Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Drink Driving  (Read 5506 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Drink Driving
« on: 08 December 2014, 12:00:08 »

Hi all....

Sorry to post this video, but as its that time of year again, I think we all need to be wholly aware of what
drink driving can do. If we are honest, we have all done it at some time in our lives (us older ones did not have breatherlisers to contend with in our early days) Scroll to bottom for video......
Mods....if you think not appropriate, or to heavy, please remove :y

http://www.middevongazette.co.uk/VIDEO-Devon-police-officer/story-25153707-detail/story.html
« Last Edit: 08 December 2014, 12:03:53 by terbert »
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: Drink Driving
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2014, 12:07:18 »

Should be played in every school and collage once a week.
Also on prime time TV  :y

And opps the tree hugging, liberal human rights type idiots who infest our country

AndyRoid

• Hants
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2014, 12:15:41 »

Should be played in every school and collage once a week.
Also on prime time TV  :y
Remember the Green Cross Code advert in the 70's?

I can't be arsed to look the numbers up, but I'll bet that nowhere near as many people got ran over then as what they do now.

aaronjb

btc

• Intermediate Member
  • Burgess Hill
  • Medium black pussy
    • XF 2.0d r sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 December 2014, 15:13:44 »

Drink drive limit should be zero I have and will do again reported drink drivers my best mate from school got knocked down and killed by a drink driver we both survived a very bad 6 month tour in N.I in1987 for some dick driving when pissed to knock him down and drive off luckily there was a witness who got the reg number

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 December 2014, 16:15:01 »

32 people already  charged with Drink or Drug Driving offences in the West Midlands in the first week of the annual Police offensive....
Don't know what the usual  numbers are but not a good start!
best wishes
Simon.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #6 on: 08 December 2014, 16:25:29 »

We did 12 on Saturday!!!!  :o :o :o

AndyRoid

• Hants
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 December 2014, 16:41:13 »

Drink drive limit should be zero
I don't know about zero, but there would be no harm in following suit with Scotland (and the rest of Europe) and bringing it down to 50 microgrammes per 100ml of breath as that's not enough to impair anybody IMHO and would still leave room for those who have eaten food that has been prepared with alcohol or indeed have had a couple of pints the night before.

A good idea would be for the public to have access to the same handheld device the police have so the driver can test themselves beforehand. Granted they aren't 100% accurate (for evidential purposes anyway), but it would give the driver a good idea of whether they can get behind the wheel or not.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #8 on: 08 December 2014, 16:51:01 »

the public to have access to the same handheld device the police have

Lol  ;D Suppliers Lion would be rubbing their hands, they cost about £500 each & have to be re-calibrated every month, nice idea though. Although some 'twonks' will just use em to see 'how much they can drink before their over' if you know what I mean.

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 December 2014, 16:58:15 »

I think zero is a bit of a minefield......The answer is so so simple,,nominated drivers that take turns to do the driving and then we can all enjoy the occasion ...Grab a cab.....As someone has said we have all maybe done it at some time or another.But is it that difficult not to drink when driving..if so then those that do are so sad and cant have a life...So to those who do....get a life..dont take one away...let alone the grief  that it causes to all families involved including yours .. >:( :y

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #10 on: 08 December 2014, 17:10:12 »

http://www.breathalyserdirect.co.uk/Lion_Breathalyser_500.htm

Thought I wasn't far off on price, expensive piece of kit really!  :o

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #11 on: 08 December 2014, 17:44:04 »

32 people already  charged with Drink or Drug Driving offences in the West Midlands in the first week of the annual Police offensive....

That is the same amount arrested for DD by Kent Police during the first week of December. >:(

One was a 15 year-old boy from Greenhithe who was arrested at 4:10am on 7 December. He was later charged with vehicle theft, drink-driving, driving with no insurance and driving without a licence. :o :o :o
« Last Edit: 08 December 2014, 17:47:23 by Lizzie Zoom »

The Sheriff

« Reply #12 on: 08 December 2014, 17:56:00 »

That is the same amount arrested for DD by Kent Police during the first week of December. >:(

One was a 15 year-old boy from Greenhithe who was arrested at 4:10am on 7 December. He was later charged with vehicle theft, drink-driving, driving with no insurance and driving without a licence. :o :o :o
15 years old you say? Well....that lot must be worth at least a 12 month supervision order. >:(

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #13 on: 08 December 2014, 17:58:49 »

I don't understand why anyone going out for drinks doesn't use a cab to get home. Ok so if you don't want to spend on a cab going out, take your car, leave it and then get a mate to give you a lift later the next day to go and get it.
Im going out tomorrow night for a pre chrimbo drink/curry with a few neighbours.....its local where we are going so will probably walk....but if it wasn't....and it was a £10 cab fare say....four of you in the cab that's £3 each!! Loose change!! But even if your on your own....£10-£15 sounds like a good deal against risking losing your licence for at least a year!!

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 December 2014, 18:29:56 »

I don't understand why anyone going out for drinks doesn't use a cab to get home. Ok so if you don't want to spend on a cab going out, take your car, leave it and then get a mate to give you a lift later the next day to go and get it.
Im going out tomorrow night for a pre chrimbo drink/curry with a few neighbours.....its local where we are going so will probably walk....but if it wasn't....and it was a £10 cab fare say....four of you in the cab that's £3 each!! Loose change!! But even if your on your own....£10-£15 sounds like a good deal against risking losing your licence for at least a year!!

unless the taxi driver is a rapist!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.