Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Phone unlocking  (Read 4085 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Phone unlocking
« on: 06 December 2014, 19:25:08 »

As per question really, the phone in question is an iphone 5c is locked on EE but we want it on O2/Tesco. Miss Vamps has been on  google and it seems to sugest that it is easily done by downloading something?  :-\ :-\

Anyone confirm this please, or do we need a phone shop? :)

4x4

Re: Phone unlocking
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2014, 19:37:03 »

I was under the impression that you did a factory reset on itunes,removed sim and insert new sim,but i could be wrong.

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 December 2014, 19:41:32 »

You need to contact EE and they contact Apple who release the lock within a few days. Should cost nothing.

I had exactly the same with my 4S with Vodafone. Once out of contact, they are obliged to unlock the phone by law as you then own the phone, not the phone company.

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 December 2014, 19:47:14 »

You need to contact EE and they contact Apple who release the lock within a few days. Should cost nothing.

I had exactly the same with my 4S with Vodafone. Once out of contact, they are obliged to unlock the phone by law as you then own the phone, not the phone company.

EE, (including Orange and T-Mobile), locks all of its handsets and does not allow them to be unlocked until 6 months after activation. The company then charges £20.42 for unlocking, which can take up to 10 days.

The Sheriff

« Reply #4 on: 06 December 2014, 19:47:40 »

Or take it down the market and get the nice.......asian....to unlock it for you. £10 or thereabouts.

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2014, 19:47:56 »

Maybe try something like this Link Used ebay to unlock a Moto E few weeks back it did work for something like £1.50 using the IMEI :y

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 December 2014, 20:20:13 »

Or take it down the market and get the nice.......asian....to unlock it for you. £10 or thereabouts.

May well be the best idea............. :y :y

Thanks for all thoughts though, Miss Vamps is looking further into it, keeping her quiet anyway........ ;D ;D ;)

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 December 2014, 21:24:21 »

May well be the best idea............. :y :y

Thanks for all thoughts though, Miss Vamps is looking further into it, keeping her quiet anyway........ ;D ;D ;)

All the nice person down the market will do is get hold of their dodgy contact at the provider and do the same as you would do for free by contacting them direct.

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 December 2014, 01:38:47 »

I phones have to be done through the current service provider and Apple......
best wishes
Simon.

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 December 2014, 08:38:29 »

I've been around this loop recently and the other satisfactory long term solution is to have EE do it for you.

Steve
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

AndyRoid

• Hants
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 December 2014, 11:34:20 »

The original contract holder will have to contact EE to request the unlock, and the unlock will take place the next time the phone is connected to iTunes (after the unlock has been processed).

The handset will also need to be de-registered from iTunes.

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 January 2015, 23:35:31 »

Well this has been a nightmare.............. >:( >:(

Shops charge £85 for EE, so we went direct x 3, even from an EE shop, and still no luck, latest is the phone has to be active for 6 months before they will unlock.......... :-X :-X

Long story short, for the sake of my pocket, average call to EE as been around £10 and at least 4 made, no use of contract that I am paying for, + topping up EE for them to take their money to unlock, but then they tool £10 for a call package.............. >:( >:(

We have agreed that I will take over her contract, change to my number, as I am PAYG and we will carry on with EE till the 6 months is up............ ::) ::)

Never again will I buy a phone from one of these modern Pawn Shops............. ::) ::)

Do you want to know the worst of it all is.....................swmbo was 'Right' and she does like to remind me of that............... :'( :'(

AndyRoid

• Hants
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 January 2015, 09:11:40 »

We have agreed that I will take over her contract, change to my number, as I am PAYG and we will carry on with EE till the 6 months is up............ ::) ::)
If EE are like all the other providers, you won't be able to have her contract and keep your own number (whatever your contract states is what will apply to the new SIM card)

Never again will I buy a phone from one of these modern Pawn Shops............. ::) ::)
It's only Apple that make you jump through those hoops, buy an Android handset and the unlock code is generated via the IMEI number.

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 January 2015, 22:36:32 »

If EE are like all the other providers, you won't be able to have her contract and keep your own number (whatever your contract states is what will apply to the new SIM card)

It's only Apple that make you jump through those hoops, buy an Android handset and the unlock code is generated via the IMEI number.

Yes, I can, the contract she is on is Tesco, and as it is me who pays, it is in my name. Having spoken to them they are happy to put my number onto the sim, just need my 'pack code'. Then in 3 months time either, put her back on Tesco and me return to payg or leave me on that and get an EE contract, not really bothered as long as I can 'cap' the bill....... ;) :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 January 2015, 09:57:09 »

For iphones, don't fanny around with hacks and jailbreaks to unlock, get an official unlock from the provider its locked to.

The former tend to cause problems down the line.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.