Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: interface both display and steering wheel support for pre-canbus kenwood  (Read 2956 times)

Ratboy

• netherlands
    • 99 opel omega caravan
    • View Profile

First of all i apologise if this post cannot be posted here but as i'm nowhere near 250 posts and someone could help me out it would be verry much appriciated. a few days ago i bought a used kenwood radio on an auctionsite. i been searching for a while to find exzacly this type. My main reason is that this type was the last one and the most expensive at the time(2009) that supports both steering and display before CANbus was used. this unit also has a parrot bluetooth module installed, dual USB,(full ipod/iphone to but i'm not a yuppy so can't care less) and external mediaplayer support(needs to be programmed) so far so good. 8)
i been looking everywhere for a stalk adapter with display support for the pre-CANbus vauxhalls. no luck anywhere. But i went on a quest to see if i could find one used or if needed customorder one(should work if you use a raspberry pi system.) i found the typenumber from the ones kenwood used to sell and googled it. After a little while i found a shop in germany france and italy that still have them in  stock for a reasonable price.
But as i like to reuse old parts as much as i can i would like if someone from the forum or a friend has a used one laying arround.
attention!!! it needs to support both display and SW. and if someone else might be interested buying one just PM me and i will pass you the info

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile

Trying to work out whether your buying or selling, and guessing neither, reading your post I'm assuming you have info on an older Kenwood HU model which may be of interest for the Omega, if that's the case post up the Model Number or Link so we can have a look.

Apologises if Ive read the post wrong.  :-\

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile

The way I read it is the OP has bought the Kenwood unit for the Omega and is just trying to source the patch lead so the steering wheel controls work.

After a little while i found a shop in germany france and italy that still have them in  stock for a reasonable price.
But as i like to reuse old parts as much as i can i would like if someone from the forum or a friend has a used one laying arround.
attention!!! it needs to support both display and SW. and if someone else might be interested buying one just PM me and i will pass you the info

I would just buy the lead as you would be lucky to find someone with just the right lead for you.

Ratboy

• netherlands
    • 99 opel omega caravan
    • View Profile

Sorry for the vocabulary, but hey i'm dutch so...
First of all i bought a used headunit a few days ago.
The headunit is a kenwood KDC-BT8044U and was manufa tured in 2009.
The reason why i had to find one of this type and year is as follows.
1. The original radio (vdo cd441xed) has a heating issue.
    When i use the radio, it works fine for about an hour, then it beeps and the MID gives a to hot message and then the radio shuts down.
2. I want to keep the steering wheel remote AND MID display connection with the new headunit and i wanted bluetooth and USB.

The issues i came accross were
1-my omega is a 99 model so no canbus yet.
2-most shops only have the stalk adapter for vauxhalls from 2004 and up. The ones i found for my car only had steering remote but no display support.

I been on the phone with kenwood and they said that since 2010 all their products have new programlanguage and this
Is not compatible with pre-canbus cars for display support
They mailed me a list with all their HU who had display support from 2005 till 2009.
2009 was also the first year they used integrated bluetooth and USB. Only 2 models had all options i wanted in a single din. They were KDC-BT8044U and KDC-BT8044UY.

Finally i found a HU on ebay last week and is on its way by post. And googleing the old kenwood modelnumber for the steering/display interface i found 3 shops in entire europe that still have the old interface as new old stock so when they are sold out you wont find new ones anymore.

But before i buy a new interface i want to know if someone here or a friend. Has an old interface laying arround and want to sell it to me.
OR if someone here would want the old style interface they can just PM me and i will pass them the link where you can buy them.

I hope its more clear now.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile

Sorry for the vocabulary, but hey i'm dutch so...

Your vocabulary is fine  :y

I hope its more clear now.

I understood it first time around  ;)

If you have found a lead compatible wit you HU at a reasonable price then I would just go with that as the chances of finding someone with the lead you need are slim at best.

