Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Heater died  (Read 2418 times)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: Heater died
« Reply #15 on: 18 November 2010, 15:53:26 »

:-?  can't see how a pollen filter could possibly stop your heaters working.  :-/

I was wondering that - unless there is a sensor that detects poor airflow and shuts the system down, like teh VAG ones, or more likely, something was "disturbed" whilst fitting the filter and has burst back into life.

Either way, I think I would be keeping a close eye on it over the next few days

:-/
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 November 2010, 16:09:32 »

I suppose a very badly blocked filter would stop airflow and give the impression that the fans were not working as there would be no flow... but I would have thought you would still hear the fans turning ???

Without airflow there would, certainly, be no heat, but this would, IMHO, occur slowly over time as the filter blocked, not as reported, as a sudden stop.

Puzzled of Wiltshire on this one .. :(

Welung666

« Reply #17 on: 18 November 2010, 16:33:10 »

I suppose a chunk of the pollen filter could have fallen into the fan mechanism and stopped it, other than that I wouldn't have thought a blocked filter would have stopped the fans.

Kneepad

• Omega Knight
  • West Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 November 2010, 18:01:12 »

I suppose a chunk of the pollen filter could have fallen into the fan mechanism and stopped it, other than that I wouldn't have thought a blocked filter would have stopped the fans.

Yes, but what's the chances of that happening?
I can't see the filter just shredding a lump off of itself and committing Hari Kari.   ;D

FoxyV6

« Reply #19 on: 18 November 2010, 20:11:59 »

my mechanic said he tested all the fans and they where all working fine , the only thing he twiddled with was the heater buttons, turning them from lo to hi and putting the air con on, everything was off this morning as i tried it yet again (no blowing coming out of the blowers) and yet on picking the car up they are now working. he changed the filter as a matter of course but tbh i think even he was stumped as everything was working ok when he had a look. i wasnt complaining as they now work and i can see out the windscreen lol, but he said any more probs to drop by. total charge for work zero so im not complaining :y

you watch it'll go tits up again after a few days, i must admit its a bit of a bloody mystery to everyone involved. maybe my cars threw a stroppy cos i was thinking about selling it (not now though lol)
« Last Edit: 18 November 2010, 20:19:30 by FoxyV6 »

Welung666

« Reply #20 on: 18 November 2010, 20:23:32 »

Yes, but what's the chances of that happening?
I can't see the filter just shredding a lump off of itself and committing Hari Kari.   ;D

You can't say that, you don't know it's circumstances! ;) :P ;D ;D ;D

Kneepad

• Omega Knight
  • West Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 November 2010, 20:24:15 »

maybe my cars threw a stroppy cos i was thinking about selling it

Well that explains it then, why didn't you say that sooner?   ;D

FoxyV6

« Reply #22 on: 18 November 2010, 20:25:01 »

;D ;D ;D

Kneepad

• Omega Knight
  • West Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 November 2010, 20:33:11 »

See Mr Welung, I knew it couldn't be a manic depressive suicidal pollen filter.  ;)

FoxyV6

« Reply #24 on: 07 December 2010, 17:07:51 »

Bit of an update on this saga. my heater has decided that it will now come on and go off when it wants to. i definitely think theres a short somewhere. but ive bought another motor off lee just in case. im starting to feel like an ice pop driving around now.  ::) cant wait to get this sorted, which will no doubt be when the weather suddenly becomes too hot for me to need the heater :o
« Last Edit: 07 December 2010, 17:08:23 by FoxyV6 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.