Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stainless cat back ?  (Read 2161 times)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Stainless cat back ?
« on: 16 February 2017, 21:51:28 »

Im looking to get a fitted stainless steel cat back exhaust , maybe exit either side but has anyone got a recommendation for a make or place where they make and fit them ( Northamptonshire/Leicestershire ). Also any guide as to what the price would be  :y
Omegatitis

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
Re: Stainless cat back ?
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2017, 22:09:09 »

Jetex used to be recommended on OOF, Not sure if they still are or not the best option available out there now. Full Jetex: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110833233555

I've got a stainless 2-1 with one centre silencer, I was going to get the whole Jetex but couldn't justify the cost. But wasn't completely happy with the way the car sounded. So tried a straight pipe from the centre silancer (no back box) was fun for awhile but not good for cruising... The drone never gave me a headache but it was tiring.

So bought a Jetex back box and it's been like that for almost a year now no issues, Sounds good and looks good to me anyway. This back box: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/300606283576?_mwBanner=1 I didn't pay this much I bought mine directly from Jetex but can't find it on their site now.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2017, 22:11:14 by Mr.OmegaMan »

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2017, 19:51:46 »

Jetex used to be recommended on OOF, Not sure if they still are or not the best option available out there now. Full Jetex: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110833233555

I've got a stainless 2-1 with one centre silencer, I was going to get the whole Jetex but couldn't justify the cost. But wasn't completely happy with the way the car sounded. So tried a straight pipe from the centre silancer (no back box) was fun for awhile but not good for cruising... The drone never gave me a headache but it was tiring.

So bought a Jetex back box and it's been like that for almost a year now no issues, Sounds good and looks good to me anyway. This back box: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/300606283576?_mwBanner=1 I didn't pay this much I bought mine directly from Jetex but can't find it on their site now.

I doubt you will get a Jetex now, I enquired about four years ago and there weren`t any in stock and would only make another run if enough orders were placed.
Jetex would be my No1 choice, SJC was considering selling his at one point and would be a good second hand buy, fit and finish is superb and the tone is just right  ;)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 February 2017, 20:47:44 »

Spotted this on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361540446756 

Might be worth looking into.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2017, 21:38:45 »

Had a email back from profusion exhausts but they want to get the car in to have a look and design a bespoke one ... think they start from £400 but fitting is in Lundun  ::)  It mite be worth the trip going by all the reviews on the site but that link to the ebay one looks ok  ;)
Omegatitis

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2017, 21:53:31 »

It took me ages but finally found a used jetex stainless system on eBay so they do pop up now and then, don't think I'd like to pay the full retail price!

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 February 2017, 22:03:00 »

It took me ages but finally found a used jetex stainless system on eBay so they do pop up now and then, don't think I'd like to pay the full retail price!

They are worth the money though and you know they have had proper R&D, Jetex were recommended by Blydenstein.

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2017, 22:06:54 »

Had a email back from profusion exhausts but they want to get the car in to have a look and design a bespoke one ... think they start from £400 but fitting is in Lundun  ::)  It mite be worth the trip going by all the reviews on the site but that link to the ebay one looks ok  ;)

Mine is a profusion back box. It sounds great not boy racer  and not to loud at speed.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 February 2017, 22:11:23 »

I still have a catback exhaust system that I had built for my Omega, which fits the Irmscher twin exit kitted rear bumper perfectly, it was built with performance in mind and worked perfectly... and sounded fantastic too...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 February 2017, 23:13:22 »

Im looking to get a fitted stainless steel cat back exhaust , maybe exit either side but has anyone got a recommendation for a make or place where they make and fit them ( Northamptonshire/Leicestershire ). Also any guide as to what the price would be  :y
got mine booked in at long life Peterborough
they going to build like factory system 2x mid section then go to back box back box with twin exit to suit irmscher bumper

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 February 2017, 23:22:27 »

got mine booked in at long life Peterborough
they going to build like factory system 2x mid section then go to back box back box with twin exit to suit irmscher bumper

Hi serek , will be interested in how that all goes and what price it all comes to when its all done  ;)
Omegatitis

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 February 2017, 01:37:27 »

Long Life are pretty good, you can also specify your spec, Performance, noise level etc.

Is your for Saloon or Estate, may be able to help with a second hand one.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 February 2017, 14:19:24 »

There is a Dutch member who fitted one of those, was in the gallery section, at that price just buy it, and get young bear to fit it,
It's a very well made system that's also twin box like O.E..I f I had the money I'd buy one tomorrow. :y
Hoof'land storeman.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 February 2017, 16:22:16 »

Long Life are pretty good, you can also specify your spec, Performance, noise level etc.

Is your for Saloon or Estate, may be able to help with a second hand one.

Send me a pm zirk of details about the exhaust and price ect  ;)  ps.. its a saloon .

There is a Dutch member who fitted one of those, was in the gallery section, at that price just buy it, and get young bear to fit it,
It's a very well made system that's also twin box like O.E..I f I had the money I'd buy one tomorrow. :y

Tis tempting imust say , wonder how much serek is paying for his system  :)
Omegatitis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.