Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done today during lockdown?  (Read 70573 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done today during lockdown?
« Reply #120 on: 18 April 2020, 18:29:01 »

Some of my tools were long overdue a good clean, and the recent spannering on the omega haven't helped. So, I found this machine hiding under the kitchen sink ....

I do this to mine occasionally.  But when they come out, just lightly oil them.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 18 April 2020, 18:30:05 »

Finally, I got around to modifying one of the 3d printers to make bed levelling easier and quicker.  I might actually bother to level it more often now ;D

I've only had the bloody thing 3yrs, and its bugged me from day 1!
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #122 on: 18 April 2020, 22:16:06 »

Today, during lockdown, I took my dog out for a walk...twice. No shopping today so I was a bit bored this aft. When the elderly neighbour I shop for rang to say she was trying to change the belt on her hoover (she's 87  :o), and she couldn't get one of the screws out, I was quite pleased, and I grabbed my screwdriver set and went along.
The vacuum was about 100 years old , the screws holding the cover on were rusted to hell and she'd made a nice, round hole in the head of it with her rusty, bent old screwdriver. 'That's not coming out' I thought'I'll try and free the brush up a bit'. So I took out about a million hairs, some of them had been in there that long that they weren't even grey  ;D The brush seemed quite free, so I plugged it in and switched on. BANG! Everything went off. opps! Where's the fuse box? Down the cellar, I'll have to move all this stuff.
By now I was beginning to wish she hadn't phoned and, by the looks she was giving me, she was beginning to wish she hadn't phoned. I went down the cellar, flicked the trip switch, told her that her hoover was f**ked and went home. A good hours work  :-[

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 18 April 2020, 22:17:36 »

Today, during lockdown, I took my dog out for a walk...twice. No shopping today so I was a bit bored this aft. When the elderly neighbour I shop for rang to say she was trying to change the belt on her hoover (she's 87  :o), and she couldn't get one of the screws out, I was quite pleased, and I grabbed my screwdriver set and went along.
The vacuum was about 100 years old , the screws holding the cover on were rusted to hell and she'd made a nice, round hole in the head of it with her rusty, bent old screwdriver. 'That's not coming out' I thought'I'll try and free the brush up a bit'. So I took out about a million hairs, some of them had been in there that long that they weren't even grey  ;D The brush seemed quite free, so I plugged it in and switched on. BANG! Everything went off. opps! Where's the fuse box? Down the cellar, I'll have to move all this stuff.
By now I was beginning to wish she hadn't phoned and, by the looks she was giving me, she was beginning to wish she hadn't phoned. I went down the cellar, flicked the trip switch, told her that her hoover was f**ked and went home. A good hours work  :-[

I hope you maintained social distancing with all that pulava! ;D
« Last Edit: 18 April 2020, 22:23:09 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 18 April 2020, 22:37:47 »

she'll have to get some £50 notes from under the mattress now and buy a new one  :-X
at least you tried  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 21 April 2020, 17:39:49 »

Some usb adapters that I ordered from chinaland ages ago arrived today, but needed a chat with the grinder to fit the use I had for them - fitting a radio control transmitter.  Being too idle to go outside, I test flew the little drone, a Mavic Mini, around the lounge, dining room, kitchen and hall from my armchair....

...then promptly fly into a doorframe.

Tomorrow might involve getting the White Gloss  out ;D
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 21 April 2020, 22:18:48 »

Saved £90 by shopping round for renewing insurance on the 960 :y

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 22 April 2020, 05:09:52 »

Doings lots of tidying up around the house, also some external maintenance, clearing roof gutters, cleaning moss of roof slates. Removed old tin shed and have another shed arriving tomorrow, stripped the grass from garden ready for putting down artificial grass, received a ton of sand at roadside last week, had to bag that all up and into front garden. Extending the rear garden patio so finished yesterday building formwork for concrete base (not using sand), put new galvanised steel borders in. After I have put the shed up done the lawn and paving then will be to rip out 3 fence posts, repairs existing fence panels and put in new posts. So not been that busy really. Been pretty ruthless clearing stuff out and binning it. Just waiting on materials most of the stuff for the patio on on 11 May, Shed tomorrow, artificial grass and weed barrier by end of this week, have everything else.

And to top that have been suffering with gum infection, over four weeks, on pain killers for over two and a half weeks, had enough come Sunday morning and seven days after my first call to 111, called 111 after talking to several people eventually got an emergency appointment, now on anti-biotics, Happy Days, had the appointment in Charlton, only took me 12 minutes to drive there, normally it could take between 30/40 minutes.

Anyway that's what I have been up to during the lockdown in between working from home. 

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 22 April 2020, 10:33:07 »

This is just what every corporate home worker needs!  :y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCWgVF-zKV8

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 22 April 2020, 10:57:41 »

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 22 April 2020, 14:35:58 »

Walked the dog as usual then back for breakfast, cut my hair simple 0 all over, took a shower bit of  work on the Range Rover then cleaned all downstairs windows, lunch then Scrabble this afternoon, never know how I found time to go to work !😎
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 23 April 2020, 08:57:28 »

Various bits so far, started painting the soffits and facias outside, 1/3 done and a section of Facia replaced, all had two coats undercoat and two coats gloss after proper prep. Got the high gable end to do next, maybe at the weekend.

Sprayed up the prepared Tractor bonnet and cowl, then noticed a paint run so will have to do them again this weekend.

Lots of bits completed for the cab of the train, head code box all but repaired and ready to varnish, window surrounds stripped back to bare mahogany and varnished, cab trim panels cleaned up and found the Melomine covering is scrap. A close match found and ordered, need to make new back sheets for them to bond to.

Massive tidy up in the front and rear gardens, started cleaning the paving but the pressure washer hose split, new one ordered.

Lots of servicing and work on the model trains, finding basic design errors in ESU Loksound decoders is never a good thing but, means I should be able to repair them

« Last Edit: 23 April 2020, 09:00:20 by Marks DTM Calib »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 23 April 2020, 10:03:24 »

Various bits so far, started painting the soffits and facias outside, 1/3 done and a section of Facia replaced, all had two coats undercoat and two coats gloss after proper prep. Got the high gable end to do next, maybe at the weekend.

Sprayed up the prepared Tractor bonnet and cowl, then noticed a paint run so will have to do them again this weekend.

Lots of bits completed for the cab of the train, head code box all but repaired and ready to varnish, window surrounds stripped back to bare mahogany and varnished, cab trim panels cleaned up and found the Melomine covering is scrap. A close match found and ordered, need to make new back sheets for them to bond to.

Massive tidy up in the front and rear gardens, started cleaning the paving but the pressure washer hose split, new one ordered.

Lots of servicing and work on the model trains, finding basic design errors in ESU Loksound decoders is never a good thing but, means I should be able to repair them

Wow all that before 9am!  :y

You must get up before you go to bed.  :P  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 25 April 2020, 10:13:16 »

Was "given" some Intel NUCs from work a year or 2 back, for some specific software training.  As I am no longer doing that training, I shall spend the weekend putting Windows on them.

7th gen i7 (mobile spec, sadly), 32Gb, 500Gb NVMe and 500Gb SSD, should be a bit better than my ageing desktops :)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 25 April 2020, 10:15:14 »

Although I'm torn, as the 3 desktops here, excluding Media Centre, are older quad cored i5, where as the 7th gen mobile i7 is 2C/4T.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 42   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.