Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The best thing to happen to the Chiltern Slug  (Read 4185 times)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: The best thing to happen to the Chiltern Slug
« Reply #30 on: 05 March 2015, 18:40:16 »

Andy, that looks like 57604 Pendennis Castle.

They call them body snatchers as they were originally a class 47 loco (in the case of the above 47209) built in the early/mid 60's.

What happened was that Brush re-engined them with second hand 2 stroke V12 EMD 645-F3B diesel engines (as this worked out less than a third the price of a new loco at circa £300k).

There are a fair few about as well and virgin used to have a fleet of them named the 'Thunderbirds' with names such as TinTin and Scott Tracy (my lad got to fire TinTin up at Railfest a few years ago) for recovering failed electrics and Pretendoleno drags in north wales.
Yes - Pendennis Castle.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Taxi_Driver

Re: The best thing to happen to the Chiltern Slug
« Reply #31 on: 07 March 2015, 17:25:56 »

Yes, as with a few of the Italian airports, they double up as military bases (they do the same in Brasil to),

But yes, Pisa is a dump, had to go quite a few times as we had a development unit based at Pisa University......along with a factory in Naples (another dump), office in Genova, Rome, Latina, Milan and Florence. So loads of Italian travel!

I went there once, about 20years ago, stayed in a £130/night hotel, so that the receptionist would speak English.....docks down the road and a brothel opposite  :o :o So, yes, I agree and seems it hasn't changed much over the years.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.