Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Manchester explosion  (Read 8426 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: Manchester explosion
« Reply #30 on: 23 May 2017, 19:13:23 »

An awful event, god knows how many families are in bits today, what the answer to it all is heaven knows.
R.I.P.  to all  innocent victims.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 May 2017, 19:19:14 »

And this is once again why we need the borders shut right now !! and any in the country kick them out along with all their family attachments to minimise the risks.
Far to much of this political correction crap about and far to many "do gooders" about that need to wake up.

Great ISIS recruitment advertisement like Northern Ireland internment was for the IRA during the 1970s. :(

99.99999% of people in the UK aren't terrorist losers. The best way to defeat the losers is to keep calm and carry on as normal, while fully supporting our intelligence and security forces. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 May 2017, 21:03:35 »

And this is once again why we need the borders shut right now !! and any in the country kick them out along with all their family attachments to minimise the risks.
Far to much of this political correction crap about and far to many "do gooders" about that need to wake up.

Great ISIS recruitment advertisement like Northern Ireland internment was for the IRA during the 1970s. :(

99.99999% of people in the UK aren't terrorist losers. The best way to defeat the losers is to keep calm and carry on as normal, while fully supporting our intelligence and security forces. :y

Unfortunately, words and statements, like, 'defeat' and 'they won't win', etc, etc, is water off a duck's back to this scum. They will keep bombing, and bombing. If people wish to gather in solidarity, let them do so. But it will fall on deaf ears, such is the fanaticism  :(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23 May 2017, 21:58:06 »

It can be found but the media don't like it as it doesn't stir up hate!

People forget that there will likely have been Muslim security guards, police, medial staff, doctors, taxi drivers etc. They all dealt with the aftermath alongside people of all faith and ethnicity.

Radio 4 did have an interview with an Imam from Manchester this morning, and he gave a very good account of himself, I thought.

The rest of the coverage was total bilge playing straight into the hands of the terrorists, of course. >:( 
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 May 2017, 22:53:13 »

My view is that I don't feel it's right that Muslim Religious leaders should be expected to provide comment on these acts. These people are not followers of the tennents of Islam, and what the pressure into denial does is force genuine Muslims onto the same platform as these animals. All it does is reinforce the link in the public consciousness.

I don't recall a similar pressure on local Protestant priests to dissasociate themselves from the IRA.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 May 2017, 23:11:26 »

My view is that I don't feel it's right that Muslim Religious leaders should be expected to provide comment on these acts. These people are not followers of the tennents of Islam, and what the pressure into denial does is force genuine Muslims onto the same platform as these animals. All it does is reinforce the link in the public consciousness.

I don't recall a similar pressure on local Protestant priests to dissasociate themselves from the IRA.

Excellent point, however the "media" frenzy, and requirement of every living soul to make some inane comment now has the mantra "if you don't condemn it you obviously support it" firmly, and totally stupidly, attached to it.... and what the "media demands" the unthinking idiots expect ....  :(  because .. in their eyes ... the media is never wrong .. unfortunately those of us with a functioning brain cell know the media is often wrong ... :(
« Last Edit: 23 May 2017, 23:14:25 by Entwood »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 23 May 2017, 23:15:43 »

I don't quite agree Jimmy. There is confusion (and mischief makers) among the general population regarding Muslims in this country.
If leaders of the Muslim community were to take every opportunity to explain the views of the majority of Muslims it could dispel myths and ease fears for people.
I think the best thing they could do in the near future would be to organise a large "not in my name" type of march of Muslims against terrorists who claim what they are doing is in the name of Islam.
Protestant priests were never backward in coming forward to condemn the IRA, and indeed quite a lot of Catholic priests also strongly condemned them.
When I arrived in England from Norn Irn in September 79, it was just after Mountbatten had been killed, and the Warrenpoint massacre had taken place.
I didn't receive a warm welcome by some people, who would say "you paddys must all be behind them and support them blah blah...
My answer was always the same. "If we all supported them, they wouldn't need to shoot people and blow people up to try and get what they want. We could just have a vote. The fact that they do what they do, proves they don't have the support of the majority".
Most people seemed to understand this, but it cant be applied to the current situation.
Point is though, people need to know, or be brought to an understanding, that these animals are in no way representative of Islam.
If Muslims make the effort to do this, it would save a lot of fear and misunderstanding in the wider population, and lessen the impression that they are seperatists, who are among us, but not of us.
There were " not in my name" type marches organised by women from the Catholic community in Norn Irn during the troubles which imo, may have been a contributing factor in the tide starting to turn aginst the terrorists in their midst, and their campaign slowly but surely starting to wane.
The womens campaign received worldwide publicity, particularily in the U.S. and the inflow of funds  for "the cause"started to dry up.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 24 May 2017, 00:22:30 »

That won't happen as long as the likes of the Saudis and Emirates keep paying them to leave them alone :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 24 May 2017, 00:25:54 »

A bloody outrage  >:( & crime against our society.
What to do in the aftermath of this atrocity
Quickly bring in measures to detain the immediate family of the coward who did this

Freeze bank accounts & stop travel of his close friends & extended family
This has a deterant affect of anyone plannig similar outrages.
Friends & family are more likely to inform the authorites, if it means all the freedoms & privileges they enjoy in a free democricy are snatched away from them.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 24 May 2017, 10:45:12 »

Deterrent? Really? Against someone who is prepared to strap explosives to his waist, go into a crowd of young people and press the button.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 24 May 2017, 11:03:05 »

Deterrent? Really? Against someone who is prepared to strap explosives to his waist, go into a crowd of young people and press the button.

I agree,there is no deterrent against someone prepared to do that,I very much doubt his family had any idea of his thoughts,still shocking especially when my wife and daughter are off to the 02 next weekend :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

aaronjb

« Reply #41 on: 24 May 2017, 11:47:06 »

I heard a snippet from an "Analyst" this morning whose opinion was "This isn't about de-radicalisation, this is about our security services being able to foil their plots as often as possible. Anyone willing to strap a bomb to themselves and blow up children is too far gone to help."

aaronjb

« Reply #42 on: 24 May 2017, 12:34:10 »

Like all such things a senseless act of violence,I hope they find whoever was responsible.

According to US reports whoever was responsible is in lots of little pieces (suicide bombing), although how they can know that from across the atlantic when we don't know that (publicly, at least) is beyond me. Tasteless speculation or inside information, I wonder.

Apparently, inside information: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40026413

We told them. They blabbed. Let that be a lesson to us.. ::)

STEMO

« Reply #43 on: 24 May 2017, 12:42:17 »

Let's keep the threat level at critical and the troops on standby right up to the election. It makes it look like Mother Theresa is Boudicca, and that can't do her chances any harm, can it?  ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24 May 2017, 17:30:57 »

Do you know, the cynic in me thought that too.

Heard a suggestion that maybe these would be bombers might not be so keen if they knew that the consequence of their actions would be expulsion and loss of possessions of their immediate (innocent) family. Might work but i could see court cases
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.