Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Range Rover insurance renewal.  (Read 1440 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Range Rover insurance renewal.
« on: 14 June 2021, 09:13:36 »

Been a lot of talk on the Range Rover forum about ridiculous hikes on insurance premiums due to all models & years of Land Rovers being stolen some companies are even refusing cover on them, I knew mine was coming up for renewal with LV so quite surprised this morning last year £320 renewal this year £285, so happy with that ..😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Range Rover insurance renewal.
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2021, 11:00:27 »

I looked at a Range Rover a few weeks ago and tried to get a day cover policy to get it home, but none of the companies would cover it. 

I didn't buy it anyway as it had a small patch of rust on the nearside rear arch and I didn't think it was worth the risk of what might be hiding under the trims.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2021, 11:05:33 »

I looked at a Range Rover a few weeks ago and tried to get a day cover policy to get it home, but none of the companies would cover it. 

I didn't buy it anyway as it had a small patch of rust on the nearside rear arch and I didn't think it was worth the risk of what might be hiding under the trims.  :-\

The older ones like mine 2007/8 are mostly being broken for parts, Defenders  ( the proper ones ) into containers & shipped out abroad. I've been with LV for 24 years now since they were Frizzel as they offered special rates for civil servants,had a couple of claims over the years & they have been excellent.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2021, 11:09:14 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2021, 17:32:28 »

This one was an 06 FFRR Vogue SE with 90,000 miles, lots of history and (apart from the rust) in good order.  The rust could have been a £200 or £2000 job in a body shop....  :-\

I got a fully comp quote of £185 which was good, but I wanted a day policy to get it home as I was going leave it on the drive until I got shot of the Mondeo, and none of the companies would cover it.  :-\

Anyway it wasn't to be....
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2021, 18:00:28 »

since they were Frizzel as they offered special rates for civil servants,had a couple of claims over the years & they have been excellent.
I always found Frizzel uncompetitive, even with the discount.  Added to the fact I had a dreadful time with them when a Volvo took me up the arse, I swore I'd never use the numpties again....

....guess who I'm with currently ;D
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2021, 18:31:20 »

since they were Frizzel as they offered special rates for civil servants,had a couple of claims over the years & they have been excellent.
I always found Frizzel uncompetitive, even with the discount.  Added to the fact I had a dreadful time with them when a Volvo took me up the arse, I swore I'd never use the numpties again....

Because of your advanced years.......Saga. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 June 2021, 19:12:10 »

I forgot I can join them now ;D

I bet their premiums are high though, paying for all the old duffers who confuse the brake and accelerator....
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 June 2021, 19:15:59 »

I bet their premiums are high though, paying for all the old duffers who confuse the brake and accelerator....

I believe elderly whippet owners from  Barnsley are prone to this. :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 June 2021, 19:41:33 »

I believe elderly whippet owners from  Barnsley are prone to this. :)
I'd certainly confuse them if you crossed the road in front of me  :)
Diesel till I die

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 June 2021, 00:22:33 »

Been a lot of talk on the Range Rover forum about ridiculous hikes on insurance premiums due to all models & years of Land Rovers being stolen some companies are even refusing cover on them, I knew mine was coming up for renewal with LV so quite surprised this morning last year £320 renewal this year £285, so happy with that ..😁

Never have I ever.......... got a lower quote then last years  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.