Welcome to the forum BTW  :y

Ratboy

• netherlands
    • 99 opel omega caravan
    • View Profile

the interface complete (autoleads but not sold or manufactured by them anymore) that supports steering and display costs arround 50€ (about43£) and is plug and play. i nicked and translated the page for you to read

Steering wheel remote control + Opel Display Interface for Kenwood car stereo

This adapter allows your Kenwood radio with steering wheel remote control car of your Opel to use, as well as title to let Senderfrquenz etc. to display on your vehicle display. More operating comfort and safety with a steering wheel remote control. Many vehicles have built-in steering wheel buttons to control essential functions of the car radio. With this adapter, you can use this operator comfort even in connection with a car radio or a multimedia monitor. The steering wheel remote control allows you to control some functions of your car radio via the built-in steering wheel controls. Depending on the particular vehicle model can also switch the audio source in addition to the volume control or operate the station search. Please note that your car radio must be prepared for the connection of a factory steering wheel remote control. Easy installation Plug and Play.

Technical Information

Mini DIN connection. The four-pin Mini DIN connector enables addition to the transmission of the steering wheel control commands and the control of the OPEL displays. The four-pin connection contains three data lines for driving the Opel displays as well as a single-pole connection to the factory-installed steering wheel remote control. Display + steering wheel remote control is thus only with car radio via a Mini DIN connector (4-pin) have compatible
Note: Opel-screen display is at Kenwood radios from Bj. 2010 no longer supported, because the "smaller" Car Receivers models a different connection method is used. REM. CON. connection. Due to lack of display control a single data line is sufficient to control the commands of the factory steering wheel remote control to übertragen.Das pole connection cable is called REM. CON. - Which means "Remote Control" means.
Compatible radio list where both works Opel Display + steering wheel remote control

Kenwood (Series 2009 ) KDC-BT 8044 U, KDC-W 7544 U, KDC-W 7044 U, DPX 503 U, DPX 303
Kenwood (Series 2008 ) KDC-W 9537 U, KDC-W 7541 U, KDC-W 7041 U, KDC-BT 8041 U
Kenwood (Series 2007 ) KDC-W 9537 U, KDC-W 7537 U, KDC-W 808 , DPX - 501 U, DPX 701 U
Kenwood (Series 2006 ) DPX 701 U, DPX 501 U, W KDC- 808 , KDC-W 8534 , KDC-W 7534 U, KDC-W 6534 U
Kenwood (Series 2005 ) KDC-PSW 9531 , KDC-W 8531 , KDC-W 7531 , KDC-W 808 , W KDC- 707 , KDC-W 7031 , KDC-W 6531 , KDC-W 6031
Kenwood (Series 2004 ) KDC-PSW 9527 , KDC-W 8027 , KDC-W 7027 , KDC-M 907 , KDC-W 6527 SE, KDC-W 6527 , KDC-W 657 , KDC-WV 6027 , KDC-W 6027 , KMD- 6527
« Last Edit: 09 September 2015, 22:00:31 by Ratboy »

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile

Hi.have you the auto leads part number of the item that you need....

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile

Hi.have you the auto leads part number of the item that you need....

As above, this thread is going round in circles without part numbers  :y
Hoof'land storeman.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd

Easy way to stop this going round in circles then   :y

The Autoleads interface is PC99-X06   http://www.dndservices.co.uk/pc99-x06.html

The Autoleads Patch lead is PC99-KEN-DIS   http://www.dndservices.co.uk/pc99-kenwood-dis.html

We carry them in stock, available on the links shown

How many would you like ?

8)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile

Well done dnd :y::)
Hoof'land storeman.

Ratboy

• netherlands
    • 99 opel omega caravan
    • View Profile

Ok awesome, the dutch AL storesupplier here told me they did not follow the Pre canbus systems anymore. Still waiting for the used kenwood headunit to be shipped and will get back to you all. @DAVE DnD does this interface only support kenwood units upto 2009 ot also the later ones as i been told kenwood uses different connectors now and diplay would been supported thru can-bus
« Last Edit: 11 September 2015, 19:45:28 by Ratboy »

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile

Talk-about no listern,
Your head unit is the kdc-bt8044u, therefore you need one of the leads Dave-dnd has listed in his post simples, will allow steering wheel control and mid display.
Hoof'land storeman.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd

Autoleads will confirm what it does and does not support - we just sell them
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.