Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 stud wheels???  (Read 2220 times)

Turk

• Omega Baron
  • Llanelli, Wales
    • 2.5td, H-D XL1200
    • View Profile
Re: 5 stud wheels???
« Reply #15 on: 23 January 2007, 14:00:56 »

Yes that's it, but I had to drill out lower bolt hole to accept a cammed bolt, as the was no pivotal adjustment. How much were the cars you did this week lowered by ?

I still have the original tyres if you want to see the wear. Totally trashed on the inside edge. Done about 15k with an nice even wear pattern until I lowered the car. Within 1k they were down to the wire, front and rear, like the worst case of bad tracking you've ever seen. (Yes I know, poor on my part.  Just didn't expect that amount of wear so quickly..ah well, ya live 'n' learn !!).

When I was booking the car in to have the camber adjusted I had to describe the kit I had fitted as they were adamant there was no camber adjustment as the standard settings for the Omega B was on the computer program for the geometric laser system they used, with a note advising CAMBER AND CASTOR NOT ADJUSTABLE...TRACKING ONLY.

There's a pic of the rear bush kit at:
http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Cavalier_Suspension.html

As for the MV6 running 235/45-17. You're right, that's what I used to ensure the radius was correct. A change in rolling radius would affect gear ratios and the speedo would not be accurate but that's about it. Camber adjustment was as a result of lowering the car.    

You could fitted 18" rims with 245/35's and the rolling radius would be the same as the 15" rims with 205/65's as per the standard 2.5td.

(One day I'll get my post/replies down to a few lines !!!)
Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks it's head out of the window of a moving car.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.