Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some part numbers for aux tensioner / pulley  (Read 904 times)

zirax

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
Some part numbers for aux tensioner / pulley
« on: 21 November 2010, 21:01:39 »

Hi all,

On Friday the aux belt pulley failed and then shredded the aux belt. Fingers crossed the block will be fine.... about 10-15secs without a pump before I managed to switch off.

I've had a search around and managed to find the part numbers for the aux belt from Andy B (thanks).
Omega Part Number Retail Price Normal Trade Trade Club
Fan belts
2.5/2.6/3.0/3.2 with air con. 93181720 £32.30 £27.46 £19.62

Could anyone tell me the part number for the tensioner or pulley? Had a look and couldn't see that. Since this is very important I am back on the road next weekend, I'm tempted to change the whole thing as it has seized solid.

While under there I noticed that the bolt holding the unit to the block is not a standard nut fitment, does anyone know what type it is? If doing the pulley I would imagine it is a case of just undoing the nut at the front of the tensioner unit?
Dr Richard Stephens:- "I would advise people, if they hurt themselves, to swear."

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Some part numbers for aux tensioner / pulley
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2010, 21:06:15 »

If doing the pulley I would imagine it is a case of just undoing the nut at the front of the tensioner unit?

Yes it is! I've never taken enough notice of the thread when I've removed mine in the past, but you need a 15mm spanner/socket  :y
I'm sure you'll get the tensioner part numbers posted soon-ish  :y

zirax

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2010, 21:13:09 »

If doing the pulley I would imagine it is a case of just undoing the nut at the front of the tensioner unit?

Yes it is! I've never taken enough notice of the thread when I've removed mine in the past, but you need a 15mm spanner/socket  :y
I'm sure you'll get the tensioner part numbers posted soon-ish  :y

I meant the bolt that holds the entire unit to the block has an unusual pattern. i.e. I don't think a standard socket would fit. I should have taken a pic as I am now 200m away from the car, doh.

One other point of interest, when I looked at the pulley it was smooth rather than grooved? I thought it would make sense to have a grooved pulley.
« Last Edit: 21 November 2010, 21:14:28 by zirax »
Dr Richard Stephens:- "I would advise people, if they hurt themselves, to swear."

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2010, 21:22:27 »

I meant the bolt that holds the entire unit to the block has an unusual pattern. i.e. I don't think a standard socket would fit. I should have taken a pic as I am now 200m away from the car, doh.

One other point of interest, when I looked at the pulley it was smooth rather than grooved? I thought it would make sense to have a grooved pulley.

They're ordinary metric threaded bolts M10? but are Torx headed for which you need female Torx sockets to remove. You don't usually need the whole thing, contrary to what a lot of dealer's parts desk will tell you, the tensioner roller does comes separately.
My roller is grooved but I believe some are not .....  :-/
Entwood had some parts numbers.

Elitenut

• Omega Knight
  • Redditch, Worcestershire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2010, 10:17:35 »

The part number for the complete Tension is 9202550
The Pulley part number is 9157962

zirax

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 November 2010, 18:02:28 »

Brilliant thank you  :y

Welung666

« Reply #6 on: 22 November 2010, 18:22:08 »

Brilliant thank you  :y

Just buy the highlighted one, undo the nut anti-clockwise, remove the cup and old tensioner pulley, fit the new one, cup then nut and tighten clockwise. Let the tensioner swing as you tighten it until you are happy it's tight (can't find the torque value just now but very tight will work for now) and fit your new belt as normal :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.