Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CCRT 700 wiring  (Read 2123 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
CCRT 700 wiring
« on: 21 August 2007, 22:26:48 »

Cutting a long story short, I had to remove the radio to get the chassis number .. that problem now fixed, but the radio came out complete with DIN cage which at some point has been well and truly "bodged", bent and distorted bits all over the place.

I am now having serious problems getting it to fit back in, mainly due to a huge adaptor loom between the original plugs and the DIN cage, which is preventing the thing going all the way back in .. it sits proud by about 3/8ths" .... the ONLY difference between the original wires and the adaptor are an additional 4 wires, 2 of which splice into existing cables, the other 2 go to seperate sockets on the "top" connector.

Question ... does anyone have any idea what these are for ?? I've tried the system without the adaptor and all seems to work fine, so I'm tempted to cut off these extra wires and remove the adaptor completely. The only thing I can think of is the traffic master that has been fitted ??  Does this sound likely ??

Any thoughts / ideas gratefully accepted

Entwood
« Last Edit: 21 August 2007, 22:28:11 by entwood »

Tafty

• Liverpool
  • This week I am no longer the owner of a miggy!! :(
    • View Profile
Re: CCRT 700 wiring
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2007, 01:49:17 »

Cutting a long story short, I had to remove the radio to get the chassis number .. that problem now fixed, but the radio came out complete with DIN cage which at some point has been well and truly "bodged", bent and distorted bits all over the place.

I am now having serious problems getting it to fit back in, mainly due to a huge adaptor loom between the original plugs and the DIN cage, which is preventing the thing going all the way back in .. it sits proud by about 3/8ths" .... the ONLY difference between the original wires and the adaptor are an additional 4 wires, 2 of which splice into existing cables, the other 2 go to seperate sockets on the "top" connector.

Question ... does anyone have any idea what these are for ?? I've tried the system without the adaptor and all seems to work fine, so I'm tempted to cut off these extra wires and remove the adaptor completely. The only thing I can think of is the traffic master that has been fitted ??  Does this sound likely ??

Entwood

Pics would be good if you can post em up.  May get more joy as people seem to respond better to photos  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2007, 05:48:28 »

The only thing I can think of is the traffic master that has been fitted ??  Does this sound likely ??

Entwood

Your theory sounds spot on to me. I removed the Traffic Master from mine years ago partly cos I knew I'd not use it, & also the fact that the adapter loom on mine wasn't the correct one for the CCRT700 ie it wouldn't clip into the back of the radio cage.

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2007, 09:17:47 »

The only thing I can think of is the traffic master that has been fitted ??  Does this sound likely ??

Entwood

Your theory sounds spot on to me. I removed the Traffic Master from mine years ago partly cos I knew I'd not use it, &  also the fact that the adapter loom on mine wasn't the correct one for the CCRT700 ie it wouldn't clip into the back of the radio cage.          

Sounds like a common problem , My 99 Elite is the same, wrong plug  :-/

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2007, 10:46:23 »

Thanks for the ideas .. piccy attached as requested .. I can confirm that the adaptor plug does not fit the cage correctly, the cage has been bodged to fit :(, there is also quite a lot of other cutting and joining as can be seen, the 4 extra wires are those on the right, I'm hoping to just cut and tape these out of the way to remove the adaptor and let the whole thing fit a lot better. If it removes the "traffic master subscription expired" blather as well it can only be a good thing !!

« Last Edit: 22 August 2007, 10:51:26 by entwood »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2007, 18:21:20 »

The CCRT700 cage is slightly different from others but doesn't cost much c£6 IIRC The reason that cars with this radio have the wrong adapter lead fitted is probably due to cost. If the supplying dealer could save the £160  :o when it fitted Traffic Master, it would.

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2007, 17:32:21 »

yep remove that adapter plug its for the traffic master pian in the arse to get back when head unit has been removed !!!  :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2007, 21:08:30 »

yep remove that adapter plug its for the traffic master pian in the arse to get back when head unit has been removed !!!  :y

Thanks for that .. will attack with snips tomorrow, hopefully the radio will then go back in snugly .. my only concern is the "original" plugs seem quite loose when in as the cage no longer supports them .. but I think I can cable-tie them in securely enough.

Thanks again :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 August 2007, 21:37:21 »

Thanks for that .. will attack with snips tomorrow, hopefully the radio will then go back in snugly .. my only concern is the "original" plugs seem quite loose when in as the cage no longer supports them .. but I think I can cable-tie them in securely enough.

Thanks again :)

The Traffic Master unit isn't far away, so no need to use your snips. :y The cage isn't expensive to replace.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.