Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated seats ex police mv6 estate not working??  (Read 1001 times)

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • 99,3.0 MV6 Est Ex Police
    • View Profile
Heated seats ex police mv6 estate not working??
« on: 19 January 2012, 23:19:04 »

when i bought the car it had a standard down spec'd ex police gls interior but heated seat switches in dash, but pass side switch light came on but seat cold.... drivers side nothing no light cold seat.... as interior was typical expolice ripped full of holes stained etc i took everything inc switches headlining seats trim panels out of a cd estate, again but pass seat light comes on switch even swopped switches around & seat base only gets hot, drivers again no light no heat nothing....

does the light only illuminate if full circuit is made??

or u recon police may of tapped into the power from drivers side?? (the CD was dead no battery no engine no keys) so unsure if it even worked to start with but was free!! ive bought a pre facelift complete leather interior thats clean for £60! to fit but want to know if its a wiring or seat issue??? Thanks. 

freecall666

• Omega Knight
  • looking over your shoulder
  • fun for all, get with the program
    • 2.0l sweat tank on wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Heated seats ex police mv6 estate not working??
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2012, 14:52:20 »

somtimes the switch can go, when pusing it in should hear a click sound, swap the good one to the other side just to see if it is the switch. if switch is ok go from there to wire plug under the seat some times can get un pluged or cut by the seat, and pop the fuse.
« Last Edit: 20 January 2012, 14:54:26 by freecall666 »
Solar charger fitted.
If not Broke dont fix it..

fergy

• Hereford
  • 2001 CDX 2.2dti Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2012, 23:10:01 »

Hi- I can confirm that light on switch will come on with seat heater element disconnected, at least it does on my facelift with a busted seat element. I would check fuse firstly, then power at the switch and the switch bulb.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2012, 23:15:04 »

Not at all unusual for police to reuse existing switches for alternate purposes such as rear cabin light on.  Internal lights isolate. Proximity alarm to open kebab shop.

ASuggest you trace back wiring as far as possible to see where it heads.  Clue -  If there are plastic crimps in the wiring then it didn't leave the factory like that and you need tyo think outside the box.

Unlikely that it works either/.any of the ehated seats.  Its just a convenient switch for a police purpose....

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2012, 14:24:28 »

somtimes the switch can go, when pusing it in should hear a click sound, swap the good one to the other side just to see if it is the switch. if switch is ok go from there to wire plug under the seat some times can get un pluged or cut by the seat, and pop the fuse.

Ive swopped over the good switch from passenger seat that lights up & works to the drivers side still nothing.... but switch from drivers side into passenger then works... so pass seat works with either switch & just base gets hot... but drivers seat doesnt do anything & switch doesnt work etc are both seats controlled via 1 Fuse?? or have i just fitted another duff seat??

ive got a full leather interior out of a pre-facelift to fit so hopefully that all works if drivers doesnt then police have prob tapped into it to power somthing else now redundant...

freecall666

• Omega Knight
  • looking over your shoulder
  • fun for all, get with the program
    • 2.0l sweat tank on wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2012, 14:47:38 »

Check that there is volts coming out at the plug under the seat, if there is volts then seat duff. if no volts then trace wires back to the relay.
Solar charger fitted.
If not Broke dont fix it..

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 January 2012, 14:51:38 »

Not at all unusual for police to reuse existing switches for alternate purposes such as rear cabin light on.  Internal lights isolate. Proximity alarm to open kebab shop.

ASuggest you trace back wiring as far as possible to see where it heads.  Clue -  If there are plastic crimps in the wiring then it didn't leave the factory like that and you need tyo think outside the box.

Unlikely that it works either/.any of the ehated seats.  Its just a convenient switch for a police purpose....

Ive swopped over the good switch from passenger seat that lights up & works to the drivers side still nothing.... but switch from drivers side into passenger then works... so pass seat works with either switch & just base gets hot... but drivers seat doesnt do anything & switch doesnt work etc are both seats controlled via 1 Fuse?? or have i just fitted another duff seat??

ive got a full leather interior out of a pre-facelift to fit so hopefully that all works if drivers doesnt then police have prob tapped into it to power somthing else now redundant...

i use to have an elite car but seems to be alot less wiring in this car... when i removed all the cd interior out of a scrap estate i started to notice alot of things missing in my mv6.... (i know police had alot of these things deleted from new)
No illuminated sun visors & no wiring...
No rear interior lights...
No Passives for alarm on piller above seatbelt...
No lights in the door cards...
front interior lights dont work when u pull out headlight knob or open doors... but work if manually switch them on...

but ive now got all extra wiring to fit these basic things into mine, all the wiring in my car have correct plugs & GM lables but on plug tho say 5wires enter from loom only 2wires connect into it? so hopefully by fitting the correct parts & new loom i can then have working...

anyway im waffling i have a replacement carbon effect dash to fit so when its removed i check wiring behind for add ons or adaptions etc Do both front seats have the same fuse...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.