Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 15K Omega  (Read 2520 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
15K Omega
« on: 27 August 2020, 09:02:37 »

In this weeks Classic Car Weekly there's a 1996 Omega Elite with 33,500mls on it for sale said to be concours with no expense spared offered for £15,000. No connection to me,could it be someones on here?

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: 15K Omega
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2020, 09:51:59 »

Yes, I've seen the advert. It's in Heywood, near Bury and been for sale for a few weeks.  Looks very tidy, but 15k......?? :o :o??
Annoyingly, the seller hides the registration which, to me, does nothing to promote the advert.
Has a nice shiny sump(!!) but unless the seller has owned it from new, I'd treat the comment about never been out in the rain with some scepticism...
Maybe someone with 15k burning a hole in their pocket may be interested, but not me... I prefer facelift models anyway :y
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2020, 10:08:48 »

Wow, that is mad.

There is/was one on auto trader (3.2 elite in rarest silver) that had 75k on it for £2995, which was immaculate inside and had a very clean MOT history. I thought was decent value for what you were getting, but £15k is bonkers.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2020, 14:30:04 »

Yes, I've seen the advert. It's in Heywood, near Bury and been for sale for a few weeks.  Looks very tidy, but 15k......?? :o :o??
Annoyingly, the seller hides the registration which, to me, does nothing to promote the advert.
Has a nice shiny sump(!!) but unless the seller has owned it from new, I'd treat the comment about never been out in the rain with some scepticism...
Maybe someone with 15k burning a hole in their pocket may be interested, but not me... I prefer facelift models anyway :y

Is it Andy Beanz car?

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2020, 21:41:47 »

I hope they get it or close to it as this sort of thing generally tends to pull the "lesser" cars upwards in price which would mean mine then could potentially be worth the thick end of £50 :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2020, 22:13:12 »

I hope they get it or close to it as this sort of thing generally tends to pull the "lesser" cars upwards in price which would mean mine then could potentially be worth the thick end of £50 :D
Best fill the tank up then ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 August 2020, 10:37:02 »

Omegas are big, heavy and very thirsty but have tyres NOT tracks
so technically a car , not a tank  ;D

I see the military are considering scrapping all their Challenger and Warrior tanks to invest in cyber technology.

so maybe there is a cost effective replacement on the cards for Omega owners  :-\
buy a used tank , no more rust issues  :) though the fuel bill will be about the same  :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2020, 10:42:41 »

I see the military are considering scrapping all their Challenger and Warrior tanks to invest in cyber technology.

so maybe there is a cost effective replacement on the cards for Omega owners  :-\
buy a used tank , no more rust issues  :) though the fuel bill will be about the same  :D
::)

£75 of second hand petrol would add £25 in value to Bazas Omega, doubling its value :P
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2020, 11:10:33 »

I put brand new petrol in mine  :)
and keep a regular record of it's value

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2020, 11:34:48 »

£75 of second hand petrol would add £25 in value to Bazas Omega, doubling its value :P

I once paid £25 for the fuel in a Capri, and got the car for nothing. Which meant by the time I'd spent £75 on another engine, I was still just about ahead. I put another 100,000 miles on that car, hundreds of 1/4 mile passes and got £100 when I eventually sold it, which was mostly for the Mexico wheels.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2020, 12:51:23 »

I once paid £25 for the fuel in a Capri, and got the car for nothing. Which meant by the time I'd spent £75 on another engine, I was still just about ahead. I put another 100,000 miles on that car, hundreds of 1/4 mile passes and got £100 when I eventually sold it, which was mostly for the Mexico wheels.

What was your best time and speed?

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2020, 14:01:26 »

17.1 @ 75mph. stock 2.0l Pinto(out of a mk4 Cortina), fitted to a 1.6 four speed gearbox and 3.77 English axle, on 2.8i single-leaf springs that took a permanent set after a couple of meetings

ran on either 5.5 or borrowed 7" four spokes, with 185/60 or 70 tyres, and 205/60 on the 7s. All acquired at the legal limit, and were good for two meetings - about 30 passes.

careful use of the footbrake in the burnout pit would just about get the second wheel spinning.

Launch by slippping the clutch in at 3000rpm, change into 2nd and third at 6700, fourth was about 7100 at the finish line. My friend, who owned the 7" wheels, would dump the clutch at 5000rpm and change at the same revs as above. Which was noticeably harder on the car, but made no difference to the times. His mk1 3.0l almost broke into the 15s. Almost ;D

This was my road car, and did 500 miles a week getting to work from June to October. Plus the usual stupidity of a 22 year old man. In four years I had to change the axle when a half-shaft twisted - although I did drive it home from Santa Pod - and it needed a new clutch about 60,000 miles after we fitted the engine. And that was the one the Capri came with.....

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2020, 20:17:01 »

Damn I just knew there'd have to be a catch to increasing its value :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 August 2020, 13:45:19 »

17.1 @ 75mph. stock 2.0l Pinto(out of a mk4 Cortina), fitted to a 1.6 four speed gearbox and 3.77 English axle, on 2.8i single-leaf springs that took a permanent set after a couple of meetings

ran on either 5.5 or borrowed 7" four spokes, with 185/60 or 70 tyres, and 205/60 on the 7s. All acquired at the legal limit, and were good for two meetings - about 30 passes.

careful use of the footbrake in the burnout pit would just about get the second wheel spinning.

Launch by slippping the clutch in at 3000rpm, change into 2nd and third at 6700, fourth was about 7100 at the finish line. My friend, who owned the 7" wheels, would dump the clutch at 5000rpm and change at the same revs as above. Which was noticeably harder on the car, but made no difference to the times. His mk1 3.0l almost broke into the 15s. Almost ;D

This was my road car, and did 500 miles a week getting to work from June to October. Plus the usual stupidity of a 22 year old man. In four years I had to change the axle when a half-shaft twisted - although I did drive it home from Santa Pod - and it needed a new clutch about 60,000 miles after we fitted the engine. And that was the one the Capri came with.....

Not bad for something so agricultural. ;)

I would like to take the mighty Signum 2.8T down the strip at Santa Pod.

I think it would run high 14's or low 15's.......at at 9O-95MPH.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 August 2020, 13:55:55 »

Not bad for something so agricultural. ;)

I would like to take the mighty Signum 2.8T down the strip at Santa Pod.

I think it would run high 14's or low 15's.......at at 9O-95MPH.

If you manage low 16s and 85MPH I 'll be impressed. That takes more abuse than most owners are prepared for, especially in FWD cars.

Leaf springs are actually pretty good for low power applications.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.