because of who you are... I made sure he was aware. As for tanks... A 100L tank will be as wide as Tunnies tank and 400mm diameter like mine. It will fit, although it's a PITA to do with the BOSE shelf in place... Not really an issue for you though is it? Only thing is getting the holes in the right place when mounting the frame is very hard.

Chris, yours was considerably more expensive because of the tank... Not sure if things have changed now but there was only one manufacturer of vertical toroidals at the time, hence they had the Market cornered.

As we're all going public now... I paid £650 for mine, 4hole tank, delivery, VAT etc all included. Had to buy some spreader plates, long bolts, elbows and an adaptor to go from the polyflex to the tank..
 This should have come with the tank (which was drop shipped) but didn't.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 15 January 2011, 12:07:58 »

think mine cost about £750 all in, but thats everything! Including B&B and Curry for a certain LPG expert  :y

Quickly paid back though!  :)

100L tank would be nice, but I am happy with 340-400 mile range

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 15 January 2011, 12:21:01 »

think mine cost about £750 all in, but thats everything! Including B&B and Curry for a certain LPG expert  :y

:-[ ::) was a good couple of days though! :y

I used the Figure of £700 all in for mine, it was slightly less but it's a nice round figure to work with.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 15 January 2011, 12:24:05 »

:-[ ::) was a good couple of days though! :y

I used the Figure of £700 all in for mine, it was slightly less but it's a nice round figure to work with.

Very enjoyable, if TB does his Elite have to have a BBQ again at the same time i think!

Any idea when you plan to convert?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 15 January 2011, 12:46:54 »

Right, TB, you did get a slightly bigger discount than the rest of us because of who you are... I made sure he was aware. As for tanks... A 100L tank will be as wide as Tunnies tank and 400mm diameter like mine. It will fit, although it's a PITA to do with the BOSE shelf in place... Not really an issue for you though is it? Only thing is getting the holes in the right place when mounting the frame is very hard.

Chris, yours was considerably more expensive because of the tank... Not sure if things have changed now but there was only one manufacturer of vertical toroidals at the time, hence they had the Market cornered.

As we're all going public now... I paid £650 for mine, 4hole tank, delivery, VAT etc all included. Had to buy some spreader plates, long bolts, elbows and an adaptor to go from the polyflex to the tank..
 This should have come with the tank (which was drop shipped) but didn't.
Thats where having access to someone who has had the same size tank fitted would be *really* handy, as gives a handy template.

From memory, Tunnie's was compromised with position due to width and suspension struts.  Is your 90l the same width as my 80l? Maybe 90l is a better compromise...  ...thinking about it, I can already feel the extra weight of a full tank of gas (esp if combined with a full tank of petrol), maybe 100l might be a step too far....   :-/

I try to keep the LPG tank near full - always tend to try to fill when about half full:
a) because you never know when the next opportunity will arise
b) lag issue seems worse on lower tank level.

This is why I fill mine twice a week (I could almost scrap by filling once a week - but I would have the LPGer's buttock twitch that occurs at the thought of running on petrol).

SOoooooo.....   ....should I just stick to an 80l ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.