Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sat nav question  (Read 1213 times)

FatNick

• Slough
    • View Profile
sat nav question
« on: 30 June 2007, 15:41:34 »

Hi all
I'm new to this forum (joined today) and wanted to ask a question about my sat nav. The car I have is a late 2000 Elite with the NCDC 2013 unit in, and wanted to know where I might be able to get a more uptodate sat nav cd for it. The one that is in the car is a copy and I have no idea how old it is and I have already found it a bit lacking. Any help would be much appreciated.
Nick.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: sat nav question
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2007, 20:23:50 »

The obvious answer is dealer.

We do not allow discussion of acquiring copyright material illegally, but I guess it could be easily found on net somewhere...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2007, 20:24:42 »

Actually, I think you can buy from the mapping company, but can't remember if NCDC uses Teleatlas or Navteq
« Last Edit: 30 June 2007, 20:24:52 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

FatNick

• Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 July 2007, 01:08:53 »

The disc that came in my car, as I have said is a copy and someone has written on it 'navteq', but that is all, I am not after another "copy", I want a proper navteq disc. The problem is, is that when I checked out the navteq site for year 2000 Omega it is just an empty page. For 1999 and 2001 there are lists of disc that can be purchased but they are different prices, so I don't know which would be the right one for my car. I have emailed navteq, but so far had no response back.
So, what I am after is any info on where else I may get one from. My local Vauxhall parts department just gave me a strange look and said that they could maybee get one but it would cost about £300, so I laughed and left.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2007, 11:42:29 »

The disc that came in my car, as I have said is a copy and someone has written on it 'navteq', but that is all, I am not after another "copy", I want a proper navteq disc. The problem is, is that when I checked out the navteq site for year 2000 Omega it is just an empty page. For 1999 and 2001 there are lists of disc that can be purchased but they are different prices, so I don't know which would be the right one for my car. I have emailed navteq, but so far had no response back.
So, what I am after is any info on where else I may get one from. My local Vauxhall parts department just gave me a strange look and said that they could maybee get one but it would cost about £300, so I laughed and left.
The map disks are expensive, I'm guessing around £100 from mapping company.  Are there any other contacts for Navteq other than email?
Grumpy old man

wakeyomega

• Intermediate Member
  • Wakefield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 July 2007, 14:57:54 »

Hi Nick
Welcome to the forum. I've also got the NCDC 2013. I tend to upgrade my maps every couple of years. I always buy from Navteq direct via their web site. If you are VAT registered you can also enter your VAT number and get it cheaper (my last was just under £60, no VAT).

Good Luck, Pat

:y
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm

Weds

• Chatham, Kent
  • My other hobby
    • Mercedes E class 350 CDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 July 2007, 18:25:32 »

Hi all
I'm new to this forum (joined today) and wanted to ask a question about my sat nav. The car I have is a late 2000 Elite with the NCDC 2013 unit in, and wanted to know where I might be able to get a more uptodate sat nav cd for it. The one that is in the car is a copy and I have no idea how old it is and I have already found it a bit lacking. Any help would be much appreciated.
Nick.

You can buy proper disks (not copies) from Ebay, check the german site as they tend to be cheaper but beware a lot of them don't do paypal and you have to do credit transfer which could be costly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.