Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "New"3.2 MV6  (Read 3671 times)

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
Re: "New"3.2 MV6
« Reply #15 on: 06 July 2014, 18:41:02 »

Nice one Al , are you stacking them up in the drive ;D I know what its like i really like the look of an estate thats on the market,Mrs says saloon would have to go........yer right!
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 July 2014, 19:38:37 »

After the  nightmare trying to get to Wolverhamton by train on Friday evening , owing to the Virgin mainline being closed at Birmingham owing to a fatality on the

line . I finally arrived at 22.50 :(    I Collected the "new" to me '04 Black MV6 saloon from Tall Paul :y

First impressions are very good all round . Seems a very well maintained car , drives great . :y

most of the major "pitfalls"  (cam belt, oil cooler, thermostat & coolant transfer pipe) have all recently be done.

Nice cold air con , very good condition door cards & interior. aftermarket Sony stereo fitted  ( that  sounds good) &  2 new front tyres

alloys good nick , Long MOT & 5 months tax :y

Slight negative points:  EML light was on as per usual for a 3.2  . . . but checked codes & only 2  showing usual lambda sensor faults . Cleared codes & light has

stayed off :o :o

Slight rust showing on one rear arch  but nothing that cannot be sorted quickly.

All in all very pleased & sincere thanks to Paul for a good deal :y :y

EDIT:  Oops ! sorry Admin  .  . meant this to go in General Car Chat  :-[ :-[

Some people are so inconsiderate to others.

But hay ho you back and with yet a new motor. Are you collecting them like a woman with shoes ::)

SWMBO says if I even think about getting  yet another omega should one come up . . .   I'm out :'( :'( :'(

Warning has been given  . . . .    ::) ::)
Tell you what Al I'll donate one to you, it's not like you love your wife ;D

omega3000

« Reply #17 on: 06 July 2014, 19:55:12 »

Wait till you try a superior 3.0 you will want one  ;)

powerslinky

« Reply #18 on: 06 July 2014, 20:08:23 »

I've had 2 ;) ;)          But have already said in past threads  that I would have another if the right one came along . thing is they are ageing fast now  :'(

My omegas , 6 in all, have been as follows in order from 1st to last 3.0 MFL elite  3.0 elite FL 2.5 MFL  elite & a 2.6 MV6  but

these 2   3.2's I have now seem quicker much quicker  than any of the others , especially the 2.6 which was def the slowest

powerslinky

« Reply #19 on: 06 July 2014, 20:12:57 »

After the  nightmare trying to get to Wolverhamton by train on Friday evening , owing to the Virgin mainline being closed at Birmingham owing to a fatality on the

line . I finally arrived at 22.50 :(    I Collected the "new" to me '04 Black MV6 saloon from Tall Paul :y

First impressions are very good all round . Seems a very well maintained car , drives great . :y

most of the major "pitfalls"  (cam belt, oil cooler, thermostat & coolant transfer pipe) have all recently be done.

Nice cold air con , very good condition door cards & interior. aftermarket Sony stereo fitted  ( that  sounds good) &  2 new front tyres

Slight negative points:  EML light was on as per usual for a 3.2  . . . but checked codes & only 2  showing usual lambda sensor faults . Cleared codes & light has

Slight rust showing on one rear arch  but nothing that cannot be sorted quickly.

But hay ho you back and with yet a new motor. Are you collecting them like a woman with shoes ::)

SWMBO says if I even think about getting  yet another omega should one come up . . .   I'm out :'( :'( :'(

:o :o I'd never find another like her  . . .  and she still scrubs up alright  :P :P

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 July 2014, 20:20:21 »

:o :o I'd never find another like her  . . .  and she still scrubs up alright  :P :P
Is that the car or the wife ;D

Tall Paul

• West Midlands
  • Missing my Omega - Regretting letting her go
    • 11 BMW 320D M sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06 July 2014, 23:21:14 »

Pleasure to meet you Al,  :y

Hope your happy with the car and all goes well mate. :y

The car served me well in the short time I had it. I'm gutted and sad I had to sell her on but I'm glad the cars staying with the OOF  ;)  :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #22 on: 06 July 2014, 23:33:14 »

I've had 2 ;) ;)          But have already said in past threads  that I would have another if the right one came along . thing is they are ageing fast now  :'(

My omegas , 6 in all, have been as follows in order from 1st to last 3.0 MFL elite  3.0 elite FL 2.5 MFL  elite & a 2.6 MV6  but

these 2   3.2's I have now seem quicker much quicker  than any of the others , especially the 2.6 which was def the slowest

Stick the lower geared dif off the 2.6 in the 3.2 and it'll go even better ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.